so the VaGiants don't talk s**t huh?

Jetfan13

Pierre-Paul guarantees Giants win over Packers

After dominating the Atlanta Falcons 24-2 on Sunday there was no shortage of confidence on the New York Giants.

“We’re going to win,’’ Jason Pierre-Paul said according to Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “One hundred percent we’re going to win ... because we’re the best.’’

“They’re a good team. I think we have a very capable defense. It’s gonna be a very, very good game,’’ Osi Umenyiora said. “We’re not going to go down there and lay down, we’re going to go down there and fight.’’

“We feel as tough as any NFL team in the league,’’ Bradshaw said.

That toughness will surely be challenged this weekend. The early forecast in Green Bay for Sunday is 21 degrees and a possibility of snow.

“That’s tropical’’ said Justin Tuck, thinking back on the frigid minus-23 degrees the Giants overcame in the 2007 NFC title game.

“I don’t think they think ‘The Giants are coming to kill us’ or anything like that,’’ Umenyiora said. “They’re probably thinking they’re going to win again and if I was them I’d be thinking the same thing. Hopefully we go out there and have a chance to shock the world.’’

Well it's been this way for 3 years now, and the Jets get more sh*t because their head coach is the one who talks crap, which is very uncommon in the NFL, and has a tendency to rub people the wrong way more than when players do it. The Giants players talk far more than the Jets players do, especially these days now that Scott has gotten far more quiet. Not to mention, they do a hell of a lot more talking about their opponents than the Jets ever have. That said, I don't think there's an issue with a lot of that, I think what Osi said is all very fair and what you'd expect a player in his position to say, but JPP is a freakin' moron who joins Jacobs and Tuck on the Giants' list of mouthy douches.

I also find it hilarious that since their game yesterday the media is drawing to draw any connection whatsoever between this game and their NFC Championship game 4 years ago. These 2 teams could not possibly be more different now than they were then, there is literally zero connection that can be made between those two games.

Well it's been this way for 3 years now, and the Jets get more sh*t because their head coach is the one who talks crap, which is very uncommon in the NFL, and has a tendency to rub people the wrong way more than when players do it. The Giants players talk far more than the Jets players do, especially these days now that Scott has gotten far more quiet. Not to mention, they do a hell of a lot more talking about their opponents than the Jets ever have. That said, I don't think there's an issue with a lot of that, I think what Osi said is all very fair and what you'd expect a player in his position to say, but JPP is a freakin' moron who joins Jacobs and Tuck on the Giants' list of mouthy douches.

I also find it hilarious that since their game yesterday the media is drawing to draw any connection whatsoever between this game and their NFC Championship game 4 years ago. These 2 teams could not possibly be more different now than they were then, there is literally zero connection that can be made between those two games.

This this and all of this.

As per Mike Lupica, the Giants are all wonderful human beings who interrupt their daily shifts at the soup kitchen, the leper colony and novenas to grace us with occasional footbal.l games. Would again note that the Jints won all of 9 games and were actually outscored over the regular season.

What has Coughlin said. That is the difference. Players usually talk, some more than others. Does not matter which team.

Coaches usually take the high road and say nothing. Coughlin has not guaranteed a win, neither has McCarthy. Would Rex be this quiet? Absolutely not.

JPP "guarantees a victory". While a bit bold, should he guarantee a loss. Osi is a bit more diplomatic- we will "fight".

Stop the comparisons between Jets and Giants. Players will always talk; the difference is the personality and demeanor of the coaches. Coughlin is professional while Rex really is not.

What has Coughlin said. That is the difference. Players usually talk, some more than others. Does not matter which team.

Coaches usually take the high road and say nothing. Coughlin has not guaranteed a win, neither has McCarthy. Would Rex be this quiet? Absolutely not.

JPP "guarantees a victory". While a bit bold, should he guarantee a loss. Osi is a bit more diplomatic- we will "fight".

Stop the comparisons between Jets and Giants. Players will always talk; the difference is the personality and demeanor of the coaches. Coughlin is professional while Rex really is not.

In a way, kinda makes the more important point; the talking no matter who does it means nothing. It's media-driven nonsense. All that ultimately matters is what happens on the field. Which is why pretending any plauyer or even a coach is a saint or a sinner based on talk is foolishness.

The bigger problem for the Jets is a HC who a. may have a foolish antiquated idea about NFL offenses or b. may not care all that much about offense or both. That he happens to be a big mouth is a question of style not substance.

After dominating the Atlanta Falcons 24-2 on Sunday there was no shortage of confidence on the New York Giants.

“We’re going to win,’’ Jason Pierre-Paul said according to Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “One hundred percent we’re going to win ... because we’re the best.’’

“They’re a good team. I think we have a very capable defense. It’s gonna be a very, very good game,’’ Osi Umenyiora said. “We’re not going to go down there and lay down, we’re going to go down there and fight.’’

That toughness will surely be challenged this weekend. The early forecast in Green Bay for Sunday is 21 degrees and a possibility of snow.

“That’s tropical’’ said Justin Tuck, thinking back on the frigid minus-23 degrees the Giants overcame in the 2007 NFC title game.

“I don’t think they think ‘The Giants are coming to kill us’ or anything like that,’’ Umenyiora said. “They’re probably thinking they’re going to win again and if I was them I’d be thinking the same thing. Hopefully we go out there and have a chance to shock the world.’’

Where's the "sh*t" talk? - well, besides what Pierre Paul said...and really, that's just boastful, over-confident stupidity

Who cares...these guys suck and they will prove it saturday against the Pack.

Who cares...these guys suck and they will prove it saturday against the Pack.

First, Saturday is the walk-through, so they can suck and it won't matter. Sunday is the game.

Second, this team that "sucks" kicked the Jets' a$$ up and down the field. I really don't think the Giants suck. May not be the best team in the NFL, but they are still playing.

First, Saturday is the walk-through, so they can suck and it won't matter. Sunday is the game.

Second, this team that "sucks" kicked the Jets' a$$ up and down the field. I really don't think the Giants suck. May not be the best team in the NFL, but they are still playing.

Hate to break it to you, but that's really not evidence that they don't suck. The Giants are really not that good of a team at all. They pulled out one victory over another far from great playoff game in the playoffs, in part thanks to the idiotic home playoff rules of the NFL. The thing I found most hilarious was the Giants fans I was watching the games with on Sunday talking about how unfair it was that the Steelers had to go on the road to the Broncos despite their better record. When I reminded them that by that same logic the Giants should have been on the road to the Falcons, they suddenly dropped the subject.

Hate to break it to you, but that's really not evidence that they don't suck. The Giants are really not that good of a team at all. They pulled out one victory over another far from great playoff game in the playoffs, in part thanks to the idiotic home playoff rules of the NFL. The thing I found most hilarious was the Giants fans I was watching the games with on Sunday talking about how unfair it was that the Steelers had to go on the road to the Broncos despite their better record. When I reminded them that by that same logic the Giants should have been on the road to the Falcons, they suddenly dropped the subject.

Well, the Giants are still playing. They have won four of last five, and soundly beat the Jets, Cowboys and Falcons along the way. As I said, they are not the best team in the league, but they are playing well, Eli is among the best QBs in the league and the defense is finally healthy and playing to their ability.

'Sucks' is something I would save for the Rams or Bucs, but not for the Giants. Using your criteria, I guess the Broncos suck too. The Giants did win 9 games, so I would not say they suck. Not great, maybe good, but don't suck.

Well, the Giants are still playing. They have won four of last five, and soundly beat the Jets, Cowboys and Falcons along the way. As I said, they are not the best team in the league, but they are playing well, Eli is among the best QBs in the league and the defense is finally healthy and playing to their ability.

'Sucks' is something I would save for the Rams or Bucs, but not for the Giants. Using your criteria, I guess the Broncos suck too. The Giants did win 9 games, so I would not say they suck. Not great, maybe good, but don't suck.

I wasn't even arguing the Giants suck, I just don't think they're all that good either. My only real point was kicking the Jets a$$ does not mean a team doesn't suck. :-P

Well, we will all find out on sunday just how good (or bad) the Giants are.

You have to admit they are playing good football, their pass rush is stronger than it has been all season, and El continues to play at a high level. Can they beat the Packers? I think they have a punchers chance, but tough team and tough place to win.

No dude they suck the big one.......and they kicked our a$$? up and down the field...what game were you watching????

Well, we will all find out on sunday just how good (or bad) the Giants are.

You have to admit they are playing good football, their pass rush is stronger than it has been all season, and El continues to play at a high level. Can they beat the Packers? I think they have a punchers chance, but tough team and tough place to win.

I think your a Giants fan dude.....

I think your a Giants fan dude.....

I am a NY fan and a huge football fan. Yes, I route for the Giants. I also route for the Packers when they are not playing a NY team.

I am just amazed how much hate there is for a team from New York. I guess the stronger the hate, the higher the admiration, because I do not see any other reason for so much hostility towards another team from the same city.

I am a NY fan and a huge football fan. Yes, I route for the Giants. I also route for the Packers when they are not playing a NY team.

I am just amazed how much hate there is for a team from New York. I guess the stronger the hate, the higher the admiration, because I do not see any other reason for so much hostility towards another team from the same city.

I can't imagine a true Jets fan rooting for the Giants, thats like being a true Yankee Fan and rooting for the Mets...doesn't work in my book...but what do I know.

That 99 yard catch and run turned the whole game around-the Jets were in control- Oh well. Come on Aaron and pack

Yes, the Giants couldn't do crap and Eli looked like he was 15 years old back there......what a joke......

That 99 yard catch and run turned the whole game around-the Jets were in control- Oh well. Come on Aaron and pack

Reminded me of the 72 yard TD late in the 3rd quarter last weekend that the Giants pulled out of their arses. In no way am I saying the Falcons would have won but a 10-2 game became a 17-2 game in about 30 seconds.

root* :D

Archived