Superbowl III

GATA

got a VHS tape of this one sometime in the early 90s --- finally got to watch the game for the first time then, having missed the original showing while vacationing at Camp Anari in Pleiku City, VN with the Fourth Infantry Division.

loved watching the whole thing including the cig commercials too

with VHS probably disappearing from the face of the earth in a few years (months??) I bought a DVD-R recorder and transferred it to DVD

doesn't make it any more HD than the VHS edition but it's a keeper so why not keep it

sg3 Thanks I don't know hony realize where you were "vacationing"! I made a few trips into Pleiku, PhuCat, and PhamRang to drop off some Sun Umbrellas and Beach Chairs :). I had season tickets at Shea but I too was vacationing in SEA was stationed at Clark AB in the PI but flew in country and was stationed at another vacation spot called DaNang :) Loved listening to Armed Forces Radio and hearing the Jets beat the 18 point favorite Colts! Snell was a BEAST !!!

Thank you for having SB lll pinned here. I loved that game and loved the guts of the entire Jets team. So many critics and pundits gave them no chance of winning at all. Broadway Joe, Snell, Philbin, Sample, Beverly , Lammons, Rasmussen and the whole Jets team happened to feel differently. They worked hard not to get too overconfident! They knew that they would beat the big, nasty team from the NFL.

sg3 Thanks I don't know hony realize where you were "vacationing"! I made a few trips into Pleiku, PhuCat, and PhamRang to drop off some Sun Umbrellas and Beach Chairs :). I had season tickets at Shea but I too was vacationing in SEA was stationed at Clark AB in the PI but flew in country and was stationed at another vacation spot called DaNang :) Loved listening to Armed Forces Radio and hearing the Jets beat the 18 point favorite Colts! Snell was a BEAST !!!

and great that we both got back in one piece

pretty much why I laugh at the SOJF crowd proclaiming that an 8-8 football season is the "end of the world" "rock bottom" etc....

We both lived through rock bottom and no just how ridiculous such comparisons are

• 2 weeks later...

and great that we both got back in one piece

pretty much why I laugh at the SOJF crowd proclaiming that an 8-8 football season is the "end of the world" "rock bottom" etc....

We both lived through rock bottom and no just how ridiculous such comparisons are

Yes, and for some rock bottom was doing business while the fires where burning all around you in 1991 in Kuwait.

Was there live, greatest memory of my life (sorry honey). I have the game on DVR, love the crappy graphics and Curt Gowdy's play by play.

Jet Fan 13 (1) .... Me (0)

Archived