Sanchez is ranked #1 on a list of overpaid NFL players

Kleckineau

Sanchez, like most top 10 picks before the rookie salaray cap was implemented, is certainly overpaid. That said, this whole article went straight down the sh*tter the second it based it's entire concept solely on 2011 base salary. I'm pretty sure everyone in the world not named Darelle Revis knows a single season's salary number in an NFL contract is in no way linked to the player's performance in that singular season.

Love this mental masturbation by people who have to create stories. This the "hump" year in his contract and based upon that number for this year he is, I believe, about the third highest paid QB. While few in their right mind would consider him the third best QB in the league at the present time, no reasonable analyst should used a skewed number for comparison purposes.

On the other hand, how many QBs have won 4 playoff games in the last two years??????????

For a guy who hates bad decisions and costly turnovers, are you sure supporting Eli Manning in this argument is a cross worth bearing?

I'm not really supporting Eli; I'm wondering why someone would defend Sanchez as "a winner, period" and then demand to know why a Super Bowl MVP wasn't included in the list.

These kind of articles are never a good idea because so few people have access to salary information or can make good estimations. Sanchez is clearly overpaid at 15.25 million, but thats the nature of the beast. Sam Bradford's cash payout in 2011 is 26.84 million. Guys like Aaron Maybin and Tim Tebow are making a few million to basically not play football. Whos more valuable Sanchez at $15.25 or Tebow around $7 million?

Archived