Who is Rex Ryan's Sensei?

Maxman

Posibly my favorite head coach of all time. Wherever this guy goes after eventually being fired from New York I'm going to follow and root for him.

+ 1.

Bill Belichik. We were all wrong, he's a standup guy.

I was thinking maybe Brian Billick but he's not little either.

Best guess in the thread. Almost too obvious to be right.

Yeah, pretty much. Parcells was my first thought as well, but you have to question what would suddenly cause the secrecy when both Ryan and Tanny have been dropping his name for years, even back when he was still with the Dolphins.

Yeah, pretty much. Parcells was my first thought as well, but you have to question what would suddenly cause the secrecy when both Ryan and Tanny have been dropping his name for years, even back when he was still with the Dolphins.

This. IIRC he's been pretty public about his relationship with Parcells the entire time he's been here.

Only problem with that guess is the quote says that Rex calls him...."my little sensei".

Pretty sure nobody is calling Parcells there little anything...

Until you pointed that out I was almost sure it was Parcells, now after thinking about it, a guy who makes total sense here is Dick Vermeil, like Ryan a very emotional man who takes everything to heart, loves his players sometimes to a fault, and is always willing to listen, learn, change, and most of all inspire, maybe he is "Ryan's little Sensei".

I think Vermeil is like 5'-9" to 5'-11", and compared to Ryan that is small!!!!!

Until you pointed that out I was almost sure it was Parcells, now after thinking about it, a guy who makes total sense here is Dick Vermeil, like Ryan a very emotional man who takes everything to heart, loves his players sometimes to a fault, and is always willing to listen, learn, change, and most of all inspire, maybe he is "Ryan's little Sensei".

I think Vermeil is like 5'-9" to 5'-11", and compared to Ryan that is small!!!!!

Do Rex and Dick have a connection?

Where is that creepy dude that hides in bushes at training camp and stuff. Put him on the job, he'll find out.

Do Rex and Dick have a connection?

Where is that creepy dude that hides in bushes at training camp and stuff. Put him on the job, he'll find out.

I couldn't find a connection between the 2, but you gotta figure it's someone not easily connected to Ryan, or the cat would be out of the bag already. It's really just a shot in the dark, tried thinking of characters that fit the description, and he was the best I could come up with.

I couldn't find a connection between the 2, but you gotta figure it's someone not easily connected to Ryan, or the cat would be out of the bag already. It's really just a shot in the dark, tried thinking of characters that fit the description, and he was the best I could come up with.

Fair enough. I'm intrigued nonetheless. I need to know. Its going to be the question of the year.

Fair enough. I'm intrigued nonetheless. I need to know. Its going to be the question of the year.

You gotta figure this so called Sensei will make a live visit at some point in camp, but they won't let on that he is that Sensei even if everyone, and their mother knows it to be true.

And yes there probably won't be a press conference that goes by without the question being asked.

Archived