Tom Moore Last Night

SoFlaJets

How about 1995, when Moore was the Lions' offensive coordinator and Scott ******* Mitchell threw for over 4,000 yards and 32 TDs?

How about 1996 when Schott ******* Mitchell threw for 2800 yards and 17/17 td/int

All under Moore:

How about 1986 when Mark Malone threw for 2400 yards, a 50% completion and 15/18 td/int

How about 1987 when Mark Malone threw for 1900 yards, a 46% completion and 6/19 td/int

How about 1988 when Bibby Brister threw for 2600 yards, a 47% completion and 11/14 td/int

How about 1989 when Bibby Brister threw for 2300 yards, a 55% completion and 9/10 td/int

It's tough sledding without a top 5 QB of all time behind center

How about 1996 when Schott ******* Mitchell threw for 2800 yards and 17/17 td/int

All under Moore:

How about 1986 when Mark Malone threw for 2400 yards, a 50% completion and 15/18 td/int

How about 1987 when Mark Malone threw for 1900 yards, a 46% completion and 6/19 td/int

How about 1988 when Bibby Brister threw for 2600 yards, a 47% completion and 11/14 td/int

How about 1989 when Bibby Brister threw for 2300 yards, a 55% completion and 9/10 td/int

Luckily we don't have Bubby Brister or Mark Malone.....

Tom Moore is overrated. Brian Schottenheimer would look like a genius if Peyton Manning was his QB for the last 13 years, too.

He's a fresh set of eyes, here to tweak what the Jets are already doing. He's 72 years old. He didn't like being forced to retire, but his job here on the Jets is pretty much his version of becoming a Walmart greeter.

If Tom Moore is the greeter would that make Schotty the guy that go's out and fetchses the carts?

All under Moore:

Are you seriously using Mark malone and Bubby Brister as your examples ? really ?

Are you seriously using Mark malone and Bubby Brister as your examples ? really ?

Bubby Brister > Chad Pennington

Mark Malone > Kellen Clemens

my point is that Schotty has had sh*tty qb's, and Moore during the peak of his career also FAILED with sh*tty QB's... If the Jets had drafted Manning Schotty would've become a HC somewhere by now cause we would've had a top 5 offense every year he was here

Bubby Brister > Chad Pennington

Mark Malone > Kellen Clemens

my point is that Schotty has had sh*tty qb's, and Moore during the peak of his career also FAILED with sh*tty QB's... If the Jets had drafted Manning Schotty would've become a HC somewhere by now cause we would've had a top 5 offense every year he was here

That's extremely logically flawed.

The only thing Schitty has proven is that he can fail with the allegedly sh*tty QBs he's had (like Chad Pennington and Favre whom both had great years after leaving).

Schitty has not proven he could have succeeded with a young Manning. That is just your assumption, which you're trying to force in as a fact to uphold your flawed comparison.

All under Moore:

See below.

Scott ******* Mitchell is remembered as one of the worst QBs in recent history and he had an all-pro caliber season under Tom Moore. The game underwent a radical shift in the mid-90's, and I really don't give a sh*t what happened in the late 80's. Vinny had a 13 TD-35 INT season and and kept his job for five more years. Different era. No sh*t it helps to have Peyton Manning, but anyone that can get that elite of a season out of Scott ******* Mitchell is a great coach.

When I went to edit the other post, it made a new one. In quotations. I hate this new board.

The only thing Schitty has proven is that he can fail with the allegedly sh*tty QBs he's had (like Chad Pennington and Favre whom both had great years after leaving).

Schitty has not proven he could have succeeded with a young Manning. That is just your assumption, which you're trying to force in as a fact to uphold your flawed comparison.

Thats chan looking for an arguement :)

Dude.. anyone can suceed with manning.. that's my point..

And chad pennington is suckass... favre got hurt, and still he had worse seasons under Holmgram in an offense he knew since 2md year in league

Scott ******* Mitchell is remembered as one of the worst QBs in recent history and he had an all-pro caliber season under Tom Moore. The game underwent a radical shift in the mid-90's, and I really don't give a sh*t what happened in the late 80's. Vinny had a 13 TD-35 INT season and and kept his job for five more years. Different era. No sh*t it helps to have Peyton Manning, but anyone that can get that elite of a season out of Scott ******* Mitchell is a great coach.

When I went to edit the other post, it made a new one. In quotations. I hate this new board.

it's one seasons in a long career, who gives a sh*t about 1 succesful season Scott Mitchell had 15 years ago... The guy was never an elite guy till manning and he's 72 years old now, the game has surely passed him by

it's one seasons in a long career, who gives a sh*t about 1 succesful season Scott Mitchell had 15 years ago... The guy was never an elite guy till manning and he's 72 years old now, the game has surely passed him by

I guess we'll see, but I think it's wrong to dismiss Moore outright. Manning had basically been his own offensive coordinator for years, but Moore should at least get some credit. You can't become perhaps the greatest player of all-time without coaching, and it certainly wasn't Tony Dungy that was coaching Manning up.

I guess we'll see, but I think it's wrong to dismiss Moore outright. Manning had basically been his own offensive coordinator for years, but Moore should at least get some credit. You can't become perhaps the greatest player of all-time without coaching, and it certainly wasn't Tony Dungy that was coaching Manning up.

I'd bet just about anything he was along for the ride.. If the offense gets better it will be because a) Sanchez improves in year 3 (as he should) or B) Plaxico become a freak

Don't you know? Offensive coordinators get absolutely all of the credit for all success, and the players all blame for failure. That's the most accurate way to evaluate the situation. Everyone knows that.

That's how it works?

Well, in Tom Moore's case...yes.

I never said the guy sucked, just that he's no savior. Glad to have him giving Schottie the benefit of his knowledge, but I don't expect any major differences in the Jets offense as a result.

And he's not coming out of retirement. He's going to enjoy watching film in his S. Carolina home and submitting his reports. He can do that for the rest of his life if he's interested, as far as I'm concerned. It won't hurt.

But this is not the equivalent of getting Bill Walsh to proof read game plans.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Tom-Moore-Helping-the-Jets-Fly/e0e1ebda-5966-4702-85d5-3f4d258582a4

Watch this two minute video from yesterday and the answer will become clear as to why he's no longer an OC and is perfectly suited just where the Jets have him-he's having speech problems, almost seems like the onset of Parkinson's to this untrained eye

Archived