oline= the ny jets real problem

ylekram

Don't get all pissy when you don't even pay any attention to my point. Jets offensive linemen that I was told were going to be driving pickup trucks next month: Hunter, Moore, Turner and Slauson. They were already on the phone with Seubert from the Giants - he probably isn't ready to go yet so they shouldn't waste the roster spot until they know what they have or who shakes loose at cutdowns.

Yippee! Now I am an a$$hole like Slats and 4 or 5 other guys!

i called you a smart a$$. i never called you an a$$hole. you are not on the list

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I'm not freaked out about the backup OT situation? :huh:

come on now. that comment was not just about this thread. i basically said the jets need a back up tackle. you basically agreed and said they would when teams make cuts. then you call me a whiner. but you are not narrow minded?

come on now. that comment was not just about this thread. i basically said the jets need a back up tackle. you basically agreed and said they would when teams make cuts. then you call me a whiner. but you are not narrow minded?

Yes, I think you're whining, and I don't understand how that makes me narrow minded.

You describe the OL as a strength last year. We're bringing 4/5 starters back, one of those quality backups is hurt and another is now the fifth starter. As a result, you think the OL is now the Jets real problem. Really?

The starting OL is the same one that won two playoff games last year. Turner will be back by the bye week. And there will be OL to choose from on the open market to fill a backup OT position if they lose all faith in Ducasse for this season.

I think I'm taking the rational approach, you're taking the whining approach, and I don't understand how the term narrow-minded even entered the discussion. Perhaps that's my narrow-mindedness?

Just retitle your post to be a bit more aligned to what you are thinking. From your post you fear the depth of our line, not our actual line which is the same line that finished last year as the best if not one of the best. as far as your typing, it could be a lot worse, I have seen some walls of text that made my eyes hurt.

IMO the title should be.

OLINE DEPTH--ONE INJURY AWAY FROM A DISASTER OMFG$!@#$!@#&$!@$

Yes, I think you're whining, and I don't understand how that makes me narrow minded.

You describe the OL as a strength last year. We're bringing 4/5 starters back, one of those quality backups is hurt and another is now the fifth starter. As a result, you think the OL is now the Jets real problem. Really?

The starting OL is the same one that won two playoff games last year. Turner will be back by the bye week. And there will be OL to choose from on the open market to fill a backup OT position if they lose all faith in Ducasse for this season.

I think I'm taking the rational approach, you're taking the whining approach, and I don't understand how the term narrow-minded even entered the discussion. Perhaps that's my narrow-mindedness?

not only are you narrow minded, you tend to swim around what is really said to try to prove your narrow minded point.how does the next poster realize what i am saying and you, read what you want to read.just like every other thread you are involved in.

lets recap

last year the jets have a solid starting 5 lineman and 2 soldid backups.this year as of now, the jets could have 5 solid starters, possibly a coupla solid interior lineman backups, and no back up tackle.notta one.i express concern about not having a backup tackle. you also express concern about the position, but stated you are not too worried because they will pick one up during roster cuts.both are basically saying the same thing, however, i am a whiner and you are the ever realist. stfu and really think before you start to type your typical dribble

not only are you narrow minded, you tend to swim around what is really said to try to prove your narrow minded point.how does the next poster realize what i am saying and you, read what you want to read.just like every other thread you are involved in.

lets recap

last year the jets have a solid starting 5 lineman and 2 soldid backups.this year as of now, the jets could have 5 solid starters, possibly a coupla solid interior lineman backups, and no back up tackle.notta one.i express concern about not having a backup tackle. you also express concern about the position, but stated you are not too worried because they will pick one up during roster cuts.both are basically saying the same thing, however, i am a whiner and you are the ever realist. stfu and really think before you start to type your typical dribble

I actually would make the argument that it is you, who tells people to stfu if they don't agree with your heightened state of anxiety and penchant for mellow drama, that is narrow-minded... not slats.

lets recap

So . . . the OL is the Jets "Real Problem" because unlike last year, they only have 1 solid backup, not two?

You are a whiner.

(BTW, it's "drivel", not "dribble")

lets recap

After struggling thru another nearly unreadable post....

I don't think you know what narrow minded means.

And we are not saying the same thing, because based on your thread title you believe the New York Jets offensive line to be the real problem on the team. I don't think that at all. I think they have a very correctable issue at the backup OT position.

I actually would make the argument that it is you, who tells people to stfu if they don't agree with your heightened state of anxiety and penchant for mellow drama, that is narrow-minded... not slats.

another who reads what he wants. take a minute, read the thread again, and get back to me

After struggling thru another nearly unreadable post....

I don't think you know what narrow minded means.

And we are not saying the same thing, because based on your thread title you believe the New York Jets offensive line to be the real problem on the team. I don't think that at all. I think they have a very correctable issue at the backup OT position.

so you read the title and bypassed everything else?

So . . . the OL is the Jets "Real Problem" because unlike last year, they only have 1 solid backup, not two?

You are a whiner.

who can step in and play tackle at the start of the season.who is this solid back up you speak of

so you read the title and bypassed everything else?

I continue to strongly encourage you to use the shift key and space bar more liberally. I don't think you're as dumb as your lower case blocks of type make you look.

I read your post. It was a cry for help. It meandered all the way to having both Sanchez and Brunell knocked out because of the backup OT situation. Rest assured, I think you started overreacting in the thread title, and continued overreacting in the opening post and throughout the thread.

another who reads what he wants. take a minute, read the thread again, and get back to me

I don't have a problem with you ylekram, so don't take this the wrong way. I just can't take the pessimism anymore. So, why don't you take a moment and re-read this thread and all the other threads like it... then logout and reflect.

I'm tired of Jets fans that think the only way to express how big a fan you are is to find the one glaring weakness and harp on it, like you care more than everyone else.

I'm tired of Jets fans that say they aren't Same Old Jets fans because they are positive, then follow it with sentiments like "I can't wait to watch the Jets play, they are going to be awesome... except for... "

I just want to watch my team play some great football. Adversity is part of the game... I believe this team is well-equipped to deal with it, but the fans are NOT.

I don't have a problem with you ylekram, so don't take this the wrong way. I just can't take the pessimism anymore. So, why don't you take a moment and re-read this thread and all the other threads like it... then logout and reflect.

I'm tired of Jets fans that think the only way to express how big a fan you are is to find the one glaring weakness and harp on it, like you care more than everyone else.

I'm tired of Jets fans that say they aren't Same Old Jets fans because they are positive, then follow it with sentiments like "I can't wait to watch the Jets play, they are going to be awesome... except for... "

I just want to watch my team play some great football. Adversity is part of the game... I believe this team is well-equipped to deal with it, but the fans are NOT.

Hey monkey, we didn't used to mind fighting over here. I know Max has requested that we all just get along, but I don't think he has ever condoned having somebody log off and reflect rather than continue posting! Isn't post count king? I say a post saying "**** YOU!" is preferable to no post at all.

To sum up, before people start cyber spitting at one another, is the Jets starters are very solid.

An early camp injury has left them a bit weak in backups. Solution: As SMC pointed out in his roster thread, that will be healed by two players who are not yet on the roster.

They don't need an All Pro, just a versatile journeyman. Geez

I completely agree with you. If multiple people are all misunderstanding your thread in the same way, obviously the problem is with them, not with you or what you wrote. Stick to your guns, lonely warrior!

To sum up, before people start cyber spitting at one another, is the Jets starters are very solid.

An early camp injury has left them a bit weak in backups. Solution: As SMC pointed out in his roster thread, that will be healed by two players who are not yet on the roster.

They don't need an All Pro, just a versatile journeyman. Geez

They don't even need a versatile journeyman UNLESS one of the tackles gets hurt. Knock on wood.

I completely agree with you. If multiple people are all misunderstanding your thread in the same way, obviously the problem is with them, not with you or what you wrote. Stick to your guns, lonely warrior!

obviously, you couldnt answer my question. look, it is obvious that i am out of my element here. i cannot compete with all of you keyboard intellectuals. with that, i am out. have fun

Hey monkey, we didn't used to mind fighting over here. I know Max has requested that we all just get along, but I don't think he has ever condoned having somebody log off and reflect rather than continue posting! Isn't post count king? I say a post saying "**** YOU!" is preferable to no post at all.

I know where your coming from, but ylekram isn't usually this big of a calamity... he seems way more negative than I remember him being.

obviously, you couldnt answer my question. look, it is obvious that i am out of my element here. i cannot compete with all of you keyboard intellectuals. with that, i am out. have fun

Dont let these dicks get to you.

I think the title was just misleading and people couldnt look past it because the reality is, our OL is one of our strengths.

If the title said Oline Depth = the NY Jets real problem, I dont think you'd have seen so many smart a$$ remarks.

PS - the way you type only annoys the nerds - tell them gfy - and carry on posting.

Dont let these dicks get to you.

I think the title was just misleading and people couldnt look past it because the reality is, our OL is one of our strengths.

If the title said Oline Depth = the NY Jets real problem, I dont think you'd have seen so many smart a$$ remarks.

PS - the way you type only annoys the nerds - tell them gfy - and carry on posting.

JiF has been modkilled.

• 1 month later...

You are a whiner.

well,its a good thing that i am such a whiney pussy and dont have a clue to what i am talking about, unlike all you keyboard killer football genius out there.whew. for a second there i thought the jets oline might be in trouble.i am so glad all you REAL football guys talked me off the ledge.i have learned my lesson. dont argue with people that can type better than me.

Everyone who bashed Ylekram and looked down their noses at him...spat, giggled and pointed at him as if he were the village idiot, must now say the following:

"Gee Whiz, Ylekram. You were right. I was wrong. My condescending attitude and lack of faith in your opinion have come back to haunt me. You are the World Champion of Pwnage. And I am an asshat."

It must be said. Everyone that's ever been on a message board has daydreamed of such a moment. I say deference must be paid. Make it happen, people.

the Jets OL Is 10th overall in the league in sacks given up (10 sacks)

Mark Sanchez is 1st overall in the league in turnovers lost (9).

neither situation is good but fix the turnovers and you fix the offense. Maybe the Jets should just go out there and take a knee for 3 quarters? they would have won by 3 last week.

Everyone who bashed Ylekram and looked down their noses at him...spat, giggled and pointed at him as if he were the village idiot, must now say the following:

"Gee Whiz, Ylekram. You were right. I was wrong. My condescending attitude and lack of faith in your opinion have come back to haunt me. You are the World Champion of Pwnage. And I am an asshat."

It must be said. Everyone that's ever been on a message board has daydreamed of such a moment. I say deference must be paid. Make it happen, people.

"GEE WHIZ" sirlancemehlot "WHY DONT YOU GFY"?? TAKE YOUR SARCASTIC STUFF SOMEWHERE ELSE.

"GEE WHIZ" sirlancemehlot "WHY DONT YOU GFY"?? TAKE YOUR SARCASTIC STUFF SOMEWHERE ELSE.

THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF YOU KEYBOARD KILLERS OUT THERE! do you have something to discuss? go ahead,im game. you wanna run your cyber seat protected mouth, GFY!

Hey knucklehead, I wasn't being sarcastic. You nailed the problem before anyone else and took a rash of sh*t for it unfairly. I was taking your back. I been bashing Tanny for two years and getting my a$$ handed to me and have wished for a moment of triumph like the one you should be enjoying right now. I get that you took my post the wrong way, but damn, lighten up. i been on this board since 2005 and haven't been mean to anyone yet. Why would i start with you? You derserve an apology from all the doosheys who looked down on your opinion, which was the RIGHT opinion and one I wholeheartedly agreed with then and now. You are falling victim to JN Defensiveness. Too many Homers with too many posts. I guess its bound to happen. but realize who is quoting you and try for a minute to remember that we aren't all out to get you.

Archived