Ok So How Did DookAsse Look at G?

TNJet

After watching the replay tonight on nfl network, Vlad DookAsse, aka Dookie a$$, Douche a$$, and Dicckass etc., did not play too badly. I think his future in the nfl is at G, because if he locks on and keeps his feet moving he could be a force in the future in the run game.

Knock it off with the nicknames please...

After watching the replay tonight on nfl network, Vlad DookAsse, aka Dookie a$$, Douche a$$, and Dicckass etc., did not play too badly. I think his future in the nfl is at G, because if he locks on and keeps his feet moving he could be a force in the future in the run game.

Pretty much this. I think his problem is that hes just too slow footed (meaning Quickness) to play Tackle. Quick speed rushers will destroy him consistntly. This is also not good for pulling guards which we do alot. His footwork is terrible and he seems to get tangled up at times because of it. I think he needs a lot of work and I also think we would be in big trouble if we had to rely on him to step in for anyone in the regular season. Inside blitz pick up can also be a problem . I think the only thing this guy currently does at a decent level is blocking for runs between the tackles and thats about it.

The kid (albeit a very large kid) has great physical talent. He may not be a Rhodes scholar (how many NFL players were candidates?) but has only been playing football for a half dozen years. He has shown the ability to play and compete where he doesn't have to assimilate and react to a complex scheme-its not natural to him yet. Give him time and coaching and we MAY see a pro bowler or a bust. It is far too early in his development for a fan to write him off.

Pretty much this. I think his problem is that hes just too slow footed (meaning Quickness) to play Tackle. Quick speed rushers will destroy him consistntly. This is also not good for pulling guards which we do alot. His footwork is terrible and he seems to get tangled up at times because of it. I think he needs a lot of work and I also think we would be in big trouble if we had to rely on him to step in for anyone in the regular season. Inside blitz pick up can also be a problem . I think the only thing this guy currently does at a decent level is blocking for runs between the tackles and thats about it.

I think it's way too early to make that judgment. Nothing improves a player's speed like knowing what he's doing. Vlad ain't there yet.

I also think that if we had to plug him in, it might be ugly at first, but that he's improve with experience.

The kid (albeit a very large kid) has great physical talent. He may not be a Rhodes scholar (how many NFL players were candidates?) but has only been playing football for a half dozen years. He has shown the ability to play and compete where he doesn't have to assimilate and react to a complex scheme-its not natural to him yet. Give him time and coaching and we MAY see a pro bowler or a bust. It is far too early in his development for a fan to write him off.

I don't know that he's not bright, either. I do think he still has a bit of a language barrier, and that's affecting him in learning an NFL offense, too.

I think it's way too early to make that judgment. Nothing improves a player's speed like knowing what he's doing. Vlad ain't there yet.

I also think that if we had to plug him in, it might be ugly at first, but that he's improve with experience.

Vlad? Yeah always.

Slats I agree with you to an extent. Some plays however are pretty vanilla and you just block who your asigned directly in front of you nothing to learn there but do your job and in that respect he got beat like a drum vs the Texans in one on one situations. Playing guard can be a little different with inside blitzes needing to be recognized and in that case there will be a learning curve since they are much easier for a defense to disguise than an edge rusher.

I don't know that he's not bright, either. I do think he still has a bit of a language barrier, and that's affecting him in learning an NFL offense, too.

It goes way beyond the language barrier. The kid barely played football. A short time in high school and then a few years at UMass. It's not like he's been through football camps since he was 8 years old like most of these guys.

Slats I agree with you to an extent. Some plays however are pretty vanilla and you just block who your asigned directly in front of you nothing to learn there but do your job and in that respect he got beat like a drum vs the Texans in one on one situations. Playing guard can be a little different with inside blitzes needing to be recognized and in that case there will be a learning curve since they are much easier for a defense to disguise than an edge rusher.

I really didn't see him getting blown up so badly at tackle. I saw him getting beaten around the end. At least once it was obvious that he started looking inside and was way late in picking up the outside man. Sure that can be because he is too slow, but it also can be because he simply doesn't understand what he is supposed to do or he is so raw that he was afraid to get beaten inside. As bad as it is to have an OLB run right around you, it's worse to get beaten inside because then there is no pocket and it happens much faster. I taped the games, so maybe I will have to watch them again to see him getting whipped one on one.

Kids going to be fine

The lock out hurt him bad. When he's at RT he has to hesitate to remember what his responsibility is, in or out, decent edge rusher will beat him outside most of the time. Won't be that way next year, or maybe even later in the season.

I watched the game twice. He did not play badly at all. He needs to concentrate more. In a little while he will do just fine. he was drafted as a project as previously stated. His learning curve is nearly over!

Archived