will the Colts draft Andrew Luck after they go 1-15 without peyton?

Blackout

Indy just gave him a new contract 40 days ago with over $50M in guaranteed money. A $16M hit (amortized portion of his $20M SB) would hit in 2012 if they traded him after this season. If they keep him 1 more season he may have another $20M option bonus due in 2012, which would make it impossible to trade him for a couple more seasons.

Not saying it is impossible but it would be a tough nut to swallow on top of trading away the best player they ever had and probably ever will.

Indy just gave him a new contract 40 days ago with over $50M in guaranteed money. A $16M hit (amortized portion of his $20M SB) would hit in 2012 if they traded him after this season. If they keep him 1 more season he may have another $20M option bonus due in 2012, which would make it impossible to trade him for a couple more seasons.

Not saying it is impossible but it would be a tough nut to swallow on top of trading away the best player they ever had and probably ever will.

Not that this will ever happen but the Colts can get out of that contract and only have to pay 1mil for injury and another 500k next year Thats if they void the contract and thats if thats still possible Im not sure when the deadline is for them to do that. All that being said they probably wont do that. This is per NFL network LaCanfora reported this.

The loss to the Texans was in no way Collins fault he was getting hammered and the team stunk on every level and to be honest maybe thats what they needed to wake their asses up and stop them from feeling sorry for themselves. Once Collins is more comfortable in the offense and they actully give him a chance to throw the football no way this team has the worst record in the NFL. Its possible they can trade up in the draft but its very rare a team trades out of a pick on a QB with the first pick. If Luck really is That Good the pick will never be traded.

Andrew Luck will be a KC Chief or Cleveland Brown.

? KC has Cassel and he threw for 27 TD's and 7 Ints last year why would they be in the market for a QB? I could see the Vikings wanting to get a guy like Luck or the Dolphins but not KC . Hard to tell right now whos going to have the worst record in the NFL there are some bad teams but that number seems to be dewndling

? KC has Cassel and he threw for 27 TD's and 7 Ints last year why would they be in the market for a QB? I could see the Vikings wanting to get a guy like Luck or the Dolphins but not KC . Hard to tell right now whos going to have the worst record in the NFL there are some bad teams but that number seems to be dewndling

OOPSIE. Meant Seattle. Vikings are a good choice.

OOPSIE. Meant Seattle. Vikings are a good choice.

Seattle is possible but they are Stupid as it is playing Jackson over Whitehurst. I watched some of that game and Jackson is freakin Horrible while Whitehurst really deserves a legitimate shot. Everytime Ive seen the guy hes looked impressive.

Seattle is possible but they are Stupid as it is playing Jackson over Whitehurst. I watched some of that game and Jackson is freakin Horrible while Whitehurst really deserves a legitimate shot. Everytime Ive seen the guy hes looked impressive.

what do you think the winners (LOL) record will be like? 1 win, 2 win, 3 win. How much suck will it take? LOL

what do you think the winners (LOL) record will be like? 1 win, 2 win, 3 win. How much suck will it take? LOL

man I dont see a 1-15 team out there this year maybe 3 or 4 wins. 1-15 is just plain horrible and it takes more than just a bad team 1-15 also takes bad luck with injuries and such kind of like the Panthers last year when half the offense got hurt. Honestly I just dont know at this point whos going to be the few really bad teams this year Cleveland has some talent so they can win 6 or 7 games same with Cincy who else is there that strikes you as just a terrible footbal team ? I would think the front runner has to be Cincy but they came out and beat the Browns heh.

Of course they are playing Jackson over Whitehurst. Jackson is stupid BUT he can at least run for his life. Whitehurst would get killed behind that line.

The Seahawks Offensive Line has 2 problems 1) they can't run block 2) They can't pass block

Not that this will ever happen but the Colts can get out of that contract and only have to pay 1mil for injury and another 500k next year Thats if they void the contract and thats if thats still possible Im not sure when the deadline is for them to do that. All that being said they probably wont do that. This is per NFL network LaCanfora reported this.

The loss to the Texans was in no way Collins fault he was getting hammered and the team stunk on every level and to be honest maybe thats what they needed to wake their asses up and stop them from feeling sorry for themselves. Once Collins is more comfortable in the offense and they actully give him a chance to throw the football no way this team has the worst record in the NFL. Its possible they can trade up in the draft but its very rare a team trades out of a pick on a QB with the first pick. If Luck really is That Good the pick will never be traded.

Interesting. But that's just for money going forward. They still have to have an accelerated cap hit for money already paid to him (in addition to the buyout amount you mentioned). He's due another $3M bonus mid-season but I forget if it's a roster or option bonus.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see what they do if Manning is cleared to play but they don't activate him with the season already in the crapper and they still end up with the top pick (or a shot at the top pick) with only 3-4 wins but with an allegedly-healthy (but older) Manning.

Their owner is an idiot who barely can spell so who knows?

their owner IS an idiot but he's crazy like a fox ghost. The Colts having Peyton Manning all these years has made them immune from criticism.

Since they drafted Manning there are 108 or so other players listed here http://www.databasefootball.com/draft/draftteam.htm?tm=IND&lg=NFL

maybe 10 impact players have been picked by this team-I'm telling you guys the Colts are going to try and tank this season to get Andrew Luck.

Irsay is crazy enough to do it and Caldwell is lapdog enough to follow the edict sent down. They NEED another franchise QB or they will go back to being the crappy team they always were before Manning arrived-well for the generation before he got there since the early 70's. You know what having heard the stories I heard from guys like Max, their fanbase deserves to be humbled again.

The same thing happened to New England after Mo Lewis took Drew Bledsoe out on that sideline hit-when Brady's gone, well we all saw what a great defense the Patriots are putting on the field. I don't fear them like every other sports guy on TV and the radio does. but that's a different subject.

If Peyton doesn't come back the Colts will win 4 or 5 games. Can we all agree that Irsay has no business running a football team? Can we also agree that Polian has 1 Super Bowl win with teams that have been to 6 Super Bowls (4 for the Bills, 2 for the Colts)

Polian is Mr Regular season and even then he gives up. The debacle a couple of years ago when the Colts laid down at 13-0 was an embarrassment. You Jets fans have no problem with what the Colts did lol

If Peyton doesn't come back the Colts will win 4 or 5 games. Can we all agree that Irsay has no business running a football team? Can we also agree that Polian has 1 Super Bowl win with teams that have been to 6 Super Bowls (4 for the Bills, 2 for the Colts)

Polian is Mr Regular season and even then he gives up. The debacle a couple of years ago when the Colts laid down at 13-0 was an embarrassment. You Jets fans have no problem with what the Colts did lol

No we didn't but we don't know for sure that we wouldn't have won that game anyway-we'll never know.

I don't know how I can diss anyone who's had teams to go 6 superowls but I for one think the Colts have sh*t the bed in free agency and finding Manning weapons the past 5 years. Now all they have is Reggie Wayne (until Peyton comes back next year) and I suppose I'll still call Dallas Clark good.

Archived