So, Santonio Holmes is still here

Matt39

And apparently has zero regrets from last season, along with a couple of 3rd person references.

What exactly is the plan when he self destructs this season?

It is interesting because the only way for him to not self destruct seems to be a 1,200 yard season. If they are winning and he has bad stats, does anyone expect him to be quiet?

They sent him a message with that contract and he is definitely running with it.

It is interesting because the only way for him to not self destruct seems to be a 1,200 yard season. If they are winning and he has bad stats, does anyone expect him to be quiet?

They sent him a message with that contract and he is definitely running with it.

With the way we are looking to run an offense...it's puzzling the organization didn't do everything it could to get him out of here. It's a problem that isnt going to go away.

With the way we are looking to run an offense...it's puzzling the organization didn't do everything it could to get him out of here. It's a problem that isnt going to go away.

He wasnt a problem in 2010 when he was winning games for the Jets and he was Mark's favorite target.

Winning cures all. Getting him the ball will help the team win. There will be no problems if Mark can do, you know, his job.

He wasnt a problem in 2010 when he was winning games for the Jets and he was Mark's favorite target.

Winning cures all. Getting him the ball will help the team win. There will be no problems if Mark can do, you know, his job.

Roethlisberger, too.

He's a tiny, significantly less talented Terrell Owens.

Until he cries for Mark Sanchez in a press conference, I'll respectfully disagree.

Notice the Steelers havent won a SB since the horrible decision of letting him go for a loaf of bread? I have.

Until he cries for Mark Sanchez in a press conference, I'll respectfully disagree.

Notice the Steelers havent won a SB since the horrible decision of letting him go for a loaf of bread? I have.

You're suggesting that's because they traded him away, despite the fact that they replaced him with a WR who was vastly outproduced him?

You're suggesting that's because they traded him away, despite the fact that they replaced him with a WR who was vastly outproduced him?

Yep. Only reason he's outproduced him, vastly is a stretch, is because Ward isnt the #1 option anymore and Big Ben is twice the player and they're not a run first team anymore. That all changed.

I'm suggesting the clutchness of Tone Time has impacted the Steelers ability to hoist Lombardi's. Proof is in the pudding.

Yep. Only reason he's outproduced him, vastly is a stretch, is because Ward isnt the #1 option anymore and Big Ben is twice the player and they're not a run first team anymore. That all changed.

I'm suggesting the clutchness of Tone Time has impacted the Steelers ability to hoist Lombardi's. Proof is in the pudding.

Well it's just too bad the Jets didn't have a player like Holmes when they lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship last year.

Holmes is a child. He's not going to be happy if he doesn't get the ball enough, whether the Jets win or not. Even in 2010 there were hints he was unhappy with the offense. I hope one of his strengths is running the ball, since not throwing it is one of Sanchez's strengths.

TO is a 6x pro bowl, 5x all pro player. I'll take a mini TO every day of the week.

Holmes is a 0x pro bowl, 0x all pro player who gets paid and mythologized like he's been elite from the second he walked on the field at Ohio State. Thus, I included the "significantly less talented" part.

Well it's just too bad the Jets didn't have a player like Holmes when they lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship last year.

Agreed. That dumb as Schotty didnt have him on the field for 4 straight plays on the goal line. Moron.

Holmes is a 0x pro bowl, 0x all pro player who gets paid and mythologized like he's been elite from the second he walked on the field at Ohio State. Thus, I included the "significantly less talented" part.

Ring + SB MVP >>> Pro Bowl. Fly Boy >>> Cry Boy

What I don't get is why Tone is surprised. If he wanted to go play with a real QB, he could have taken less money and found a team without much trouble, I'd think. Tone signed for a ton of money and with that to play with Mark Sanchez, he shouldn't complain about the fact that he is in fact playing with Mark Sanchez. This was not a surprise.

Holmes is a 0x pro bowl, 0x all pro player who gets paid and mythologized like he's been elite

well he was a Super Bowl MVP. that's something

and he's clutch. How many games did they win in 2010 due to Holmes clutch plays? At least 3 or 4. remember that Wes Welker drop in the SB? Ya know who would have made that catch...

bottom line the reason why the Jets need Holmes is the coaches have no idea how to scheme offense. They can make a defense out of chicken wire and duct tape cause they know the ins and outs. The offense needs play makers to excel, despite the lack of coaching. Whether it's Schotty or Sparano let's be real neither of these men are Bill Walsh. I remember people wanted Rex to bench Santonio... he NEEDS santonio. HE can't bench him! and do what instead? Run 5 yard outs with Patrick Turner?

and let me be clear this is not to say fire Rex and get a bunch of offensive coaches. They'd just have the same problem, in reverse.

Good point. Lord knows he hated having him on this play.

santonio_holmes2009-winning-td-super-bowl-43-med-wide.jpg

Thats a catch I expect every WR to make the ball hit him in both hands

He's a tiny, significantly less talented Terrell Owens.

THIS and if he continues the bullsh*t with the Jets he wont get constant chances like Owens because Owens is 10 times the receiver Holmes is they are not even in the same league. No pun intended :)

This is real comedy from teh JIF

Stop making sense

Wallace might be a better WR than Holmes...his 2010 was amazing...but absolutely stunned that no context is added there (should I be? Probably not)...Not only was Ben a better passer in 2010 but the Steelers started throwing the ball more. The Steelers offense today is FAR more QB dependent than when Holmes was there, and they don't even want to pay Wallace...who would be the third #1 WR in a row the Steelers let leave (though I do think they eventually come to an agreement in the Steelers' favor).

Holmes is the absolute least of this offenses problems....well, healthy Mangold is...still...Hes the only HR hitter on this offense.

He'll go right back to be a fan favorite with the entire stadium doing the fly boy screaming Tone Time. Jets fans have a shorty memory.

Pretty much..this board was a Holmes love fest in 2010...I was one of the few who backed Edwards...now, Edwards is a fallen hero the Jets disrespected and Holmes is THE REASON.

Wallace might be a better WR than Holmes...his 2010 was amazing...but absolutely stunned that no context is added there (should I be? Probably not)...Not only was Ben a better passer in 2010 but the Steelers started throwing the ball more. The Steelers offense today is FAR more QB dependent than when Holmes was there, and they don't even want to pay Wallace...who would be the third #1 WR in a row the Steelers let leave (though I do think they eventually come to an agreement in the Steelers' favor).

Holmes is the absolute least of this offenses problems....well, healthy Mangold is...still...Hes the only HR hitter on this offense.

Sorry but the only way Holmes is a HR hitter in this offense is if the Jets get a real WR opposite him to open things up. Holmes is not the type of WR who can handle constant pressure and that was obvious last year. Hes not big enough nor strong enough to carry the load without some help.

All that being said if the Jets do get a real threat opposite Holmes everything changes. Thats when I think Holmes becomes the threat he was 2 years ago

Was it obvious last year when he tied a career high in TDs?

Perhaps I don't see as well as you, but I don't think that's obvious at all. Even Andre and Calvin Johnson need some one who takes some of all the pressure off...Holmes isn't unique in that regard.

Archived