So, Santonio Holmes is still here

Matt39

Pretty much..this board was a Holmes love fest in 2010...I was one of the few who backed Edwards...now, Edwards is a fallen hero the Jets disrespected and Holmes is THE REASON.

Oh, you havent heard? Braylon Edwards made Santonio Holmes. The dude is so good, teams are lining up so he can make their WR better too.

Beating down that dudes door. Beating it down.

He'll go right back to be a fan favorite with the entire stadium doing the fly boy screaming Tone Time. Jets fans have a shorty memory.

Even if Holmes found religion tomorrow and dedicated himself to being the best player and teammate ever on every play this year, he's still doomed. Tebow is going to take 30% of the QB snaps, Sparano is going to run it 65% of the time and the talent on offense (that would ostensibly draw coverage away from him) has gotten worse. How, exactly, is Holmes going to experience some resurgence, particularly considering it sounds like he's still the same sociopathic moron he's always been?

What I don't get is why Tone is surprised. If he wanted to go play with a real QB, he could have taken less money and found a team without much trouble, I'd think. Tone signed for a ton of money and with that to play with Mark Sanchez, he shouldn't complain about the fact that he is in fact playing with Mark Sanchez. This was not a surprise.

Santonio > Tebow > Poop > Sanchez

Both great post but the fact EY refers to him as Tone and Taco as Mark Sanchez is awesome.

Wallace might be a better WR than Holmes...his 2010 was amazing...but absolutely stunned that no context is added there (should I be? Probably not)...Not only was Ben a better passer in 2010 but the Steelers started throwing the ball more. The Steelers offense today is FAR more QB dependent than when Holmes was there, and they don't even want to pay Wallace...who would be the third #1 WR in a row the Steelers let leave (though I do think they eventually come to an agreement in the Steelers' favor).

Holmes is the absolute least of this offenses problems....well, healthy Mangold is...still...Hes the only HR hitter on this offense.

Hey, if Tanny called Kevin Colbert and offered him Holmes straight up for Wallace, how do you think that conversation would go?

Hey, if Tanny called Kevin Colbert and offered him Holmes straight up for Wallace, how do you think that conversation would go?

Lets see:

- Holmes' contract makes the offer laughable, seeing as they refuse to pay a better WR.

- Never said Holmes was as good as Wallace, who's 2010 is better than any season Holmes has had so far.

- Steelers haven't been quick to pay, though I realize this is kind of their Revis situation except Wallace hit RFA status. They've stilled tried to make him to sign a one year multiple times...They know what makes a passing game...hint...it's the guy who throws the ball.

Taking out of the equation that they've already had Holmes, they're close I guess. Wallace is a speed guy while Holmes is allegedly the crafty route runner.

We need a guy like Wallace honestly. Holmes just isnt a deep threat.

Oh, you havent heard? Braylon Edwards made Santonio Holmes. The dude is so good, teams are lining up so he can make their WR better too.

Beating down that dudes door. Beating it down.

Fun fact: Since 2010 Braylon Edwards has spent more time as a street FA than he has an NFL WR.

Fun fact: Since 2010 Braylon Edwards has spent more time as a street FA than he has an NFL WR.

His knee is all sorts of ****ed up I'd imagine. He blew it out as badly as you could during his rookie year...and his latest injury in SF.

Braylon had the tools though, he was in the Keyshawn mold with more speed....his best season as a pro is better than any year Holmes as ever had and he's never had the luxury of playing with a good QB.

Also, the off the field stuff never helped.

His knee is all sorts of ****ed up I'd imagine. He blew it out as badly as you could during his rookie year...and his latest injury in SF.

Braylon had the tools though, he was in the Keyshawn mold with more speed....his best season as a pro is better than any year Holmes as ever had and he's never had the luxury of playing with a good QB.

Also, the off the field stuff never helped.

Braylon's 2007 looks like an aberration....a perfect storm of a revamped OL, a career year from a young big armed passer, and a huge year from Winslow Jr. across from him. Great memory for him, but a couple of knee injuries pretty much eliminates any chance of that happening again.

I'm stunned by the 180 this board has done since '10...It was pretty much unanimous that Holmes was better, with very few picking Edwards.

Braylon's 2007 looks like an aberration....a perfect storm of a revamped OL, a career year from a young big armed passer, and a huge year from Winslow Jr. across from him. Great memory for him, but a couple of knee injuries pretty much eliminates any chance of that happening again.

I'm stunned by the 180 this board has done since '10...It was pretty much unanimous that Holmes was better, with very few picking Edwards.

I never understood the Braylon vs Santonio thing. For a team with a limited QB, I thought they complimented each other pretty well. Holmes was more electric with the ball in his hands, while Braylon had the Im just going to beat you right over the top speed. TBH, I get the feeling Woody had the hots for bringing in Plaxico to annoy the Giants and create some buzz...I'd assume that was in the works for a while. Plax complimented Santonio more than Braylon obviously.

As far as the aberration of 2007...his 2010 was pretty darn good, especially with an erratic QB. 17.1 YPC is really good, no matter how you slice it.

I never understood the Braylon vs Santonio thing. For a team with a limited QB, I thought they complimented each other pretty well. Holmes was more electric with the ball in his hands, while Braylon had the Im just going to beat you right over the top speed. TBH, I get the feeling Woody had the hots for bringing in Plaxico to annoy the Giants and create some buzz...I'd assume that was in the works for a while. Plax complimented Santonio more than Braylon obviously.

As far as the aberration of 2007...his 2010 was pretty darn good, especially with an erratic QB. 17.1 YPC is really good, no matter how you slice it.

The problem is that "I'm just going to beat you over the top" speed is all Braylon really did well in the receiving game. A one trick pony like that shouldn't be paid like he probably felt he should be paid coming off a decent 2010.

I mean for jah's sake he looked completely uncomfortable when asked to play a short game in 2010 against the Steelers. Yes, I'll admit he caught he few slants but eh....still just doesn't have that game and it's just not worth paying a WR who can only go deep (unless he's Randy Moss in his prime or something).

Also, Braylon has always had concentration problems and it's been a knock since even before he came into the league.

Holmes can put up 17 per catch if you let him...He came into the league as that kind of WR.

Archived