JORDAN 14 for 49! He has no OL

Kentucky Jet

LaMont just played for a paycheck last season.

Last year he was running over everybody in sight and getting as many yards per run as he could.

I saw it too many times this season where LaMont doesnt lower the boom and fight for those extra yards, and gets pushed fairly easily out of bounds.

He's a good player though.

but neither did HOUSTON or ASKEW and both looked as fast as JORDAN and just as intense! I was sorry to see LAMONT go but I welcomed the chance to finally see ASKEW and HOUSTON. Brooks played well and won! BT and JA did well too! JOLLEY sucks! =D>

Jolly is complete garbage. He is useless. JA and BT showed up, I agree. Makes you wonder what they were doing the last 8 weeks.

I'm glad I watched this game. It was great seeing Bolly get a win, and it was great watching BJ Askew, after 3 years, finally get in a game.

FCK YOU HERM YOU POS.

I'm glad I watched this game. It was great seeing Bolly get a win, and it was great watching BJ Askew, after 3 years, finally get in a game.

FCK YOU HERM YOU POS.

BJ Askew is the answer. Go dig up Barry Word and we will get the 2 fullback thing going. We will POWER over everyone.

i guess running your mouth only gets you so far. Jordan went from a now-garbage team to a mediocre team so not much has fared for him. But he is on my fantasy team and if he would like to rush for 150 and 3 TDs next week I would glady appreciate it. :mrgreen:

How about you all get off LaMont's dick finally and realize that he is NOTHING and NEVER will be a quality starting RB. Yes, I know he ran over defenses when they were tired in the 4th quarter and he was fresh after being in for 2 or 3 plays the rest of the game, but comeon guys. :roll:

Jordan Sucks, period.

Name G Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD

Curtis Martin 12 220 735 61.3 3.3 5

LaMont Jordan 13 247 893 68.7 3.6 9

Rather comparable. I would even go to suggest that LaMont's running style works better with the Jets than it does with the Raiders. And he's scored more TD's. And that's something the Jets have lacked... offensive production. From any of the positions.

Name G Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD

Curtis Martin 12 220 735 61.3 3.3 5

LaMont Jordan 13 247 893 68.7 3.6 9

Rather comparable. I would even go to suggest that LaMont's running style works better with the Jets than it does with the Raiders. And he's scored more TD's. And that's something the Jets have lacked... offensive production. From any of the positions.

So pay top dollar for another mediocre back?

How about you all get off LaMont's d!ck finally and realize that he is NOTHING and NEVER will be a quality starting RB. Yes, I know he ran over defenses when they were tired in the 4th quarter and he was fresh after being in for 2 or 3 plays the rest of the game, but comeon guys. :roll:

Jordan Sucks, period.

Yeah, 893 yards rushing and nine touchdowns to go with 65 receptions for 523 yards and two more touchdowns is ******* terrible. Curtis was doing MUCH better. :roll:

Yeah, 893 yards rushing and nine touchdowns to go with 65 receptions for 523 yards and two more touchdowns is farging terrible. Curtis was doing MUCH better. :roll:

Wait a minute Troll-Wasn't it you that said Lamont would be like letting Priest Holmes go? Sorry if that was not you, or what you said,

But, a 3.6 average is not Prioest Holmes numbers.

Lamont is JAG. Not worthy of a huge salary. I don't see tyhe justification of giving him big bucks

2005 Oakland Raiders 13 13 65 523 8.0 28 2 4 0 24

If you're going to knock the guy, you've got to tell the whole story. 523 yds recieving. 11 touchdowns. and he's got to share touches with randy moss and jerry porter. Oh, and if you didn't notice yesterday, the Raiders OL is turnstyle-city.

In equity, having Moss and Porter as receivers allows you to spread defenses downfield, giving a lot of room for a RB to catch passes.

Give him credit, he has caught those passes and done something with them, but there has been room.

In equity, having Moss and Porter as receivers allows you to spread defenses downfield, giving a lot of room for a RB to catch passes.

Give him credit, he has caught those passes and done something with them, but there has been room.

Maybe you should check Jerry's and Randy's stats. Lamont is having one hell of a season, despite being on the Lions West.

Maybe you should check Jerry's and Randy's stats. Lamont is having one hell of a season, despite being on the Lions West.

Did you see th eplayers trailing Moss yesterday? They double him every play, and teh Jets aren't the only team to do that.

LJ is NOT having a great year running the ball-which Oakland is paying him to do. At least, they are not getting their return.

Plus, LJ continues to show that he can be a malcontent that is interested in himself first, team second.

Ha Martin ever gone public with the # of carries he has gotten? Jordan has done that several times this year.

Bottom line, is Jordan teh type of back that you pay "franchise RB" money for? Noty from what I have seen this year.

Maybe that will change, but his situation in Oakland is not terrible for a RB, as a whole

Actually, I didn't see the game yesterday. I live in Detroit. I don't get to see the Jets play often, if at all. And, it doesn't shock me that Randy Moss was outrunning the entire Jets defense. He is the best player in the NFL, after all. If not the best, at least top three. That being said, you made it sound like LaMont's stats were inflated by being on the same team as Randy, which isn't true. It'd show up in his rushing stats, if that were the case. He's a dual threat, rushing and receiving. While he was overpaid, he's still not as bad as some people on this board make him out to be. There were a ton of problems with that Raiders team. Running back isn't one of them now. He's going to have over 1000 yards rushing. He'll have close to 700 yards receiving. He has 11 TD's, as of today, and probably will end up with 15 or so. Which isn't bad for your first year of starting. He's 15th in the league in rushing. 8th in the league in rushing TD's. Second in receiving yards for a RB.

While he may not be elite right now, there's no reason to think he won't be considered a top ten back, in the future. And, it's ignorant to think he wouldn't help the Jets, considering how often they like to throw to backs, and how they like to run. I feel he's a better fit for the Jets offense, than Curtis is, at this time. But hey... it doesn't really matter now, does it?

Actually, I didn't see the game yesterday. I live in Detroit. I don't get to see the Jets play often, if at all. And, it doesn't shock me that Randy Moss was outrunning the entire Jets defense. He is the best player in the NFL, after all. If not the best, at least top three. That being said, you made it sound like LaMont's stats were inflated by being on the same team as Randy, which isn't true. It'd show up in his rushing stats, if that were the case. He's a dual threat, rushing and receiving. While he was overpaid, he's still not as bad as some people on this board make him out to be. There were a ton of problems with that Raiders team. Running back isn't one of them now. He's going to have over 1000 yards rushing. He'll have close to 700 yards receiving. He has 11 TD's, as of today, and probably will end up with 15 or so. Which isn't bad for your first year of starting. He's 15th in the league in rushing. 8th in the league in rushing TD's. Second in receiving yards for a RB.

While he may not be elite right now, there's no reason to think he won't be considered a top ten back, in the future. And, it's ignorant to think he wouldn't help the Jets, considering how often they like to throw to backs, and how they like to run. I feel he's a better fit for the Jets offense, than Curtis is, at this time. But hey... it doesn't really matter now, does it?

In watching Jordan, he has a propensity to want to best it outside at every opportunity, even if it isn't there. He is not a very patient runner, and does not wait for his blocking to evolve.

Can he get better-Certainly.

The only way I can look at Lamont now is to ask whether we should hve signed him and kept him on teh Jets. The answer to that question today (based on what he signed with Oakland for, and what we have seen of him in a full-time role this year), is no.

To me RB is a position that is a dime a dozen in the NFL. Except for an elite few, on a year to year basis, everyone lumps pretty closely in the next level.

What distinguishes a Lamont form a Dom Davis, Thomas Jones or a Reuben Droughns? Not a lot at this point. And he is past a lot more than those guys, from what I know.

Asa Jet fan, all we have left to talk about LJ is-Was it a mistake to let him go at that salary?

Today, that answer has to be "No". Maybe that changes

What distinguishes a Lamont form a Dom Davis, Thomas Jones or a Reuben Droughns? Not a lot at this point. And he is past a lot more than those guys, from what I know.

Asa Jet fan, all we have left to talk about LJ is-Was it a mistake to let him go at that salary?

Today, that answer has to be "No". Maybe that changes

I can understand your sentiment. About RB's being a dime a dozen. While LaMont isn't LT or Shaun Alexander (whom I'm not too high on, considering that line Seattle has. The same reason I don't mention Larry Johnson), he's still a damn good back. He's not top ten, but he's top 15. And he's a receiving threat.

He has the tools to be a great back in this league. And he'd fit the Jets, like a glove... but at the salary he's making, with Curtis and Chad and all the other high salaries on this team? That's the real question, and it would not have made sense to keep him, though he may have been the better option.

Archived