Whats the Latest on Bart Scott?

TNJet

1. Trade Sanchez for Tebow

2. Play Tebow at ILB and at FB

3. Play Bart Scott at Corner

4. Use Cro in the Wildcat every single play

5. See if Ronnie Lott can make a comeback and pray we for a miracle regarding the safety situation

6. Win in 2013

Not seeing your point as Kendrick's is neither an OLB prospect here nor is Maybin on the same level athletically.

Depends on the team. Point is Maybin can't stay on the field on run downs, you think this PAC 12 munchkin can from the inside in the NFL? I just don't see it. Despite weight some guys are just tougher stronger despite size, Is Kendricks one of those guys. I think he'll be better suited to play in space, not taking on blockers all day.

Does one or two inches really matter that much when playing Linebacker. I mean he's not the ideal height but he's heavy.

Kendricks 5 '11" 240

Patrick Willis 6 '1" 240

Jon Beason 6'0" 237

Stephen Tulloch 5'11" 240

Well, maybe I'm off. But I just don't see it. Pac 12 kid, some character issues, undersized but off the charts athleticism. Not really a thumper. Only one year inside. I think he's a great prospect btw. I just don't know if he's the right guy for this scheme.

Upshaw has dropped out of the universe and has everything riding on his pro day 3/29, I think it is. After the combine most scouts only see him as 43DE. Right now i think he's almost treading into early 2nd round territory.

Well, OK, I'm not a college football/draft evaluator. I didn't mean Upshaw specifically but rather I meant that: whatever pass-rushing OLB talent you can nab in the 1st round PLUS Bart Scott is better than Whatever 1st round MLB you want to take PLUS a 5th round pick. Or to simplify it even further: we have too many needs right now, can't afford to make new ones.

Well, OK, I'm not a college football/draft evaluator. I didn't mean Upshaw specifically but rather I meant that: whatever pass-rushing OLB talent you can nab in the 1st round PLUS Bart Scott is better than Whatever 1st round MLB you want to take PLUS a 5th round pick. Or to simplify it even further: we have too many needs right now, can't afford to make new ones.

This is what I said when there was talk Scott might not be back.

Well, maybe I'm off. But I just don't see it. Pac 12 kid, some character issues, undersized but off the charts athleticism. Not really a thumper. Only one year inside. I think he's a great prospect btw. I just don't know if he's the right guy for this scheme.

I understand your concern. I dont trust players from weak divisions either, but the reason i say the jets should pick this guy is because of his athleticism and how the Jets need to get younger and faster on defense. I haven't really seen much on the kid but I know he had a big time combine. Then again, athleticism isn't everything. (Gholston)

i say go for hightower so drop back get him in yhe 20s and get that safety smith in the second and that kid cole we can get in the 4 or 5 round he can help a bit and plays faster then his 40 was good player with heart and that is better then talent sometimes,but i must say that kid hill looks really for us

I'm not one either. I'm just throwing it out there, doesn't mean it's fact or anything.

maybe we are looking at different signs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0-v5fvECqU

You need to get your a$$ over to draftinsider and bring back some good old school battles with Come Back. :) Hey look, I have a lot respect for you when it comes to College evaluations but over the years I've really come to respect Tony not only evaluating but getting insider information. Right now according to his site most teams don't even have Upshaw in the top 32. Combine that with multiple sources not impressed with Upshaw's athleticism at the combine I'm not feeling rosy about that kind of pick at 16. To me it makes sense but if a majority of scouts and teams aren't seeing it that way than it would be foolish of me to somehow think I know more. I'm just a huge college football fan and a draft junkie, I read and watch everything I can find. So when I'm talking I'm just trying to remain objective.

I think the game is shifting towards guys who can play in space well. That's what makes Keuchly a more interesting choice for the Jets than he might seem. That said, I can agree that he's not an overly physical guy and it would be a bit of an odd fit. Definitely thought he had a more smashmouthy game but not so much.

Anyway, Hightower should be that guy anyway. Just a very good all around prospect with exactly the level of coaching the Jets' locker room could use a look at right now. I didn't even notice how young the roster was until Antonio Cromartie tweeted it. That felt interesting to acknowledge.

What's anyones take on Hightower taking Bryan Thomas' job rather than an ILB job? Who's the next guy who could replace Scott? The DL is getting bigger, younger and more athletic making for interesting new ways to build the D. Makes Zac Brown more interesting, and he can play the run alright. He even kind of looks like BS.

Edit: I think Bit's right on Upshaw. By the 29th I think all of three of Alabama's players everyone will be looking at the most will be flying up the almighty boards.

What's anyones take on Hightower taking Bryan Thomas' job rather than an ILB job? Who's the next guy who could replace Scott? The DL is getting bigger, younger and more athletic making for interesting new ways to build the D. Makes Zac Brown more interesting, and he can play the run alright. He even kind of looks like BS.

Edit: I think Bit's right on Upshaw. By the 29th I think all of three of Alabama's players everyone will be looking at the most will be flying up the almighty boards.

I love Hightower & Upshaw both. Basically whoever they take will mean they think that player will fit into the system, I still have faith in Rex that he'll push to get the right player...I just want a dominant young LB.

Only way I see getting pissed come draft day is if they reach on any player early whose not a LB who can pass rush. So if they reach on a LB I'll still be cool...if they pick a RB not TRich, a lineman not DeCastro or Glenn, a WR not Blackmon or Floyd I'll be pissed. Mind you if they grab another legit 5 tech I'm down with that too. The only Safety is Barron which i would be extremely luke warm on.

I love Hightower & Upshaw both. Basically whoever they take will mean they think that player will fit into the system, I still have faith in Rex that he'll push to get the right player...I just want a dominant young LB.

Only way I see getting pissed come draft day is if they reach on any player early whose not a LB who can pass rush. So if they reach on a LB I'll still be cool...if they pick a RB not TRich, a lineman not DeCastro or Glenn, a WR not Blackmon or Floyd I'll be pissed. Mind you if they grab another legit 5 tech I'm down with that too. The only Safety is Barron which i would be extremely luke warm on.

And as we all know we wouldn't like it if hess gets lukewarm.

But yeah, definitely feeling the same way about the draft. Pass rusher or decastro for me. Barron i'd be okay with, but would think we're doing it because of need more than value i like barron, just think there'd be better players likely available when we pick at 16

Archived