Giants start picking on Revis

lancemehl

The GIants are planning a Christmas Eve trip to Revis Island. In fact, they plan on traveling there a lot.

Darrelle Revis might be widely acknowledged as the best cornerback in the NFL, but the Giants’ receivers said they won’t be afraid of attacking the player Hakeem Nicks only described as “decent.” From what Big Blue’s wideouts have seen, teams have been throwing at the Jets’ top defensive player more than ever this season.

So they’ll be sending their explosive passing attack in Revis’ direction, too.

“Teams aren’t really scared (of him) anymore,” Giants receiver Victor Cruz said on Wednesday. “He’s got to earn his money this year. Teams aren’t really backing down.

“I feel like we’re going to do the same thing. We’re going to go out (and) until he physically stops us, we’re going to throw the ball on him.”

What games are these guys watching? lmao

That's like 1998 saying, "I think left-handed hitters have figured Mariano out. He just doesnt dominate anymore." haha have fun cruz.

I wouldn't be so sure. While Revis has still been very good, each week guys are getting completions on him as of late. He's not getting beaten badly, but compared to what we've seen and come to expect from Revis, it's been sub par. Call it being greedy.

I wouldn't be so sure. While Revis has still been very good, each week guys are getting completions on him as of late. He's not getting beaten badly, but compared to what we've seen and come to expect from Revis, it's been sub par. Call it being greedy.

I think thats due to the zones Rex has been playing often. Can't think of a play one-on-one that he got beat on.

To be fair. I think a lot of that is dictated by scheme. Revis has been seeming to give up a lot of underneath stuff this year but I'm pretty sure that is by design as it always seems like he's giving these routes up to receivers who are usually their team's home run hitters.

This may be one of those games though where you see Rex turn Revis loose and just completely shut down a guy, just to do it. I think it'll be Nicks. Cruz and Ballard are gonna have a nice game

Ballard hasn't practiced this week. Looks like Bear Pascoe will be the tight end. At least our safeties should be able to keep up with him.

Can you imagine Smith tripping and falling, then this guy tripping over him? Or vice-versa. Either way, that's what I'm pulling for most on Saturday.

That would be both hilarious and make it the best game of Smith's career. Unfortunately, he's usually nowhere near the guy he's supposed to be covering when he trips and falls, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Archived