Are the Bills proof that Shotty sucks?

ECURB

I remember you saying that back when we started 5-0 under Herm one year. We ended up 9-7.

We started 4-0 last year. We had our midseason lull and ended up 11-5.

Just because we're 2-0 doesn't mean we're perfect. People like to discuss things like what we can do better on message boards. If you hate the threads, don't read them.

While you are correct in stating people like to discuss thinks like how to improve, this thread is NOT a good example of that. This thread takes the cause and effect of Chan Gailey getting hired and the improvement of the Bills offense, and tries to twist it in an agenda-driven indictment of Schotty.

For the record, I hate Shotty. I was one of the first, because I crapped on him in year one when I also said we should have never hired Mangini. Schotty does suck, but this "point" that ECURB brings up is not evidence of that.

This thread is like saying that my bowl of chili (the Bills awesome new offense) tastes much better now that I added chipotle hot sauce (Chan Gailey) to it, and because of that your o-ring (the Jets crappy offense) is on fire when you take a twosie, even though all you ate was a bologna sandwich (Schotty).

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has it really "gotten to the point"?

The Bills offense beat up on 2 terrible secondaries in a row... anyone with half a brain isn't drawing conclusions on the rest of the season based on the first 2 weeks. By the same logic, we'd have to assume Brady will throw for 450-500 yards per game all year. Giving him what? About 7-8,000 yards passing this year?

Are we really comparing the Bills and the Jets.....COME ON MAN

Fitzpatrick has been in the league 4 full years longer than Sanchez and has feasted on subpar secondaries. This weekend he'll do it again.

I fail to see what that has to do with the Jets.

If Shotty was the Bills new OC... would they be putting up these points?

The Bills are proof that OC has a lot to do with putting up points... not just shiny receivers and QB's.

Fitzpatrick has been in the league 4 full years longer than Sanchez and has feasted on subpar secondaries. This weekend he'll do it again.

I fail to see what that has to do with the Jets.

Well, both have faced subpar secondaries, with one QB feasting while the other has alternated binging and purging.

If Shotty was the Bills new OC... would they be putting up these points?

The Bills are proof that OC has a lot to do with putting up points... not just shiny receivers and QB's.

With everything equal I'm pretty sure they would... Bills don't run any exotic packages as far as I can tell. They just have a QB that is finally coming into his own after being in the league for 6 years coupled with being Hahvad smaht...

Lets see how many points our guys are putting up in about a month and a half or so... by then Sanchez, Mas, and Plax should be completely in tune.

Neither team has faced NE, so I guess I'm failing to see whatever flimsy point you were trying to make.

I was looking in my crystal ball and saw Fitzpatrick lighting up the Pats this Sunday...

That and I accidentally typed in NE instead of OAK...

If you want we can take this outside.

I'd like you to produce proof of shininess for these receivers you speak of.

This thread is proof that not everyone that posts at JN is a pseudo-intellectual.

I'd like you to produce proof of shininess for these receivers you speak of.

This thread is proof that not everyone that posts at JN is a pseudo-intellectual.

Holmes was the hottest FA WR on the market... Sanchez is a top 10 pick...

The Bills are able to do more with less.

Holmes was the hottest FA WR on the market... Sanchez is a top 10 pick...

The Bills are able to do more with less.

Gholston was a top 10 pick too. What does that have anything to do with anything?

The only "proof" I'm seeing in this thread is proof that you don't actually know what proof means.

Gholston was a top 10 pick too. What does that have anything to do with anything?

The only "proof" I'm seeing in this thread is proof that you don't actually know what proof means.

Ok so my argument is not an exact science re-read and edited to fit the taste of some JN members who get jollies out of picking things apart.

You still cannot claim shotty would have the Bills O playing like it is now... so my argument no matter how poorly worded has merit.

Ok so my argument is not an exact science re-read and edited to fit the taste of some JN members who get jollies out of picking things apart.

You still cannot claim shotty would have the Bills O playing like it is now... so my argument no matter how poorly worded has merit.

You cannot claim he wouldn't have them scoring 400 points a game. See how silly this is?

I can't claim that Schotty would have the Bills O playing like it is now. I can't claim that he wouldn't either. I can't claim anything about our offensive coordinator and the Bills because our offensive coordinator isn't on the field, nor is it even truly clear to fans how much responsibility Shotty really has for the success of our offense in comparison to you know, the players on the field.

Your premise is complete BS. Sorry.

Archived