Sanchez regressing? No, not quite

Flash73

You know, with a rookie QB, that usually is the case. What did you expect? Good on him to just get there in the first place. Few have done so....

Except, and I'm going to speak for the vast majority of this board right now... it's not at all clear why that's a bottom line, nor why that would be a BAD bottom line for a 2 year starter. It's not even bad for a vet.

Except he's been a winner since the first day he came into this league. You're judging him to be a loser on... what, his 4-2 playoff record in his first 2 years alone? A 23-15 regular season record (if memory serves)?

First, you were the one that brought up playoff wins, now you want to change the game... ok...

PAY ATTENTION.

Stafford is hurt constantly. Has he even played a full season worth of games yet?

Have you seen Flacco's stats this year? LOL. 8 TD's, 6 picks and a lower completion percentage despite 1 extra year of experience? Wow, you've got me on this one!

With an extra year under his belt, Ryan looks slightly better in certain areas, worse in others this year. Much higher completion percentage, but he's got LESS TD's, MORE PICKS, and a worse QB rating. Oh, now you're really convincing me...

Freeman? LOL. Oh man, he has more interceptions than touchdowns (7/10). How's that look compared to Sanchez' 12/6? Give me a break!

So, what have we established? Despite many of them having an extra year, all of these QB's are either playing worse than Sanchez or just about even.

And Sanchez probably has as many playoff wins as all of them put together... but I know that doesn't count to you. So just look at the stats.

I suppose your comeback is going to be, "but he's a pouty loser!" LOL

Nicely stated. You should be his agent.

Dont be surprised if he never makes it back to the AFCCG or when he becomes a backup QB elsewhere when his current contract is up.

Lots of respect for you as a someone who constantly contibutes nicely to the site but I am just not high on this guy at all and I base this on his penchant for staring down his primary reciever, his odd release , fumbles, ints, batted down passes, not seeing the open reciever, etc etc and losing the 2 biggest games of his career.

Nicely stated. You should be his agent.

Dont be surprised if he never makes it back to the AFCCG or when he becomes a backup QB elsewhere when his current contract is up.

Lots of respect for you as a someone who constantly contibutes nicely to the site but I am just not high on this guy at all and I base this on his penchant for staring down his primary reciever, his odd release , fumbles, ints, batted down passes, not seeing the open reciever, etc etc and losing the 2 biggest games of his career.

It's cool, I see the upside with the guy. Sorry if I was harsh. Ultimately, Tom is probably right, it's somewhere in the middle.

Sanchez is about as good as he will ever be. He will NEVER be as good as Fitzpatrick is. Not ever. He is a weak little high strung, melodramatic little inefficient twit. Face facts OP, we are STACKED with great players, and a coach who is in the top 5 in this league in terms of defense. We should be undefeated. If we DO win, it will be in spite of Sanchez, that 50 million dollar twit.

Look at it like this.....Mangold is about to school their rookie DT. Our LBs are going to chrush Fitzpatrick due to the Bills sub-par OL. We will run on their pourous defense. Our only worry is Sanchez, a picture of ineptitude. He sucks SO much that I am having problems writing poems!!!!!

Jets 38-Bills 10

Btw, PLEASE don't take the above as a personal attack on Sanchez. He probably is a nice person when he isn't hitting on teenage girls or old hags. Seriously.

Sanchez is about as good as he will ever be. He will NEVER be as good as Fitzpatrick is. Not ever. He is a weak little high strung, melodramatic little inefficient twit. Face facts OP, we are STACKED with great players, and a coach who is in the top 5 in this league in terms of defense. We should be undefeated. If we DO win, it will be in spite of Sanchez, that 50 million dollar twit.

Look at it like this.....Mangold is about to school their rookie DT. Our LBs are going to chrush Fitzpatrick due to the Bills sub-par OL. We will run on their pourous defense. Our only worry is Sanchez, a picture of ineptitude. He sucks SO much that I am having problems writing poems!!!!!

Jets 38-Bills 10

Btw, PLEASE don't take the above as a personal attack on Sanchez. He probably is a nice person when he isn't hitting on teenage girls or old hags. Seriously.

True poets use anguish as a source of inspiration.

Mark Sanchez should be inspiring you.

Old hags?? Hey 25 year old girls have feelings too ya know.

True poets use anguish as a source of inspiration.

Mark Sanchez should be inspiring you.

Old hags?? Hey 25 year old girls have feelings too ya know.

And, as far as my poetry, I am working hard. I am in my mid fifties, and am an adult student at a local community college. But, I have family members and close frinds who attended the very best colleges, such as Harvard, Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale, and the University of Phoenix on-line.

i don't know that he's been accused of regressing, I think the main point of debate is whether he's progressing fast enough... Imo, he's proven he can be an average QB and not a complete bust, the issue is that his progress doesn't point to him ever being elite atm..

i don't know that he's been accused of regressing, I think the main point of debate is whether he's progressing fast enough... Imo, he's proven he can be an average QB and not a complete bust, the issue is that his progress doesn't point to him ever being elite atm..

Agreed, with the main point being at the moment.

Jets 38-Bills 10

Hey that model he did the GQ shoot wasn't an old hag. It was her giant forehead that was minimally funny.

My Uncle Paul would approve of his teenage girl thing, AND would completely agree that low to mid 20 year old women can be considered old hags. Oh Uncle Paul...

Jets 38-Bills 10

Fitzpatrick = Pennington.

Sanchez > Fitzpatrick.

Jets 38-Bills 10

Who is this freak?

I don't understand the claim that he's regressed. He has improved in almost every statistical category.

Now his completion percentage still SUCKS, and I'm not sure why it's so TERRIBLE, considering the kid never passes further than 20 yards.. but again, he's improved in almost every major category.

Over 70% today, FWIW.

Yeah, Eli mailed this one in. ;)

:biggrin:

That's one of those you just hope nobody notices before you sneak back in and edit it.

Actually I think it goes to the point that maybe we should be a little more thankful and forgiving of Sanchez. Sanchez throws a 1st quarter pick and everyone here wants to cut him and draft his replacement next year even after he follows through with a great game and the win. Eli Manning throws essentially the same pick, comes back and plays solid for the win and we're talking about whether he's elite now.

Archived