Jets with a very good offensive first half.

JetsFanFromQueens

For all the negativity surrounding Shotty Jr during the first half (which was patheric), it's funny to see the Jets put up 17 first half point. That was also one hell of a drive that went 99 yards heading into the 2nd half. Sanchez was impressive, going 12/20, 173 yards with 2 TD's/0 INT's.

Since it's the preseason, it's obvious that we're keeping our play calling very simple and very vanilla (the way it should be), which makes our 187 yards of total offense during the 1st half "that much more impressive". Shotty Jr deserves some credit here.

Plaxico Burress was the STORY of the 1st half. 3 receptions, 66 receiving yards, along with a beautiful TD reception in the end zone. Braylon Edwards who? We just signed a FREAK OF NATURE!

For all the negativity surrounding Shotty Jr during the first half (which was patheric), it's funny to see the Jets put up 17 first half point. That was also one hell of a drive that went 99 yards heading into the 2nd half. Sanchez was impressive, going 12/20, 173 yards with 2 TD's/0 INT's.

Since it's the preseason, it's obvious that we're keeping our play calling very simple and very vanilla (the way it should be), which makes our 187 yards of total offense during the 1st half "that much more impressive". Shotty Jr deserves some credit here.

Plaxico Burress was the STORY of the 1st half. 3 receptions, 66 receiving yards, along with a beautiful TD reception in the end zone. Braylon Edwards who? We just signed a FREAK OF NATURE!

Not bad, but let's not get crazy either.

3rd down offense was, as Beningo would say, less than stellar.

O Line run blocking, for the most part, not there tonight.

But passing game pretty good, especially in these conditions.

Interested in seeing McElroy this week.

I would not say very good. Before that last drive, Sanchez was 0-5 on 3rd down.

Still, I thought Sanchez overall did a very good job. Much more accurate with his ball placement. He's also been quick and decisive with his decision-making. He hit a 60% completion percentage in the first half, and that's with a few drops from Kerley.

If anything, the O-line is the unit that dropped the ball. Not only Ducasse, but Brick got owned a few times.

Every team in the league can string together a 17 point half.

What we need is consistency. Consistently picking up yardage and sometimes getting those lucky big plays like on that final drive. Definitely scoring TDs when in the red zone. The Jets blew one of those INTs and just turned it into a FG, and I think I remember Folk missing another FG.

Basically we're looking for an offense that consistently hits singles, often hits doubles, and sometimes hits homeruns. What we've gotten the past several years is a lot of strikeouts and sometimes homeruns. The homeruns aren't the problem and we need to stop trying to just hit homeruns. Hit the singles. Play small ball like the Yankees used to back when they were awesome.

The 99 yard drive to end the half was great, but doesn't entirely wipe away the ugly from the 3 & out from the Cincy 10.

They're obviously still inconsistent.

Looking forward to the return of Mangold.

It's foolish to worry about our rushing attack, when it's the preseason. We broke an all time franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season back in 2009. That was with a rookie QB in Sanchez under center. We ranked 4th in rushing last year. Our rushing attack has done all of this, while opposing D's have KNOWN the run was coming. That won't be the case this year. Our rushing attack will be very good for the 3rd consecutive season.

We were without our feature back in Shonn Greene. Brandon Moore (great run blocking RG) was also out. What's with all this horrendous negativity over a moot point such as our rushing attack during a preseason game? Have some of you not seen what our rushing attack has done over the past two years? Nothing has changed.

Do you all really believe we're trying to "open up the playbook"? Hell no. It's the preseason, where play calling has always been vanilla. As expected, and for obvious reasons. What? You all don't think the Cowboys coaching staff isn't scouting our offense (and defense) right now? They are.

It's foolish to worry about our rushing attack, when it's the preseason. We broke an all time franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season back in 2009. That was with a rookie QB in Sanchez under center. We ranked 4th in rushing last year. Our rushing attack has done all of this, while opposing D's have KNOWN the run was coming. That won't be the case this year. Our rushing attack will be very good for the 3rd consecutive season.

We were without our feature back in Shonn Greene. Brandon Moore (great run blocking RG) was also out. What's with all this horrendous negativity over a moot point such as our rushing attack during a preseason game? Have some of you not seen what our rushing attack has done over the past two years? Nothing has changed.

Do you all really believe we're trying to "open up the playbook"? Hell no. It's the preseason, where play calling has always been vanilla. As expected, and for obvious reasons. What? You all don't think the Cowboys coaching staff isn't scouting our offense (and defense) right now? They are.

Agree with all of this. Just don't think that translates into "very good." I'd give it 3/5 stars.

Wow in just 3 weeks you have taken over the credit cards spot as most annoying poster congrats.

this dude is stuck in LaLa land.

As a long time Jets fan... why wouldn't I be pumped up?

- We have a real winner as head coach in Rex Ryan.

- We're watching a franchise QB develope into something special right before our very own eyes.

- We have one of the best D's we've ever seen out of a Jets team.

- Our defensive line is REVAMPED.

- We're featuring one of the best rushing attacks around, behind a top of the line offensive line.

- We're blessed to watch an All-World CB in Revis, along with a former pro bowler in Antonio Cromartie. Which forms for the best CB tandem out there.

- Ever since 2006, we've featured a franchise LT in Ferguson and an All-Pro Center in Mangold. They've held this offense together.

- We have a nucleus of young talent that's ready to break out.

- Plaxico freaking Burress is looking sharp and focused as ever. Holmes and Burress can become MAGICAL! Have you NOT SEEN Plaxico tonight?!?

I can go on and on, etc etc, but the bottom line is this... Get it through your thick skull... We're considered as being TRUE SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS heading into 2011. Stop trying to "question" why long time fans are in "la la land".

Why you've been soooo negative, during a time where most long time Jet fans have been rejoicing has been beyond me.

What I took from this game is that the Bengals are a very bad team.

Is Satele the guy from Hard Knocks last year with the serious knee issue?

Man has been active. That was a pretty pick.

No, that was Kevin Basped who was more like Maybin. I think Basped went to the same school as Mauga. Satele is an ILB and was on Hard Knocks though. I think he got knocked out, like Mauga and I think he's the one Rex said should own a pizzeria or something.

What I took from this game is that the Bengals are a very bad team.

No, that was Kevin Basped who was more like Maybin. I think Basped went to the same school as Mauga. Satele is an ILB and was on Hard Knocks though. I think he got knocked out, like Mauga and I think he's the one Rex said should own a pizzeria or something.

I think you're right. Wasn't that Westoff with the pizzeria comment? That was awesome!

Archived