RB Richardson just dropped into out lap

BornJetsFan1983

The surgery was not that serious. He'll have his pro day in late March wow everyone and go bye, bye to the Jets.

Maybe the Jets can trade up to #5 TB to get him. All the jets would have to do is trade away their 1,2,3,4 in 2012 or maybe our 1, 2 in 2012 and 2, 3 2013.

That’s it and he's ours.

Greene doesn't suck so much as he's not to be trusted as the starter on a team that wants to be elite. At least not right now.

this doenst make any sense, what are you talking about not to be trusted on a team that wants to be elite, are you some kind of chinese sage? c'mon man green does suck. Look at what broken jones did for us, then look at what green did when btw we had a line. Even this last season how many times did you see the guy just not make the cut, not go after it, get stuffed behind or at the line even with a hole.

The only time greene ever looks good is when everyone else is tired and hurt. He had one good game in the playoffs and the guys given a pass. Just cut this guy, I cant beleive anyone wants to resign him or have him as our starter.

Hell LT looked like a damn probowler that two season ago because he had to carry the team during the first half.

Look Ill tell you how i really feel later but green sucks.

I still don't get all the Richardson hype, sure he is talented, and has great college numbers especially for playing in the SEC. But he seems to want to bounce everything outside, and sure against college kids that's all fine, and will work, but not in the NFL, hell the league even caught up to Chris Johnson. Not to mention he was standing on the sideline for the most important offensive series in the national championship game, what's that say about him (maybe it was injury, but it seamed Saban didn't trust him)?

The kid from Miami IMO will end up being a better pro then Richardson, and if the Jets want a RB they should trade back, and grab this guy, either way I seriously doubt the Jets go RB in round 1, and if he is there at 16 field every offer under the sun for the right to pick him, and take the best one.

Hmm...I'm thinking there aren't many here who've seen Richardson on a consistent basis. Easily the best RB prospect since Peterson...

That said, Lupz brings up Miller...I don't think there's a significant gap between these two players. Miller is probably my favorite of the RBs in the draft, though I still think Richardson on this specific team would be a gift.

Let's look at the various places TR could end up:

1) teams with amazing QBs - they are looking for mid/late round help and don't need a TR (cause their passing offenses carry the load).

Examples: Dallas. Green Bay, New England, New York Giants, Pittsburgh.

Chances of TR: Basically Nil.

2) teams with amazing (or just expensive) RB - they have a big timer they just signed or drafted real high.

Examples: Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota, New Orleans, Oakland, Philadelphia, St Louis, San Diego, Tennessee.

Chances of TR: Very Low.

3) teams with no QB to speak of - they are rebuilding, looking for QBs (and aren't really interest in star tailbacks).

Examples: Indy, Miami, Seattle, Washington. The Bills took C.J. Spiller in this category a couple years go.

Chances of TR: Small but possible.

4) teams with not great QBs/not great RBs - These teams are sticking with their (mediocre) choices at QBs and need more help around him. These teams hope a TR could push their offense to the next level.

Examples: Arizona, Baltimore (if Ray Rice leaves), Cinci, Cleveland, Denver, New York Jets, San Fran.

Chances of TR: Extremely high, this is TR's target market.

I still don't get all the Richardson hype, sure he is talented, and has great college numbers especially for playing in the SEC. But he seems to want to bounce everything outside, and sure against college kids that's all fine, and will work, but not in the NFL, hell the league even caught up to Chris Johnson. Not to mention he was standing on the sideline for the most important offensive series in the national championship game, what's that say about him (maybe it was injury, but it seamed Saban didn't trust him)?

The kid from Miami IMO will end up being a better pro then Richardson, and if the Jets want a RB they should trade back, and grab this guy, either way I seriously doubt the Jets go RB in round 1, and if he is there at 16 field every offer under the sun for the right to pick him, and take the best one.

You are nuts!! I have seen everyone of TR's games, he is a stud and is real close to Adrian Peterson. He will not go past 10 anyway

this doenst make any sense, what are you talking about not to be trusted on a team that wants to be elite, are you some kind of chinese sage? c'mon man green does suck. Look at what broken jones did for us, then look at what green did when btw we had a line. Even this last season how many times did you see the guy just not make the cut, not go after it, get stuffed behind or at the line even with a hole.

The only time greene ever looks good is when everyone else is tired and hurt. He had one good game in the playoffs and the guys given a pass. Just cut this guy, I cant beleive anyone wants to resign him or have him as our starter.

Hell LT looked like a damn probowler that two season ago because he had to carry the team during the first half.

Look Ill tell you how i really feel later but green sucks.

Which game was his "one good game in the playoffs"? Was it the 135 against the Bengals or the 128 against the Chargers? Maybe the 4.75 HOF vs. The Pats with the dagger TD? The kid averaged 4.3 for over 1,000 last year with a regressing QB and poor line play. He comes cheap, so let's cut him! He isn't carrying the team, but he's not the problem either.

1) teams with amazing QBs - they are looking for mid/late round help and don't need a TR (cause their passing offenses carry the load).

2) teams with amazing (or just expensive) RB - they have a big timer they just signed or drafted real high.

Examples: Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota, New Orleans, Oakland, Philadelphia, St Louis, San Diego, Tennessee.

3) teams with no QB to speak of - they are rebuilding, looking for QBs (and aren't really interest in star tailbacks).

Examples: Indy, Miami, Seattle, Washington. The Bills took C.J. Spiller in this category a couple years go.

4) teams with not great QBs/not great RBs - These teams are sticking with their (mediocre) choices at QBs and need more help around him. These teams hope a TR could push their offense to the next level.

Examples: Arizona, Baltimore (if Ray Rice leaves), Cinci, Cleveland, Denver, New York Jets, San Fran.

Good breakdown though I think the big QB teams would love Richardson, but he won't fall THAT far. Would not be shocked at all to see the Giants, Steelers, or Packers pick him if he were to actually fall into the 20's.

Good breakdown though I think the big QB teams would love Richardson, but he won't fall THAT far. Would not be shocked at all to see the Giants, Steelers, or Packers pick him if he were to actually fall into the 20's.

yeah agreed... and let me also add I don't think Dallas QB is _that_ great... but the emergence of Demarco Murray makes it a little less likely. Altho you can't ever count out jerry Jones.

Apparently, the knee surgery was for an injury he sustained the week leading up to the National championship game, which is why Saban was playing Lacie more than he otherwise would have. Pretty good performance for someone who wasn't 100%.

Bengals have 2 1st round picks, a RB who is leaving in Benson, a up and coming QB, and stud WR with a very good O-line, I would be shocked if they didn't come out of the 1st round without either Richardson (by trading up) or the Miami kid. Also some have Seattle linked due to Lynch leaving, also heard KC could be interested depending on Charles' injury progress, and also heard TB could take him at 5.

I really hope the Jets steer clear of him, why? Name me the last Adrian Peterson type of talent that was drafted as the 1st RB in the draft that was a huge reason why a team won a SB? Exactly we have to many holes in more important positions, just keep drafting a RB in rounds 3-5 every year you will hit just as often as you will by drafting one in the 1st.

Archived