Jets to host free agent LaRon Landry this weekend

F.Chowds

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily Newsreports that the Jets will host free agent safetyLaRon Landry for a visit to club headquarters this weekend.

Florio reported earlier in the week that the Jets were, indeed, one of four teams showing immediate interest in Landry once the free agency period commenced. The other clubs were New England, Detroit, and Philadelphia.

The Jets are believed to be Landry’s first free agent visit.

He's always been a big kid, even while at LSU, but the picture above does look a bit photoshopped. I could care less if he were on roids, as I'm not naive enough to think he'd be the only one on the jets on em. All I care about is if he can stay healthy for the majority of the season and the playoffs.

Ped Head. He's visiting the Pats today, I think. Anyway, do not want. He's a bigger Chung with a worse injury history - Pats need someone that can cover, not hit and flex their muscles.

You're probably right, and while that might be the case for the Pats, the Jets are at the point that they need any human being capable of playing the safety position without falling flat on his face with great regularity.

Oh, and let me just say, I'm actually really liking the way the Jets are handling this free agency period. They sat back the first few days, allowed all the crazy huge money contracts get handed out in a massive rush while they re-signed some of their own guys, studied who was still out there, made some calls, and now starting today are bringing in a whole list of guys that are left who address the Jets needs, and are likely to come far cheaper than anyone signed in the first few days of FA. They're trying to fill the holes on their team so they don't have to reach come draft day, while avoiding handing out massive contracts that the players will never live up to. Of course whether or not it works out for them remains to be seen, but it's certainly a strategy that seems to have a far more successful history.

Oh, and let me just say, I'm actually really liking the way the Jets are handling this free agency period. They sat back the first few days, allowed all the crazy huge money contracts get handed out in a massive rush while they re-signed some of their own guys, studied who was still out there, made some calls, and now starting today are bringing in a whole list of guys that are left who address the Jets needs, and are likely to come far cheaper than anyone signed in the first few days of FA. They're trying to fill the holes on their team so they don't have to reach come draft day, while avoiding handing out massive contracts that the players will never live up to. Of course whether or not it works out for them remains to be seen, but it's certainly a strategy that seems to have a far more successful history.

Agreed.

No, what this means is that no one wants to play here and we should fire Rex.

With all the grumbling about laying low for the first few days of FA, I would hate to see this place if Tannenbaum did something like give Pierre Garcon 20 million guaranteed.

Would love to see us sign an OL in free agency, I don't want to have to trust the draft to fill that need. Tried that before and we all no how it turned out. Give me a proven, if average, commodity.

Ditto. Fill the RT position with a proven commodity and draft a G to take over for Moore down the road.

Ped Head. He's visiting the Pats today, I think. Anyway, do not want. He's a bigger Chung with a worse injury history - Pats need someone that can cover, not hit and flex their muscles.

I'm all for the Pats signing him if him flexing will distract Brady.

Archived