Aaron Maybin

Obrien2Toon

As pointed out by another poster above, his 40 time really isn't that impressive. Out of the 3 point stance he is like shot out of a cannon.

To me, that is the strangest thing. He seems best coming out of a 3 point stance which probably isn't best for a guy so light. It would probably be better if he were a stand up rush end type - the old LT/Ricky Jackson style that could be moved around. He seems to get off way faster in a 3 point stance and staying low and dipping his shoulder to beat the tackle is by far his #1 technique.

There is a difference between forcing a QB to throw on the run - which they all do bad - and giving QBs an easy lane to run for a first down. It isn't running for you life because Maybin isn't chasing them. He is locked up with a tackle behind and around the pocket. It doesn't necessarily flush the QB. The sh*t I give is that while he is good at what he does, if he were capable of a few other things he would be useful on downs other than 3rd or 4th and 7+ yards or with more than 2 minutes left up a TD. The fact is there are things that McIntyre and Westerman do considerably better than him and neither of them has looked even decent so far.

Gotcha. Sure. I can see that as a problem. I guess I'm just thinking in those situations...you've probably got a LBer playing the middle of the field any way so there still isnt a bunch of QB's who make that play instinctively.

Either way, what ever he's providing...I'll take it.

Gotcha. Sure. I can see that as a problem. I guess I'm just thinking in those situations...you've probably got a LBer playing the middle of the field any way so there still isnt a bunch of QB's who make that play instinctively.

Either way, what ever he's providing...I'll take it.

RIght. We're all happy with his production. I am talking about him taking the next step. That isn't the step to being the 11 overall or an every down player. It isn't even to being a rotation OLB. It's the step to being more versatile and having more use in the defense. You would expect that with another camp and the ability to add some weight can only help, but we've expected plenty of things that haven't happened so we'll see.

I live in Rochester, New York and as such, I am subjected to a ton of commentary from Bill's fans and area sportscasters. Today, they were giving Maybin grief because he was "unsportsmanlike" in his sack celebrations. Am I the only person that really didn't see anything that bad?

Maybin's very mouthy on the field. Yesterday that helped the Jets. Drew 2 big penalties. He's sure not going to be very popular in Buffalo today.

He came within a quarter second of putting the game on ice on the ball that Johnson dropped. He hit Fitzpatrick just as he released the ball from behind. Next play Fitzpatrick misses a wide open Johnson in the back of the endzone. Was he thinking about the previous play?

Who knows. Maybe

I agree

Rex just said in his presser that Maybin had 2 sacks, and 6 QB hits in 15 snaps. You can't ask a player for much more then that

Wow... crap on the guys versatility all you want, but that's just plain impressive. And it's certainly not like the Bills have struggled in pass protection this season.

I live in Rochester, New York and as such, I am subjected to a ton of commentary from Bill's fans and area sportscasters. Today, they were giving Maybin grief because he was "unsportsmanlike" in his sack celebrations. Am I the only person that really didn't see anything that bad?

he yelled at the bills sideline, but they are just trying to drag him into the stevie johnson thing and trying to forget they gave fitzpatrick like $55 million

It's not actually his speed that's a strength, in that Gholston was actually faster than him. But Maybin's initial burst, fluid hips, and closing speed is his true asset. His pro workouts coming into the league highlights that. He was excellent in the 1st 10 yds of his 40 and 3 cones, but meh in overall 40.

That's why he looks good in the tight area around the QB. He has the initial burst, can change direction, and accelerate again.

I don't think this is true. I remember Gholston running around 4.65 at the combine. I've seen some places say that he ran in the 4.5s, but there are always different times quoted. I remember be disappointed in his time. Maybin only ran something in the 4.7s at the combine, but he had just put on 25 pounds or so in a couple of months. At his pro day he was well into the mid-4.5s. I think Maybin is faster than Gholston and just timed poorly at the combine. He certainly plays faster.

On one sackof at least he turned towards the bills bench and was pretty vocal. That"s probably what they are referring to.

Perhaps Max/PS should be relieved of command of this ship. Seems to be having a major identify crisis.

Who's next in the chain of command? Klecko?

Klacko can't manage eating a rack of ribs without ending up with a shirt full of BBQ sauce. How is he going to manage the greatest Jets site on the web?

Maybe Maybin could return punts and kickoffs. Couldn't be any worse than what we have..

???? Kickoffs?

The Jets kickoff return has been one of their strengths this season. Cromartie fumbled a punt, but he is the 3rd (at best) punt returner. Kerley was inactive (injured) and Leonhard apparently had the wind knocked out of him before that punt. I think McKnight has fumbled, but I think that was as a punt returner and running back, not a kick returner.

???? Kickoffs?

The Jets kickoff return has been one of their strengths this season. Cromartie fumbled a punt, but he is the 3rd (at best) punt returner. Kerley was inactive (injured) and Leonhard apparently had the wind knocked out of him before that punt. I think McKnight has fumbled, but I think that was as a punt returner and running back, not a kick returner.

I agree with you, but I think Cro also fumbled a kickoff against Oakland that led to a score.

I agree with you, but I think Cro also fumbled a kickoff against Oakland that led to a score.

Ah yeah. I may have blocked that from my mind. Cro is all homerun or strikeout. Exactly what we didn't need in that situation against the Bills. I think they were avoiding McKnight because of his prior fumble and the fact that he was #2 RB and possibly #1 with Greene dinged up.

Archived