Could It Be the Lockout For Young QBs?

SMC

Im not going to debate whether Sanchez sucks, because its pretty clear that he does.

But Freeman, Ryan, Flacco, and Bradford are all having subpar years as well. Stafford came on strong, but has regressed in recent weeks.

If Sanchez was the only young QB sucking I would think he was alone, but with the others Im not so sure.

What do you guys think? Did the lockout hurt these young QBs and that has led to their struggles? Or is it unrelated?

If the jets stick with him that will be one of many excuses (Sanchez needed that year in the program, camp at Florham Park and not having the dorm room bonding, lack of practice time, etc...), but Im not sure if its a big deal or not. Ryans been up and down his career (good rookie year, bd second, good third, bad fourth), Bradford might just suck, Flacco has never been good anytime he was asked to carry the team, etc...Stafford has been decent. Freeman is the one guy to fall pretty badly. But John Skelton is fine in his limited time. Cutler has been fine. Alex Smith is fine.

Im not going to debate whether Sanchez sucks, because its pretty clear that he does.

But Freeman, Ryan, Flacco, and Bradford are all having subpar years as well. Stafford came on strong, but has regressed in recent weeks.

If Sanchez was the only young QB sucking I would think he was alone, but with the others Im not so sure.

What do you guys think? Did the lockout hurt these young QBs and that has led to their struggles? Or is it unrelated?

When you have a lockout and come back to work with Schotty calling the shots, its as if the lockout never ended.

I'm sure that's what we'll hear in the offseason, but I think it's a load of crap. If anything, the start of the year it was clear how much more it affected the defenses than the offenses, now we're supposed to believe it's vastly affected these QBs? Not to mention, 11 weeks into the season they still can't get it together after all of this time? Frankly, I think it's because most of those QBs simply suck a$$. The only one who's put up decent numbers this year is Stafford and he has to be the single most overrated player in the NFL. The guy makes reads worse than even Sanchez, but is lucky enough to watch Calvin Johnson and Brandon Pettigrew bail him out of awful decisions. Never in my life have I seen a QB so often throw into triple coverage. Last weeks game just goes to show you how much he blows when a team is actually able to successfully defend against Johnson.

IMO, Bradford and Freeman are in sophomore slumps. I think that once there is a seasons film on a new QB, DC's break down your tendencies and what you excelled in over the offseason and try to take those things away in year two. Brady struggled in year two. Also, Bradford is learning a totally new offense since Josh McDaniels is now the STL OC.

Flacco isnt that good

Stafford and Ryan are ranked top 10 http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

IMO, Bradford and Freeman are in sophomore slumps. I think that once there is a seasons film on a new QB, DC's break down your tendencies and what you excelled in over the offseason and try to take those things away in year two. Brady struggled in year two. Also, Bradford is learning a totally new offense since Josh McDaniels is now the STL OC.

Flacco isnt that good

Stafford and Ryan are ranked top 10 http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/qb

This is Freeman's 3rd year. He blows just like Sanchez.

As for Flacco he needs more time. He came from Delware which is basiclaly like not playing football until you reach the NFL.

I watched some BC games and thought Ryan was a stud. He hasnt played his best football but I think in the next 5 years he'll be the best guy mentioned in this post.

Archived