Mark Sanchez MY QB!!!!

Schmidt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats are meaningless in the NFL. They dont show who is good or bad. Stats can be used to prove anything, 14% of the people know that.

Eyes tell the story. He is mediocre with flashes of brillance. Hopefully with better coaching he can be more than that...

Must be why they don't keep OC stats.

Namath is a big mouth with little talent? Obviously you have never seen Namath play.

As for Sanchez, the kid takes all the heat in stride, even when I see our OC run 5 yard slants when we need 15 yards for a 1st down. The kid takes all the heat, when we have a patched up OL thats not the same from 2009 nor 2010. The kid takes all the heat when our ground and pound is almost a faint memory.

Give the kid a little more respect and allow him to work through this....we are 7-5.

Nope, I saw the grainy footage. He sucks.

OC can run 5 yard slants all day at inappropriate times... Sanchez still doesn't complete them. So you = wrong.

"respect"? LOL. Stop kidding yourself. This isn't about respect or disrespect. And to insinuate he deserves any in the first place is laughable. AND if you were right, which you aren't, he's had three years.

7-5 keeps you content? Sounds good buddy. Enjoy that expired milk and the mediocrity.

Nope, I saw the grainy footage. He sucks.

OC can run 5 yard slants all day at inappropriate times... Sanchez still doesn't complete them. So you = wrong.

"respect"? LOL. Stop kidding yourself. This isn't about respect or disrespect. And to insinuate he deserves any in the first place is laughable. AND if you were right, which you aren't, he's had three years.

7-5 keeps you content? Sounds good buddy. Enjoy that expired milk and the mediocrity.

I knew you didnt see him, hence your ignorant statement about Namath...No Jet fan is happy with 7-5, but there are reasons why we are 7-5 and its not all on the kid Sanchez...3 years as an NFL QB...You have no idea.

I knew you didnt see him, hence your ignorant statement about Namath...No Jet fan is happy with 7-5, but there are reasons why we are 7-5 and its not all on the kid Sanchez...3 years as an NFL QB...You have no idea.

Where does it say I didn't see him play? Sorry old timer, your reading comprehension needs work. Yup, I have no clue about being an NFL quarterback, as I am sure you don't either.

Hey Sperm Edwards your quote

I give him full credit for that TD pass, because it was absolutely 100% perfect. But our supposed non-playmaker (if you read enough posts here) Holmes made the play possible with his fake move towards the post that created the separation in the first place. Sanchez stared him down hard from the moment the ball was snapped and never looked away for so much as a tenth of a second.

Sanchez "stared him down"...it was a sluggo route! That means you run a slant in with the pump fake by the QB and then a flag route off of that. The QB looks at the receiver and pump fakes and lofts the ball over the defense.

I give him full credit for that TD pass, because it was absolutely 100% perfect. But our supposed non-playmaker (if you read enough posts here) Holmes made the play possible with his fake move towards the post that created the separation in the first place. Sanchez stared him down hard from the moment the ball was snapped and never looked away for so much as a tenth of a second.

this was more of the chad pennington lull them to sleep variety, the CB jumped the slant because sanchez throws short 99% of time, and overthrows the other 1%.. if he keeps it up, smash will be telling everyone what a great downfield passer he is and quoting his QBR

this was more of the chad pennington lull them to sleep variety, the CB jumped the slant because sanchez throws short 99% of time, and overthrows the other 1%.. if he keeps it up, smash will be telling everyone what a great downfield passer he is and quoting his QBR

The criticize anything positive is actually a pretty easy game to play, isn't it.

Its the qB--it's not the QB...blah balh blah. I wanted to love Mark Sanchez. I still want to. But as a season ticket holder fifteen rows from the field I can tell you someting analysts and pundits and stats and talking heads can't. I see all 11 players on every play. I also get to see opposing quaterbacks' performances so that I have a yardstick to guage by. Mark Sanchez consistently makes very poor decisions. And that doesn't just mean he throws pick 6's. He will hold the ball when he should let it go (he pats the thing a ton like Richard Todd used to), he will throw to the covered receiver whn he has a second or third read wide open, he will throw late causing his WR's to actually lose any separation gained coming in and out of breaks, he will throw it up when he should throw it away or take a sack. The common issue with all of this is speed. The game is too fast for him right now. Maybe it always will be. But he is most successful when he is buying time, scrambling and sprinting out. His quick in-the-pocket throws are often terrible.

The criticize anything positive is actually a pretty easy game to play, isn't it.

actually i was giving the play caller kudos, he's part of the team too ya know. He might not inspire you to proudly wear his name on your back, but a member of the team just the same.

Boomer Esiason just pointed out that in the history of the NFL only 5 QB's have won 30 games in their first three years. Otto Graham, Dan Marino, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and yes our very own Mark Sanchez. Not bad company and I might add (if I am not mistaken) the only one of the group who won four playoff games his first two years.

No QB is perfect and Mark certainly has his flaws but he is a winner.

Mark Sanchez went 8-7 year 1, 11-5 year 2. and is currently 7-5, by my count thats 26 wins, plus the playoffs 4 wins that's 30 wins.

I know its not your list not killing you here, but someone missed something in this stat. Big Ben was 13-0 year 1, 9-3 in year 2, and 7-8 year 3, thats 29 wins, in years 1 and 2 he went 5-1 in the playoffs that puts him at 34 wins, weird they missed that.

Archived