2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

SenorGato

18 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I really wouldn't give half a dang if you finally stopped trolling this thread, but am just not holding my breath you stop. Trolls do what trolls do. Unlike yourself I am not going to play pretend over your intentions - you mean to do nothing but troll from what I've seen, once in a while making sure to drop some bit from some site to cover troll tracks. All you're doing now is laying the groundwork for a big troll should the Mets have any success this weekend. Like I said - this thread went 4 years problem free with quality discussion and #hottakes until you and a couple other Mets fan trolls decided to troll this year.

Would you like some cheese with that whine ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, no psls said:

Would you like some cheese with that whine ?

Wine* and no thanks, cheese is for saaangwiches. It seems as if each Mets troll is dumber than the last. I assume ceese and wine is one of those combos white people pretend to like while no one else really cares.

12 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Wine* and no thanks, cheese is for saaangwiches. It seems as if each Mets troll is dumber than the last. I assume ceese and wine is one of those combos white people pretend to like while no one else really cares.

12 hours ago, SenorGato said:

download.jpg

10 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Mets trolls are going to be out in full force this weekend. That should be a blasty blast.

J/k, they've been out in their very mediocre full force all year. The good thing is that it is really weak sauce - to the tune of "why even try" or just outright pathetic. The negative is that they've formed a rotation of trolls where one or two at a time handle the duties while the others try to recover from the butthurt before tagging back in - keeping a constant flow of troll throughout. My guess is that the little group comses together for the weekend. I imagine this is a huge weekend for them - four games against the best team in baseball right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

J/k, they've been out in their very mediocre full force all year. The good thing is that it is really weak sauce - to the tune of "why even try" or just outright pathetic. The negative is that they've formed a rotation of trolls wherer one or two at a time handle the duties while the others try to recover from the butthurt before tagging back in. My guess is that the little group comses together for the weekend, I imagine this is a huge weekend for them - four games against the best team in baseball right now.

Just remember ; what have you guys won  ? NOTHING YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, no psls said:

Just remember ; what have you guys won  ? NOTHING YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd think the Cubs are a dynasty already with the level of butthurt you trolls have. Imagine how tedious you'll be when they have won a WS or two or three! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

J/k, they've been out in their very mediocre full force all year. The good thing is that it is really weak sauce - to the tune of "why even try" or just outright pathetic. The negative is that they've formed a rotation of trolls where one or two at a time handle the duties while the others try to recover from the butthurt before tagging back in - keeping a constant flow of troll throughout. My guess is that the little group comses together for the weekend. I imagine this is a huge weekend for them - four games against the best team in baseball right now.

You actually are trying to invite the very behavior that you cry or "report" about with posts such as this one or by dropping twitter feed links in the Mets forum.  That and I think you are crying out for any form of attention due to not really having anyone who wishes to discuss baseball with you after they get an initial taste of your over the top, condescending, poor sport attitude when ANYONE offers a differing opinion or when the Cubs go into a little slide.......Mets fan, Cubs fan, it doesn't matter. There is only one correct opinion...yours. Any attempts to have serious discussions that have an opinion that doesn't match yours in this thread are immediately thwarted by you calling the poster dumb, wrong, ill informed or a troll. Again, Mets fan, Cubs fan....it does not matter. 

Your response to the whine and cheese post says a lot about your character as well......must be a dickhead thing.

Enjoy being a pompous bore and talking to yourself.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

You actually are trying to invite the very behavior that you cry or "report" about with posts such as this one or by dropping twitter feed links in the Mets forum. 

I'm just stating the inevitable, no doubt you trolls will be in and out during the series. Inviting would be running around in most of the active threads hoping/looking to provoke like you've been doing to zero of the attention you so desperately crave. Posting twitter news isn't a thing. 

Typical troll has a problem with the *reponse* to the whine and cheese troll.  That says more about character than mine, but understandable than a troll thinks different and favors the troll there. The rest of that alligator tears troll sob story is not worth responding to. A reminder THO - I wouldn't give half a **** if you weren't posting in this thread. This thread was running fine without your trolls and now the past several pages are filled with yours and a couple other Mets fans' mediocre trollings. Yet another post from you that adds absolutely nothing. Another hint at your character that you think you not posting in this thread is a loss when you go out of your way to be a troll.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

You actually are trying to invite the very behavior that you cry or "report" about with posts such as this one or by dropping twitter feed links in the Mets forum.  That and I think you are crying out for any form of attention due to not really having anyone who wishes to discuss baseball with you after they get an initial taste of your over the top, condescending, poor sport attitude when ANYONE offers a differing opinion or when the Cubs go into a little slide.......Mets fan, Cubs fan, it doesn't matter. There is only one correct opinion...yours. Any attempts to have serious discussions that have an opinion that doesn't match yours in this thread are immediately thwarted by you calling the poster dumb, wrong, ill informed or a troll. Again, Mets fan, Cubs fan....it does not matter. 

Your response to the whine and cheese post says a lot about your character as well......must be a dickhead thing.

Enjoy being a pompous bore and talking to yourself.

MY MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all this Bryant hype it's wasy to forget how good Rizzo is....from FanGraphs:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/anthony-rizzo-keeps-getting-better/

2016 NL Rank
OBP .410 2
ISO .291 3
wRC+ 161 2
K% 13.2% 13
BB% 13.9%

With two walks and a strikeout during last night’s absurd Cubs/Reds 15-inning marathon, Rizzo now boasts a 42:45 strikeout-to-walk ratio. This makes him one of just five qualified batters to have recorded more walks than strikeouts this season, along with David Ortiz (40:43), Bryce Harper (52:62), Jose Altuve (32:39), and Ben Zobrist(43:48).

The thing that makes Rizzo’s refined approach truly special, however, is that he’s combined it with an increase in power. Often players will see a decline in power when their contact rates tick up or vice versa, but not Rizzo. He’s making more contact andhitting for a career high in power.

If this weren't Hammel, I would be more annoyed about sending the SP out after a delay. He is the single most replaceable SP on the staff.  Only other guy I'd do this to is Lackey, at least with the limited info available to me. 

All this talk of a lefty for the pen, I want a SP and a cherry on top. Something like Teheran + Newcomb, maybe Fried, or better yet one of Allard/Soroka/Wentz/Muller/Anderdson. 

1 hour ago, no psls said:

Two down , two to go ....download.jpg

What happens after the two games? The Mets are still 6 out in the division and have a half game lead for the second WC. I understand you have really low standards for the Mets, it's probably the closest to wisdom you'll get, but this early July series means a whole lot less to the Cubs than it does the Mets while not holding much weight for either. Please keep celebrating minor accomplishments 4 random games at a time, that'll probably end up going real far. 

I hope you noticed that DeGrom's velocity took at least a full MPH dip after that rain delay. No clue why he was sent out again, but my guess would be a desperate franchise fully aware that they're all in this year before some serious turnover is in order.

All those words and I could have just:

Yawn-GIF_2.gif?gs=a

These muhs really live a series at a time lol

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

I am not one to complain about umps, I like humans having jobs in sports and normally find complains about them to be insufferable, but that might have been the worst umped game of the season in terms of balls and strikes. Oh well, just have to beat Syndergaard tomorrow to avoid a super serious, season and decade defining sweep.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, no psls said:

Three down , one too go...u13235555_20160524_012410.gif

What happens after one? You're still maaaaaybe 5 games back in your own division with a still minimal lead in the wild card race with a half season to play. I understand you have really low standards for the Mets, it's probably the closest to wisdom you'll get, but this early July series means a whole lot less to the Cubs than it does the Mets while not holding much weight for either. Please keep celebrating minor accomplishments 4 random games at a time, that'll probably end up going real well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

5 hours ago, The Troll said:

We are poop the past few weeks. Good thing we had about a 15 game lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting back to playing the NL Central teams next week should help. Team has gotten fat and maybe a little too full of themselves on a surprisingly weak 2016 NL Central division.

I think they're something like 17-2 against the Reds and Pirates.

Getting back to playing the NL Central teams next week should help. Team has gotten fat and maybe a little too full of themselves on a surprisingly weak 2016 NL Central division.

They're about as maddening as a 51-29 team can be. They weren't very good last month and this one is off to an ominous start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, The Troll said:

They're about as maddening as a 51-29 team can be. They weren't very good last month and this one is off to an ominous start.

Starting OF and leadoff hitter on the DL...Montero's clearly been hurt, Rizzo had his back issue....Hammel sucks and the bullpen needs some new blood, which isn't really news....If this is as maddening as it gets, I'll sign up for this first half every year. 

3 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

The NL Central seems that way because the Cubs just are that good. The Cardinals are a good team while the Pirates only very recently became a mediocre team - largely due to getting buried by the Cubs. They are, after all, a team that handled the Mets twice just a couple weeks ago. The Cubs have been so good that June and early July have basically been audition months for a slew of minor leaguers (Contreras, Edwards, Almora, Patton, Candelario), most quality prospects and being auditioned for the trade deadline, while some guy named Johnny Peralta got to throw pitches in a series against the Mets without any worry about standings. The wind will blow again and you'll be reacting to it yet again. In reality it's not so dramatic - just a really long season with the ebbs and flows that come with it. The only thing dramatically shifted right now is that they probably won't threaten the regular season W-L record this year. 

They're supposed to be beating up on bad teams like the Reds, that is one of the many things great teams do.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeimer24C/status/749609766905839617?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I also think Carl Edwards Jr. became a guy last night solely on this PA against Cespedes:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_MarcusD_/status/749422494021455873/video/

I am biased THO, I stayed on the bandwagon when it emptied after he switched to relief. Look at that cut action at 96!

EDIT: Do tweets just show up on desktops and/or certain browers or something?