RB Richardson just dropped into out lap

BornJetsFan1983

Bengals have 2 1st round picks, a RB who is leaving in Benson, a up and coming QB, and stud WR with a very good O-line, I would be shocked if they didn't come out of the 1st round without either Richardson (by trading up) or the Miami kid. Also some have Seattle linked due to Lynch leaving, also heard KC could be interested depending on Charles' injury progress, and also heard TB could take him at 5.

I really hope the Jets steer clear of him, why? Name me the last Adrian Peterson type of talent that was drafted as the 1st RB in the draft that was a huge reason why a team won a SB? Exactly we have to many holes in more important positions, just keep drafting a RB in rounds 3-5 every year you will hit just as often as you will by drafting one in the 1st.

Jamal Lewis over a decade ago for the Ravens.

Which game was his "one good game in the playoffs"? Was it the 135 against the Bengals or the 128 against the Chargers? Maybe the 4.75 HOF vs. The Pats with the dagger TD? The kid averaged 4.3 for over 1,000 last year with a regressing QB and poor line play. He comes cheap, so let's cut him! He isn't carrying the team, but he's not the problem either.

yeah he really carried us didnt he, crazy man...the line made him look good and he was fresh not have being used all year, the only way that boy can run is if everyone else is tired and cromartie is the only trying to tackle...unfortunately for him this year he had to play when everyone started and cromartie was on our team so the only tackles he ever broke were in Practice, you know what? you're crazy, green sucks. Thats a fact jack and you can go to the bank with it...BAM

Considering Sparano will want to/have to run the ball 600 times next year, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in two more backs. Richardson makes sense, but I'm not a fan of investing a high pick in a guy who runs to contact and doesn't have great size. IMO, Richardson's running style is going land him on the injury list more weeks than not.

yeah he really carried us didnt he, crazy man...the line made him look good and he was fresh not have being used all year, the only way that boy can run is if everyone else is tired and cromartie is the only trying to tackle...unfortunately for him this year he had to play when everyone started and cromartie was on our team so the only tackles he ever broke were in Practice, you know what? you're crazy, green sucks. Thats a fact jack and you can go to the bank with it...BAM

BAM? Ugh. I hate dealing with this kind of mindless bullsh*t, but did you read my post? I said he didn't carry us. Was Cromartie trying to tackle him when he dropped 135 on the Bengals or while Cro was on the Jets against the Pats in '10? OTOH, you said we haven't had a good back since Thomas Jones who allegedly had "speed and power" which means you don't like numbers or using your eyes. Greene had 1,000 yards in 2011. That's not a huge number now, but it's a decent number of yards to get a reasonable sample size. Greene got that 1,000 yards 4.2 at a time. Considering that one of the main complaints is he didn't have any breakaway carries, he was certainly MORE consistent than Jones. 4.2 ypc is better than Jones averaged here and even better than the hallowed Curtis Martin. The team did NOT establish the run this past season and IMO that is why they got Sparano and dumped Schottenheimer ( not because he "ruined Sanchez" as some people claim wink, wink bam!) Why can we blame Schottenheimer for misusing Sanchez and keeping Mark down, but think that Greene who has actually produced and on a big stage can't boune back with with a big year? We will probably need more backs for Sparano's system, but cutting Greene or saying he sucks is beyond moronic. I guess I should expect nothing less.

BAM? Ugh. I hate dealing with this kind of mindless bullsh*t, but did you read my post? I said he didn't carry us. Was Cromartie trying to tackle him when he dropped 135 on the Bengals or while Cro was on the Jets against the Pats in '10? OTOH, you said we haven't had a good back since Thomas Jones who allegedly had "speed and power" which means you don't like numbers or using your eyes. Greene had 1,000 yards in 2011. That's not a huge number now, but it's a decent number of yards to get a reasonable sample size. Greene got that 1,000 yards 4.2 at a time. Considering that one of the main complaints is he didn't have any breakaway carries, he was certainly MORE consistent than Jones. 4.2 ypc is better than Jones averaged here and even better than the hallowed Curtis Martin. The team did NOT establish the run this past season and IMO that is why they got Sparano and dumped Schottenheimer ( not because he "ruined Sanchez" as some people claim wink, wink bam!) Why can we blame Schottenheimer for misusing Sanchez and keeping Mark down, but think that Greene who has actually produced and on a big stage can't boune back with with a big year? We will probably need more backs for Sparano's system, but cutting Greene or saying he sucks is beyond moronic. I guess I should expect nothing less.

im not going to lie I laughed at the the I dont like numbers or using my eyes line....

look to sum it up and you think Greene is a good feature back I disagree with you on every level, he got the job because of those few good games he has, but he doesn't perform consistently and never turned into the back we thought we were getting. Hello LT and even McKnight.

But you are right Jones was no good for us, Greene is a monster and it all good...laughable big dom...but right anyone who disagrees with you is moronic...I just have one question, how many times did you watch that PC? BAM!!

im not going to lie I laughed at the the I dont like numbers or using my eyes line....

look to sum it up and you think Greene is a good feature back I disagree with you on every level, he got the job because of those few good games he has, but he doesn't perform consistently and never turned into the back we thought we were getting. Hello LT and even McKnight.

But you are right Jones was no good for us, Greene is a monster and it all good...laughable big dom...but right anyone who disagrees with you is moronic...I just have one question, how many times did you watch that PC? BAM!!

Son, you are THE TYPICAL JET FAN!

You should be on the poster. Every player is either "THE GREATEST ******* PLAYER EVER TO LIVE!" or "THAT PIECE OF sh*t NEEDS TO BE CUT!" Teams are full of quality players that are capable of starting on championship winning teams, but can be replaced or supplemented with better players. You don't think Greene is a feature back? Fair enough - worth discussion. You don't think Greene is worth extending at a certain number? Fair enough worth discussion. You think Greene sucks and should be cut? You need to start using your brain a little more.

You should be on the poster. Every player is either "THE GREATEST ******* PLAYER EVER TO LIVE!" or "THAT PIECE OF sh*t NEEDS TO BE CUT!" Teams are full of quality players that are capable of starting on championship winning teams, but can be replaced or supplemented with better players. You don't think Greene is a feature back? Fair enough - worth discussion. You don't think Greene is worth extending at a certain number? Fair enough worth discussion. You think Greene sucks and should be cut? You need to start using your brain a little more.

How could you not want to cut a young, dirt-cheap starting RB entering a contract year?

What we need is another Thomas Jones type. Now there was a true playmaker in the mold of Tomlinson and Peterson and Jones-Drew and such. The guy constantly made something of nothing, broke tackles right & left, and when he hit an open seam he was gone for a sure TD. Plus Jones did just as well behind a crappy line as he did behind the NFL's most dominant run-blocking OL. And even when he wasn't flashy, he "just got it done" (whatever the hell that means).

Boy r u dumm.

lol Yeah Im a typical jet fan who watches the games and can see whatever every other person can, greene didnt live up to standards and should be replaced. I guess I'm not some genius like you, but you think with someone like you with your vast and superior football iq would work in the NFL. Maybe you could scout hell, with your expertise you might consider making time to be a coordinator.

Get off your high horse brother...greene blows any way you slice it.

How could you not want to cut a young, dirt-cheap starting RB entering a contract year?

What we need is another Thomas Jones type. Now there was a true playmaker in the mold of Tomlinson and Peterson and Jones-Drew and such. The guy constantly made something of nothing, broke tackles right & left, and when he hit an open seam he was gone for a sure TD. Plus Jones did just as well behind a crappy line as he did behind the NFL's most dominant run-blocking OL. And even when he wasn't flashy, he "just got it done" (whatever the hell that means).

Boy r u dumm.

lol maybe you girls are right, Greene is a beast lets sign him up for 10 years...hell he might not be that great but he's cheap. Lets just stick with him...I mean we cant find better why rock the boat.

It amazes me how much some jet fans will defend crappy play, and to a guy we have very little invested in, and where we can esily upgrade.

I see greene as sub par starter that should be replaced considering the position, but Im the crazy one...

lol maybe you girls are right, Greene is a beast lets sign him up for 10 years...hell he might not be that great but he's cheap. Lets just stick with him...I mean we cant find better why rock the boat.

It amazes me how much some jet fans will defend crappy play, and to a guy we have very little invested in, and where we can esily upgrade.

I see greene as sub par starter that should be replaced considering the position, but Im the crazy one...

Describe "easily upgrade" for me.

No one cuts a player entering a cheap contract season. And your hero Thomas Jones was next to worthless until and unless OL's were opening up holes big enough for a Thomas Jones to run through. He had no power, no speed, and broke almost no tackles. But he balanced that out with being a lousy receiver. Maybe we beat Indy if Mr. Skill and Power could get a first down after Greene softened up Indy's piss-poor run defense for him.

There is a salary cap. You don't dump low-cost starters just for the sake of dumping them. Particularly when they're in contract years looking for a big payday.

I don't get it,

Is "out lap" the same as "out house" ?

On another note,

I live in Miami, I've watched Lamar Miller...his is going to be the truth.

He ran the fastest 40 (amoungst RB's) at the combine, and that's no suprise.

He IS a touch physical WITH breakaway speed...real breakaway speed.

Not saying the Jets should make a run at him because we have FAR more pressing needs. But I really believe that in the long run he will have a better career then Richardson.

I would LOVE the Jets to sign Kevin Smith to make a Greene/Smith/McKnight backfield. Second choice would be Hightower if healthy. Because Hightower was my favorite on Police Academy. 8)

There's no way you can pass on Richardson if he's there at #16.

The best RB prospect since Peterson and has drawn comparisons to Earl Campbell.

Usually I'm against RB's in the 1st round too but Richardson is a special player. I personally don't know how anyone can be totally comfortable with our backfield. Greene is completely one dimensional. The guy is a solid inside runner but he's no threat whatsoever as a receiver out of the backfield and he's isn't a good pass blocker.

Rex, Sparano, and Tanny have all made it known that this team is dead set on the ground and pound philosophy. We want to run the ball effectively, set up the playaction, and play tough defense.

You wanna take pressure off Sanchez? You wanna control the clock and play ground and pound?

Then Trent Richardson is the best pick you could make.

Archived