Scenarios: OC, Sanchez, New QB

Latinlawyer

Here is the possiblities I think about now:

#1 New OC and you keep Sanchez for the final years of contract BUT you draft a QB in 2nd round to groom in case its really Sanchez who is not up to snuff.

#2 New OC and you trade Sanchez and a 1st round pick to draft a first round qb in 2012.

#3 New OC and you keep sanchez and assume he is the long term answer at QB.

I am thinking no matter what we need to send Schotty home. Promote Callahan. I personally would choose #1.

What do you guys think?

LL

Trade for Manning, let Rex keep his "oh we just have so much in common" OC in place, and this offense will be awesome

Now granted I know Manning is known for making adjustments at the line a lot, but do you really think he's going to want to have to audible out of EVERY play call? I mean, I have no doubt that he would do it and things would be just fine, but that'd have to get annoying after a while. The Jets would just be better off with absolutely no OC at all at that point. Maybe take the batteries out of Schotty's headset?

It's this simple.

Fire Schotty. Trade whatever is necccesscary for Peyton Manning. Promote Tom Moore.

Can you imagine Peyton Manning with our defense? Are you serious? Let's ******* do this. I'm sick of Sanchez's inconsistency, I'm sick of him locking down his receivers, I'm sick of him giving Tom Brady and extra 30 seconds in the two-minute warning, I'm sick of him throwing a pick to Byrd on the 8 yard line, I'm sick of him throwing in double coverage. This defense has been bailing him out for three ******* years, and it's time to get a QB who can bail out the defense for a change.

The Pats game was on him. Our defense did great in the 1st half against the Pats but we failed to score and take the lead. Tom Brady and BB figured somethings out and totally dismantled us.

You guys know it and so do I. Sanchez CANNOT take this team to the Super Bowl. You guys think he's in the same class as Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady? I put him in the same class as Tavaris Jackson and Rex Grossman. That's exactly who he reminds me of in fact, Rex Grossman.

Trade for Manning before it's too late.

It's this simple.

Fire Schotty. Trade whatever is necccesscary for Peyton Manning. Promote Tom Moore.

Can you imagine Peyton Manning with our defense? Are you serious? Let's ******* do this. I'm sick of Sanchez's inconsistency, I'm sick of him locking down his receivers, I'm sick of him giving Tom Brady and extra 30 seconds in the two-minute warning, I'm sick of him throwing a pick to Byrd on the 8 yard line, I'm sick of him throwing in double coverage. This defense has been bailing him out for three ******* years, and it's time to get a QB who can bail out the defense for a change.

The Pats game was on him. Our defense did great in the 1st half against the Pats but we failed to score and take the lead. Tom Brady and BB figured somethings out and totally dismantled us.

You guys know it and so do I. Sanchez CANNOT take this team to the Super Bowl. You guys think he's in the same class as Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady? I put him in the same class as Tavaris Jackson and Rex Grossman. That's exactly who he reminds me of in fact, Rex Grossman.

Trade for Manning before it's too late.

I absolutely would want Manning here. Give him the play book and he will run the offense no problem like he did at Indy....with our defense....we would be instant favorites. I hope Tanny is listening and reading these threads...something tells me he is.

I absolutely would want Manning here. Give him the play book and he will run the offense no problem like he did at Indy....with our defense....we would be instant favorites. I hope Tanny is listening and reading these threads...something tells me he is.

Manning never had half the ******* defense we did, but he made them look so great because he would keep them rested all the time. He manages the playbook, players, the clock, offensive line. Absolutely everything. He's the coach on the field.

We need him. Sanchez is NOT the guy. You just know that it's not him. He caused us our ******* season.

I would like to see the jet beef up the O Line in the Draft and free agency. There are a lot of free agents this year and this will help our running game and pass protection. No QB will be successfull with this O Line i don't care who you are. The QB class this yr is weak and the O Line class is deep. I just love this Weeden Kid he is 28 and is very confident in his throws and has had to come from behind a few times this yr to show his metal.

Manning never had half the ******* defense we did, but he made them look so great because he would keep them rested all the time. He manages the playbook, players, the clock, offensive line. Absolutely everything. He's the coach on the field.

We need him. Sanchez is NOT the guy. You just know that it's not him. He caused us our ******* season.

Agreed

Here is the possiblities I think about now:

#1 New OC and you keep Sanchez for the final years of contract BUT you draft a QB in 2nd round to groom in case its really Sanchez who is not up to snuff.

#2 New OC and you trade Sanchez and a 1st round pick to draft a first round qb in 2012.

#3 New OC and you keep sanchez and assume he is the long term answer at QB.

I am thinking no matter what we need to send Schotty home. Promote Callahan. I personally would choose #1.

What do you guys think?

LL

Why does everyone think Callahan is the answer? He's not. He's never been an OC in the NFL... an actual OC anyway. He was OL coach in Oakland and went right to HC when they traded away Gruden. He went to Nebraska as the head man and did nothing.

I don't think I'd do any of those options. I'd fire Schottenheimer. I don;'t need to draft a 2nd round QB though. I'd look into dealing for another QB,

Archived