Brace yourself, NFL. It looks like Bill Belichick plans to come back from the lockout with guns blazing.

pfilippone

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe on Jets fans sites but certainly not in the media. According the media they are always insanely awesome and every move they make is hailed as brilliant and guaranteed to put them over the top (even if is something they would have eviscerated another team for doing.)

Even this year, they blow out two teams in the preseason (including in their first game against the Jags in which very few starters played) and all of a sudden they are the team to beat and Belichick is "putting the rest of the league on notice." Then they get their asses handed to them in the third preseason game (which the media always tells us is the only preseason game you can ever tell anything from) and it's written off by the same media as "meh, its just a preseason game."

I'm not saying they are going to be terrible, but I don't see any legitimate reason to fear them anymore. But this worship at the altar of Belichick by the media is beyond ridiculous at this point.

True.

Is this any different then the ball washing Rex and "the Sanchize" get? No.

If the Patriots are over rated, like JN thinks, then what the Patriots are doing deserves praise.

True.

Is this any different then the ball washing Rex and "the Sanchize" get? No.

If the Patriots are over rated, like JN thinks, then what the Patriots are doing deserves praise.

What ball washing? Just last Sunday on the Sports Reporters on ESPN, Mike Lupica (who happens to be the most prominent sports columnist in NY) pretty much called Rex a big phony, saying he only threw his headset on the ground during the 1st preseason game because he knew cameras were on him. That's a NY sportswriter sh*tting on Rex on national television.

The ball washing you speak of doesn't exist pal. Most sportswriters are rooting for the Jets to fail so they can kill Rex.

Mike Lupica (who happens to be the most prominent sports columnist in NY)

Lippman: So have you ever done this kind of work before?

George: Well, you know, book reports...that kind of thing.

Lippman: What do you read?

George: I like Mike Lupica.

Lippman: Mike Lupica?

George: He's a sports writer for the Daily News, I find him very insightful.

If only teh falcon was here to totally confuse this with real like job discrimination.

Mr. Lippman: It's come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct?

George Costanza: Who said that?

Mr. Lippman: She did.

George Costanza: [pause] Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

Mr. Lippman: You're fired!

George Costanza: Well, you didn't have to say it like that.

Cherish the memories. The Jets bought themselves 1 more week of the 2010 season. Thats all.

Oh, this one is real ******* rich. Now we have Patriots fans trying to diminish the meaning of postseason victories? Yeah, everyone knows they don't mean sh*t. After all, it's really all about those regular season records, right? Give me a break, this is a joke even by the low standards of your fan base.

Oh, this one is real ******* rich. Now we have Patriots fans trying to diminish the meaning of postseason victories? Yeah, everyone knows they don't mean sh*t. After all, it's really all about those regular season records, right? Give me a break, this is a joke even by the low standards of your fan base.

And further evidence of how far the mighty have fallen.

Where are the trophies for post season victories?

Go whine about ticket prices.

When did you ever have Pats season tickets? Don't know about you but paying over $5,100 a year for 3 tickets was a little to steep for me. $169 a game per ticket isn't what I call a good investment.

I hope the person(s) who got my seats enjoys themselves.

When did you ever have Pats season tickets? Don't know about you but paying over $5,100 a year for 3 tickets was a little to steep for me. $169 a game per ticket isn't what I call a good investment.

I hope the person(s) who got my seats enjoys themselves.

I go to road games. Its not uncommon for me to spend $500 for 1 good seat, plus travel, rental car, lodging and the rest. A couple of games can cost $3000 plus easy. Its expensive. So, I work a part time job to pay for football games instead of crying like a spoiled brat who doesnt get his way.

Selling your seats was the right call. You would have been gone anyway when BB and Brady are done and the Pats slip back into oblivion.

I go to road games. Its not uncommon for me to spend $500 for 1 good seat, plus travel, rental car, lodging and the rest. A couple of games can cost $3000 plus easy. Its expensive. So, I work a part time job to pay for football games instead of crying like a spoiled brat who doesnt get his way.

I'm not talking about road games. What does that have to do with season ticket prices?

Selling your seats was the right call. You would have been gone anyway when BB and Brady are done and the Pats slip back into oblivion.

I would have been gone? Really? Since I bought season tickets in 1992 I think you are full of your usual crap.

Digging the Patsie on Patsie crime here. Lol!

Gainzo has the right idea. $3000 to go to a couple games? I'd rather make the one time $3000 investment on a home theater and watch every game for the next decade. Or maybe send my daughter to college for a semester. Probably the latter.

The whole live game experience is way out of hand. I won't participate.

i just don't see the pats oline suckin like they did against the lions. Brady will have games when he finds rythum and kills defenses. Rex is right. we need help from other teams to win the division. Providing we have minimal critical injuries, our young defense is gonna be awesome by seasons end. Our offense will go as far Sanchez takes us despite shottys lousy playcalling.

It's gonna be a dogfight again this year. I firmly believe the jets will rise above. Our defense will be that good come playoff time.

They paid too much for him, right? ;)

I dont know what they paid the guy but to be honest I love Ocho Cinco. I think the guy is funny as hell and hes pretty genuine. I also think he has something left because the guy is always in great shape. Once he gets comfortable in this offense it could be a scary situation for some teams, but not us, since we usually shut down good WR's . I think the big problem the Pats bring is with a healthy Wes Welker and their TE's attacking the middle of the field but even from that perspective we adjusted to that in the playoffs and gave Brady fits so they have to come up with something now to beat the defense we threw at them in the playoffs. Either way its always going to be a chess match between Rex and Bill lets just hope were on the winning end come playoff time :)

I dont know what they paid the guy but to be honest I love Ocho Cinco. I think the guy is funny as hell and hes pretty genuine. I also think he has something left because the guy is always in great shape. Once he gets comfortable in this offense it could be a scary situation for some teams, but not us, since we usually shut down good WR's . I think the big problem the Pats bring is with a healthy Wes Welker and their TE's attacking the middle of the field but even from that perspective we adjusted to that in the playoffs and gave Brady fits so they have to come up with something now to beat the defense we threw at them in the playoffs. Either way its always going to be a chess match between Rex and Bill lets just hope were on the winning end come playoff time :)

I really wouldn't be surprised if Ocho ended up with ~ 900-1000 yards with the Pats.

Archived