"another unselfish block by plaxico"

ylekram

No, Braylon was better than Plax. But Plax is ours now. Thats that. Gotta use him to the best advantage. I'm still hoping he'd just rusty and not washed up. He's definately not the game changer he once was. Not a deep threat at all. And we don't seem to look at him in the red zone. Maybe he's just "not there yet" or maybe he is simply a guy who is aging and has been away from the game too long. I don't know. I'm just crossing my fingers at this point.

Braylon Edwards 2011: 4 catches for 48 yards

Plaxico 2011: 14 for 218 with 2 TDs

Once again Braylon had minor Knee surgery and is not playing so how can you compare stats in that situatioon ? And no, you cant say hes injury prone either. If Braylon was on the Jets I think its safe to say he would have more than 14 catches and a hell of a lot less drops on Important 3rd down situations. Biggest drop coming vs the Raiders that would have extended a drive rather than give up the ball and surrender 2 TD's in 60 seconds.

Once again Braylon had minor Knee surgery and is not playing so how can you compare stats in that situatioon ? And no, you cant say hes injury prone either. If Braylon was on the Jets I think its safe to say he would have more than 14 catches and a hell of a lot less drops on Important 3rd down situations. Biggest drop coming vs the Raiders that would have extended a drive rather than give up the ball and surrender 2 TD's in 60 seconds.

It's safe to say anything you like but Braylon was known for drops. Yes, that improved greatly last year with the Jets but he was also in a contract year. If he got paid he may have converted back to the old slippery fingers Brown Braylon. You just don;t know.

I know what you meant. I'm stating (apparently you agree) that downfield blocking by WR was ridiculously overrated by our posters.

Im not sure anyone overrated WR's blocking in the running game, it was mentioned Im sure, but just mentioning a part of the game thats necessasry and expected should not turn it into a joke. Its part of the game and produces extra yards . Coaches do not tolerate when WR's do not block because it extends plays and sometimes creates big plays. Just because some posters on JI want to turn fundemental football into a joke does Not make it irrelevant . The jokes is what brought more attention to it not the posts about good blocking WR's.

He wasn't a burner with the Giants either. By the end of the season we will be at the same point with him as Braylon coming into 2010. Some people will be in love and others will want to grab the pitchforks and run him out of town.

That being considered, Plax has had more drops in the past two games than BE had all of last year. Just sayin....

And WR blocks are what make the difference between a 6 yd run and a 12 yd run. They are the second level and what makes a good running team an elite running team. We are missing that this season.

I watched Holmes miss a block last night when he was responsible for sealing the outside. If he held the block it was at least a first down. Instead it was a no gainer. WR blocking is a big deal.

We all want to complain about the offense, but these types of things are at least part of the problem. No blocking out of the WR's to help establish the running game and dropped passes are not helping our fragile QB's situation.

It's safe to say anything you like but Braylon was known for drops. Yes, that improved greatly last year with the Jets but he was also in a contract year. If he got paid he may have converted back to the old slippery fingers Brown Braylon. You just don;t know.

Hey Crush I agree Braylon was known for Drops but apparently the guy made some type of adjustment last year that caused him to only have one drop which is pretty impressive. Right now the Jets are the 4th worst team in the NFL when it comes to dropping the football which is not a good stat to be in the top 5. The drops that hurt the most come on thrid down and we have had a lot of those which really worries me.

That being considered, Plax has had more drops in the past two games than BE had all of last year. Just sayin....

And WR blocks are what make the difference between a 6 yd run and a 12 yd run. They are the second level and what makes a good running team an elite running team. We are missing that this season.

I watched Holmes miss a block last night when he was responsible for sealing the outside. If he held the block it was at least a first down. Instead it was a no gainer. WR blocking is a big deal.

We all want to complain about the offense, but these types of things are at least part of the problem. No blocking out of the WR's to help establish the running game and dropped passes are not helping our fragile QB's situation.

Yep its the little things that trun a good running team into an elite one.

The Jets lost a pro bowl FB a Great Blocking TE and a pro Bowl RT add that in with some injuries early on and that equals bad running game and horrible pass protection. Add that up with predictable play calling and you have the horror show we have watched so far this season. Yet people seem compelled to blame the QB and RB for our problems.

Hey Crush I agree Braylon was known for Drops but apparently the guy made some type of adjustment last year that caused him to only have one drop which is pretty impressive. Right now the Jets are the 4th worst team in the NFL when it comes to dropping the football which is not a good stat to be in the top 5. The drops that hurt the most come on thrid down and we have had a lot of those which really worries me.

Worries me to. But I think it's more than Braylon not being here. Drops are a symptom, this team has alot more wrong with them than just dropping the ball. They play soft, the offense is inept and it seems it's creeping into the defense. This team does nothing well. NOthiNG.

Worries me to. But I think it's more than Braylon not being here. Drops are a symptom, this team has alot more wrong with them than just dropping the ball. They play soft, the offense is inept and it seems it's creeping into the defense. This team does nothing well. NOthiNG.

Yep agreed. Maybe losing some of the players we did is having an effect not so much for talent but leadership. It was well known that players like Richardson and Woody were very out spoken and mentioned a lot by their teammates and Cotch was very well liked ...who knows maybe we lost some identity which is making its way to the field.

Yep agreed. Maybe losing some of the players we did is having an effect not so much for talent but leadership. It was well known that players like Richardson and Woody were very out spoken and mentioned a lot by their teammates and Cotch was very well liked ...who knows maybe we lost some identity which is making its way to the field.

It's something. Because this team looks nothing like last years squad. Since Rex took over this team was know for playing great D and running the ball. We no longer do either well. Yet, Kerley is a nice surprise and Mr. McNight looks like he may be something. Thats good.

In the post-game interviews Sanchez kept saying how important and unselfish the Plax block was, it almost seems like Rex coached him to keep pounding that point home since Plax did not make an impact catching the ball.

Being at the game I could not see it close up, but after the Holmes TD he went right to the bench and sat by himself while the rest of the sideline celebrated. This TD came right after one of his drops so he could have been mad at himself.

It's something. Because this team looks nothing like last years squad. Since Rex took over this team was know for playing great D and running the ball. We no longer do either well. Yet, Kerley is a nice surprise and Mr. McNight looks like he may be something. Thats good.

Finally McKnight is getting a few touches on offense. I know Ive pounded this point home 100 times but I would love to see the Jets use their backs more like the Saints do that means more touches for players like McKnight and it also means lining up 2 in the back field at the same time . It would keep the defense off balance for sure and it will also open up the medium range passing game since defenses would have to respect the screens and short passing game to the backs. It will also create mis matches , something Shotty has no clue how to do. Funny how the Pats and Saints sometimes figure out ways to get LB's on WR's why is it the Jets never create those types of situations ?

Finally McKnight is getting a few touches on offense. I know Ive pounded this point home 100 times but I would love to see the Jets use their backs more like the Saints do that means more touches for players like McKnight and it also means lining up 2 in the back field at the same time . It would keep the defense off balance for sure and it will also open up the medium range passing game since defenses would have to respect the screens and short passing game to the backs. It will also create mis matches , something Shotty has no clue how to do. Funny how the Pats and Saints sometimes figure out ways to get LB's on WR's why is it the Jets never create those types of situations ?

Agreed. Not going to happen. That would mean Schotty would have to buy a new notebook and do that thing with the X's and O's and actually come up with a ........ wait for it..................Im not ready yet........................ NEW GAME PLAN. Set up the pass with the run or set up the run with the pass. Either would do as oppose to 3 plays and punt. Yes, would be a nice change.

In the post-game interviews Sanchez kept saying how important and unselfish the Plax block was, it almost seems like Rex coached him to keep pounding that point home since Plax did not make an impact catching the ball.

Being at the game I could not see it close up, but after the Holmes TD he went right to the bench and sat by himself while the rest of the sideline celebrated. This TD came right after one of his drops so he could have been mad at himself.

QB's are spokesman for their teams he very well could be pumping up Plax . I could see Rex mentioning to Sanchez to give Plax some credit since he onviously seems pretty down right now. Im not sure how a block is unselfish , seems more manditory to me.

On a side note , while I feel we took a step down in Plax vs Braylon I find it hard to blame any player on this offense for anything until we get a real Offensive Coordinator in here. I do believe Shotty has a terrible effect on QB's, his play calling is horrible, not sure about the design of his plays either .

Agreed. Not going to happen. That would mean Schotty would have to buy a new notebook and do that thing with the X's and O's and actually come up with a ........ wait for it..................Im not ready yet........................ NEW GAME PLAN. Set up the pass with the run or set up the run with the pass. Either would do as oppose to 3 plays and punt. Yes, would be a nice change.

Exactly why Shotty needs to go. Hes been a very lucky guy IMHO. There always seems to be a built in excuse for him. In Rex's one track mind we won the football game last night so Shotty must have done well even though we had 900 3 and outs to start the game and the only time we actully did anything was when Sanchez extended plays. The best thing that could have happened last night was us winning the game 7 to 6 on Revis' 100 yard Int return. :)

On a side note , while I feel we took a step down in Plax vs Braylon I find it hard to blame any player on this offense for anything until we get a real Offensive Coordinator in here. I do believe Shotty has a terrible effect on QB's, his play calling is horrible, not sure about the design of his plays either .

This might belong in the newest fire Schotty thread that will get started some time this morning, but I agree with you. The games that Sanchez plays well in, he is able to get into a rhythm early with short passes.

But the play that pissed me off the most was that halfback throw back attempt by LT intended for Sanchez. You are having trouble running your basic offense, its no time for trick plays...

This might belong in the newest fire Schotty thread that will get started some time this morning, but I agree with you. The games that Sanchez plays well in, he is able to get into a rhythm early with short passes.

But the play that pissed me off the most was that halfback throw back attempt by LT intended for Sanchez. You are having trouble running your basic offense, its no time for trick plays...

Yep I walked out of my Den for a few minutes after that call. Whats funny is usually the QB is amost never covered on that play but it was so obvious the safety sniffed it out. maybe we need to bring back the wildcat and line up Sanchez wide right and Connor wide left ?? That'll fool em. ;)

That play was horrible. Simply horrible. Even if it succeeded, why would you call that in the middle of the field and put another hit on your QB with a risky play where so many things can go wrong? Maybe you call that down in the redzone against an aggressive, over pursuing defense (which the Phins are not) in a tight game. This is the kind of crap that the Schotty apologists like to overlook. It is easy to criticize after the play. But when you know a play is a bad call even if it succeeds - you have a bad OC.

Yep its the little things that trun a good running team into an elite one.

The Jets lost a pro bowl FB a Great Blocking TE and a pro Bowl RT add that in with some injuries early on and that equals bad running game and horrible pass protection. Add that up with predictable play calling and you have the horror show we have watched so far this season. Yet people seem compelled to blame the QB and RB for our problems.

I'm really not all that stoked about sanchez and have lost all respect for Schotty, but you are right. it's simply unrealistic to think that we can change all of those parts ( it was unnecessary to make all those changes by the way) and expect it to be smooth. We have a completely different team this year. The blocking is subpar at best and holmes sho9uld shut his trap after the blocking he displayed last night.

Let it go with Braylon. Jeesh.

It's like you guys listen to Adele's "Someone Like You" while staring at a Braylon poster with tears in your eyes.

He's gone. He's not coming back. I wanted him re-signed but there was serious concerns about him such as (1) pricetag, he wanted a big contract, (2) alchohol, all of his incidents (bar fights, DUI, Stallworth vehicular homicide, and apparantely the 1 car accident were achohol related, and (3) his knee.

Let it go with Braylon. Jeesh.

It's like you guys listen to Adele's "Someone Like You" while staring at a Braylon poster with tears in your eyes.

He's gone. He's not coming back. I wanted him re-signed but there was serious concerns about him such as (1) pricetag, he wanted a big contract, (2) alchohol, all of his incidents (bar fights, DUI, Stallworth vehicular homicide, and apparantely the 1 car accident were achohol related, and (3) his knee.

Agreed except the knee thing didn't come up until the season started didn't it? Did the Jet's have any knowledge about that? I'm fine with them not bringing Braylon back, I just wish we got a better player to take that spot. I was cautious bout Plax from the beginning and there is still a lot of season left to be played.

LOL

About the knee was that a lingering Injury he had with us or did he have that happen in San Fran ?

Agreed except the knee thing didn't come up until the season started didn't it? Did the Jet's have any knowledge about that? I'm fine with them not bringing Braylon back, I just wish we got a better player to take that spot. I was cautious bout Plax from the beginning and there is still a lot of season left to be played.

Braylon tore the ACL in his right knee in 2005 to miss the rest of his rookie season.

http://www.extremesk...-out-for-season

Braylon had surgery this year on his right knee after making a catch and limping off in the Niners-Cowboys game.

http://espn.go.com/n...eks-source-says

The right knee is the same knee Braylon had soreness in and was listed on the injury report with the Jets (although, to his credit, he didn't miss a game with the Jets because of it).

Braylon tore the ACL in his right knee in 2005 to miss the rest of his rookie season.

http://www.extremesk...-out-for-season

Braylon had surgery this year on his right knee after making a catch and limping off in the Niners-Cowboys game.

http://espn.go.com/n...eks-source-says

The right knee is the same knee Braylon had soreness in and was listed on the injury report with the Jets (although, to his credit, he didn't miss a game with the Jets because of it).

I didn't know that. I guess since he didn't miss any games I didn't think about it. Good find SMC.

I didn't know that. I guess since he didn't miss any games I didn't think about it. Good find SMC.

Thanks. I didn't know about that either until he got hurt this year. I did research and found out it was the same knee he tore his ACL and immediately thought "red flag."

Archived