Whats the Latest on Bart Scott?

TNJet

Hess, Luke Kuechley is the better of the two, the stats dont lie. Although Hightower is a great player he benefitted from a top ranked defensive unit.

Yep, I think both will be great. But imo, Hightower will be a dominant force in the middle of the field for many a years. Probably a better fit for this defense too.

i dont think either Kuechly or Hightower are as good as David Harris. It would be weird to use a 16 pick on a player who isn't the best ILB on the roster right away.

Not that I buy that that needs to be a pre-req (also think Hightower can play OLB), why is neither as good as Harris? Are we talking 5 year pro Harris or prospect Harris?

Yep, I think both will be great. But imo, Hightower will be a dominant force in the middle of the field for many a years. Probably a better fit for this defense too.

While I see your point, Kuechley projects as an ILB in either scheme. He weighs as much as Scott does now, and has the body to add ten more pounds if needed.

Do they get room under the cap if they trade him? Because I just don't see the benefit otherwise. What could you get for him, a 5th? Who do you replace him with? Whoever it is, he's not on the team right now.

So here's 2 possibilities:

Either:

Harris

Scott

Pace

Thomas

Upshaw from Alabama

Or:

Harris

Kuchely

Pace

Thomas

5th round pick

In what universe do you not pick group #1?

While I see your point, Kuechley projects as an ILB in either scheme. He weighs as much as Scott does now, and has the body to add ten more pounds if needed.

To me he has a small frame and has probably packed on more pounds than his actual playing weight. I would be surprised if they picked Kuechley but not upset. But he's being stereotyped as a 4-3 guy (more like a Laurinaitus and Vilma type) from everything I've read and seen. Bottom line is they probably go pass rusher...hopefully...but I really think it's not even close for who is the better fit for the Jets. Kuechley is probably the better player dropping back into coverage but Hightower is going to be a recking ball who will blowup holes inside and whose versatile enough to line up on the outside and rush the QB. I don't see how being an elite player on BC makes you a better prospect than being an elite player on the most elite defense in college football playing against the most elite players in the most elite conference. The fact that Hightower was surrounded by better players also means he had to compete at the highest level just to start in that spot...nevermind starting as a true freshman.

Do they get room under the cap if they trade him? Because I just don't see the benefit otherwise. What could you get for him, a 5th? Who do you replace him with? Whoever it is, he's not on the team right now. So here's 2 possibilities: Either: Harris Scott Pace Thomas Upshaw from Alabama Or: Harris Kuchely Pace Thomas 5th round pick In what universe do you not pick group #1?

Upshaw has dropped out of the universe and has everything riding on his pro day 3/29, I think it is. After the combine most scouts only see him as 43DE. Right now i think he's almost treading into early 2nd round territory.

Upshaw has dropped out of the universe and has everything riding on his pro day 3/29, I think it is. After the combine most scouts only see him as 43DE. Right now i think he's almost treading into early 2nd round territory.

that is discounting his performance at Senior Bowl practices. I still think there's a decent shot he's gone by 16. Arizona at 13 and Dallas at 14 both need OLB.

that is discounting his performance at Senior Bowl practices. I still think there's a decent shot he's gone by 16. Arizona at 13 and Dallas at 14 both need OLB.

I'm wondering if a 34 team will take him. All signs seemed to say he might be too stiff and not athletic enough. Should be interesting to see. I think I'd rather Hightower who can essentially play both and whose more of a lockerroom leader type.

Archived