I'm Just Glad I Don't Let Jets Losses Ruin My Day Or Week Anymore

SoFlaJets

I think I'm starting to understand where guys like BP, Thor, Bob, and G.O.B. are coming from-after a while you just don't seem to care as much as you used to...life's hard enough these days without letting some stupid game put you off your enjoyment of life...especially when you have no control over what happens-add to that the crappy officiating we've been seeing this year-worst I have EVER seen since I've been watching the pro game-that goes back to 1966...

the bummer is the wins aren't as sweet, they are just relief. I think it's an age thing. when I was 20 it took me 4 days to get over a loss, now at 44 it's 4 hours.

wait until you reach my age Larz-you don't even curse at the TV anymore

I got to admit, i'm there too. I was more into it last year, because I thought our team legitimately had a chance at the SB. But this year, it's pretty clear we don't have the horses on the offensive line, have a wildly inconsistent QB, a dolt of an OC, and not as good of a defense.

Last year, it felt like we should've been able to win every game.

I am feeling that way too...39 years old...I am like "eh"....i wish I could get excited but after two years where you almost reach the apex...I feel like i am just out of excitement...

The only thing that I look forward to is McKnight returning kicks...that is exciting because at any time he can break one. Also look forward to Revis playing...however, that's it. No wow factor at any other positions there...I am just tired of feeling like we should be trucking teams but we really haven't made any steps forward on O. Three years of the same shYt on O....always...

The questions I have are...:

1) why can't we get the ball to Keller more often??? Are they doubling him?

2) Why can't this O start off fast?

3) Why do we always play from behind?

Sigh...

LL

It just doesn't "FEEL' like our year ya know? Just like I knew the Yankees weren't doing anything this year-sometimes you just can feel it. Before this season started I went on record saying how this was going to be a weird season and I actually said that I could see this being a year of a Lions or Panthers and Bills super Bowl-it's somewhere on this board...

Hey SoFlaJets, I totally agree man. At the end of the day these millionaire players and multi-millionaire owners go back to their great lives regardless. I thought last year this team would take a step back but it looks like it's this this year. It's not over, but nothing this team has done makes you want to 'buy in'.

Hey SoFlaJets, I totally agree man. At the end of the day these millionaire players and multi-millionaire owners go back to their great lives regardless. I thought last year this team would take a step back but it looks like it's this this year. It's not over, but nothing this team has done makes you want to 'buy in'.

You should have seen the thread over on JI this morning asking Jets fans to start calling Woody Johnson or for us fans to start sending Ray Lucas money...fock him

Thats the frustrating thing about both my Football teams. But, I still love it. And I'll continue to watch and support...just realizing this isnt the year. And I'm ok with that. No biggie. Get a couple of good wins, get some trash talk material and hope for the future.

I have already put this loss behind me. I have given up on Rex's thickheadedness about BS. I have attributed his inexplicable job security to Tanny and Woody, but that is probably not true. I just do not enjoy watching this team play offense anymore. When Vinny and Parcells were here it seemed like the OC (Dan Henning) had first drive points more than 50% of the time. Combine that with our pathetic pass rush, and the occasional Rex all out blitz on third and more than 10, resulting in a 15 yard completion, and I am ready to switch to the baseball playoffs. Does Rex just pull these blitzes out of his a$$, or what? And when Brady is on our 3, he gets 5 seconds to throw against a 3 man rush. Like he is Michael Vick or something? You cannot cover receivers for 5 seconds. This team is all over the place. And the QB is not any better than he was at the end of 2009.

My best friend's 9 year old son is autistic and I took part in my first walk for autism research today with her family. I felt so good about that, and seeing him smile and carrying his banner proudly that honestly, nothing else mattered today. No loss was going to bring me down after that.

Grad school did it for me. Not only the subject matter I routinely deal with, but the fact that there's always work to be done, I just don't get that worked up about my entertainment anymore. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I expected them to lose gloriously both this week and last, and this week, they actually overplayed my expectations.

Grad school did it for me. Not only the subject matter I routinely deal with, but the fact that there's always work to be done, I just don't get that worked up about my entertainment anymore. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I expected them to lose gloriously both this week and last, and this week, they actually overplayed my expectations.

Hah. That has been my medicine these past few weeks to. Jets are sucking? Oh well, need to work on my thesis anyways.

I think a lot of it is that we all got a reality wake-up call... Well, three of them, in a row, actually. This team as of now is not even a playoff contender, forget superbowl contender. There's obviously some chemistry issues on this team, and it seems the lost offseason has taken its toll on our physicality and toughness as a team.

I still have some hope, because we certainly have the talent... But we have to turn it around bigtime, and in a hurry, if we're going to make a run for the postseason.

Archived