Santonio will be back next year right?

19andOhWait

Thoughts on the report below friends?

The Jets can avoid a $15 million guarantee on Santonio Holmes' contract by releasing him by February 8. Holmes is already guaranteed $7.75 million for 2012, and owner Woody Johnson has stated unequivocally that his No. 1 receiver will be back with the Jets for next season. That sentiment will be put to the test next week with the opportunity to back away from a long-term commitment to a locker-room cancer.

Source: ESPN New York

Feb 2 - 3:48 PM

There is no way hey actually gets cut........ right???

why would they cut the best WR on the team and one of the best WRs in the NFL? The reason for the end of season discontent and issues involving Holmes left the building and is ruining the Rams offense as we speak.

Looking forward to both Tone and Plax back next season and being allowed to play in an offense that suits them and their quarterback, not the predictable Son of Martyball version we've been living with for 6 seasons

There is almost no chance he gets cut. the jets aren't gonna pay Holmes salary so he can catch touchdowns for another team.

If they cut Holmes, it's because they're 90% convinced that Sanchez is their guy. If they keep Holmes, they're 80% convinced that Sanchez is toast.

where do jets fans rank holmes in terms of wideouts.. does anyone think top 10

Not a Jet's fan, but talent wise? Yeah he's top 10. Dude is scary good.

Attitude wise? he's bottom 5....maybe bottom 3

Theres a reason Pittsburgh got rid of an absolute beast like him for nothing more than a 5th round pick.

why would they cut the best WR on the team and one of the best WRs in the NFL? The reason for the end of season discontent and issues involving Holmes left the building and is ruining the Rams offense as we speak.

Looking forward to both Tone and Plax back next season and being allowed to play in an offense that suits them and their quarterback, not the predictable Son of Martyball version we've been living with for 6 seasons

One of the best WRs in the NFL? That's absolutely hilarious. The guy has made a career off of one game that happened 4 years ago on a different team. If not for the huge financial commitment the Jets idiotically made to him last season, his a$$ would be sent packing, and rightfully so. He's never proven himself to be anything more than a pretty good #2 WR, and a god awful #1, while also being a complete POS as both a teammate and human being.

I hated Schotty as much as anyone, but trying to blame him for any of that is just plain laughable. Let's not forget, there's a reason the Steelers dumped him onto the Jets for almost nothing to begin with, and I think they're a team who's shown a pretty good track record of knowing what they're doing.

Some do, but they're out of their f'n minds. I doubt I'd even rank him top 20 personally, and I said as much prior to this past season. The guy spent his entire career up until this season being a #2 WR, has put together one good season and is living off the glory of one game, and mostly just one catch from that game, for 4 years now. When you combine all of that with his garbage attitude and ridiculous salary, I don't get anyone's infatuation with the guy.

Let's not forget, there's a reason the Steelers dumped him onto the Jets for almost nothing to begin with, and I think they're a team who's shown a pretty good track record of knowing what they're doing.

And they've also never been averse to keeping a high-maintenance psychopath on the roster, either. Holmes must have been a total POS there.

in no particular order

Andre

Calvin

Larry Fitz

Roddy White

Hakeem Nicks

Greg jennings

Mike Wallace

Brandon Marshall(when he wants to be)

Vjackson

Reggie wayne

Dwayne Bowe

Stevie Johnson

i believe they are all better than holmes

Your last 3 are laughable.

Seriously if we're talking talent wise Holmes is top 10.

Ill concede the first part of the list but c'mon dude, if Holmes gets his douche-bag personality in order he's a serious threat.

Top 10? You gotta be kidding. Top 30? Maybe.

Everyone that keeps saying Holmes is so talented, what are you talking about???? He's nothing special really. Need I remind you he's had only one 1,000 yard season in his entire career. What has he done besides that SB catch?

Your last 3 are laughable.

Seriously if we're talking talent wise Holmes is top 10.

Ill concede the first part of the list but c'mon dude, if Holmes gets his douche-bag personality in order he's a serious threat.

Since when has Holmes ever actually performed up to this alleged talent level though? The guy has one 1,000 yard season to his name, spent his entire career up until this season as a #2 and was a colossal disaster in his first year as a #1. Holmes has gotten way past the point of his career where "potential" and "ability" mean a damn thing anymore, and it's all about production, judging by which there is little to no reason to classify him as top 10.

I would gladly send you our #1 pick this year AND Holmes for Cruz OR Nicks, your choice.

Hah! Nice try. I'd give you my first born before I'd give you Nicks.

I'm not taking anything away from Cruz, believe me. But regardless of all the talent the guy has he fits absolutely PERFECTLY into the scheme he's in and the QB who's throwing to him. Don't think he'd be all that special on a lot of other teams FWIW.

how exactly is reggie wayne laughable.. and even stevie and bowe isnt that ridiculous

He isn't laughable, no one there is. My point is that to say Reggie or Bowe's talent levels are above Holmes is laughable.

Stevie maybe, but again the argument against Holmes is that he had "1 good season", so you can't put Stevie above holmes for the same reason.

What's with all the Giant Douch B's infesting the site? Do they not have their own site to go to and gloat and talk about their "Superiority".

Instead of all the back handed complements. Glad when this weeks over and back to the Jets Superbowl known as the off season.

my friend is a jets fan and he told me about this site, i came here before the jets giants game just looking around reading up on some of your guys thoughts, i thought this was a nice little site that had some good jets fans that have good discussions.. i havent gloated at all and i havent talked any trash.. so why am i a douche

my friend is a jets fan and he told me about this

site, i came here before the jets giants game just looking around reading up on some of your guys thoughts, i thought this was a nice little site that had some good jets fans that have good

discussions.. i havent gloated at all and i havent talked any trash.. so why am i a douche

Now you've had a look round this "nice little site"

I'm sure there is a lot of Super Bowl build to to talk about at a "Giant site".

Although in answer to your question my comments are an observation, and not a aimed at you per say. Since it's rare to see a Giants fan here. Your not the only "Big Blue" fan on this site at the moment.

Now you've had a look round this "nice little site"

I'm sure there is a lot of Super Bowl build to to talk about at a "Giant site".

Although in answer to your question my comments are an observation, and not a aimed at you per say. Since it's rare to see a Giants fan here. Your not the only "Big Blue" fan on this site at the moment.

i do go on a giants forum but i like this one to.. there are some good topics..whats so wrong about that

holmes best 2 seasons

2009- 79 catches 1248 yards 5tds

2007- 52 catches 942 yards 8tds

stevie johnson

2010- 82 catches 1073 yards 10tds

2011- 76 catches 1004 yards 7tds

Dwayne bowe

2010-72 catches 1162 yards 15tds

2011- 81 catches 1159 yards 5tds

For a number of years Holmes had Ward lined up on the other side getting the majority of looks...

Johnson and Bowe had who?

Archived