Was Pumped To See Jeff Cumberland this Year

TNJet

Man, I hate that Cumberland went down in the preseason, he looked like a real stud in the passing game and a good blocker as well. Mulligan stinks at blocking, and seems to be an overall bonehead on gamedays. He commits stupid penalties each week. That said, do you think Cumberland gets playing time next season? What type of contract is he under??

Man, I hate that Cumberland went down in the preseason, he looked like a real stud in the passing game and a good blocker as well. Mulligan stinks at blocking, and seems to be an overall bonehead on gamedays. He commits stupid penalties each week. That said, do you think Cumberland gets playing time next season? What type of contract is he under??

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6078/jeff-cumberland

4/25/2010: Signed a three-year, $1.217 million contract. The deal included a $2,000 signing bonus. 2011: $405,000, 2012: $490,000, 2013: Restricted Free Agent

He'll be back -- otherwise the Jets would have to absorb almost $700 in dead cap space.

Based on Keller's play, he should be backing up Cumberland. Getting a tough guy TE who can catch and block is definitely a need. Keller will be gone when his contract is up.

if keller goes somewhere else i feel like he gonna be pro bowler easy. I feel like he open many plays and just either is called play to run 5 yards or sanchez doesnt look at him since he 3rd option

it should be noted Cumberland's injury is especially bad for skill position guys. Smart money is he never plays NFL football again. Im not rooting for this outcome but that's kinda what an Achilles tear usually does. It's a major injury and forced Woody into retirement.

Keller is used the wrong way. He need a coordinator that knows how to move him around to create mismatches... and a QB who can throw to him.

Indeed.

I hate Keller because he's an inconsistent underachiever who should be so much better than he is, but Jesus Christ we couldn't even get him the ball matched uo with James ****ing Ihedigbo.

When is the last time Keller outran or broke a tackle? He's only 6'2" and not a good blocker.

He outruns tackles all the time. He rarely, if ever, breaks them. Dude has pretty fantastic speed for the position but seems to be an awkward athlete.

He also hates physical contact.

Indeed.

I hate Keller because he's an inconsistent underachiever who should be so much better than he is, but Jesus Christ we couldn't even get him the ball matched uo with James ****ing Ihedigbo.

Word. I officially agree with TS that he should never be lined up inline again.

Losing Cumberland was HUGE. The way that guy was grabbing everything in sight in preseason we would have had him on the field a lot. As importantly, it would have kept that sh*thooks Mulligan grabbing splinters or better yet practice squad or cut. The kids got a ton of spirit and if anybody can come back from this type of injury - he can.

He's plenty fast for a TE. I think he ran a 4.5 or something. I'm not saying he's great by any stretch, but he is definitely fast.

That may be what he ran at the combine, but I do not see 4.5 speed from him during the game. We can agree to disagree, but he is not anything special in any area of his game.

Archived