Jets have highest average ticket in the league

T0mShane

Getcha PSLs ready.

Jets have highest ticket prices

Darren Rovell [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | September 6, 2012

The New York Jets can at least call themselves champions in one category: ticket prices.

The Jets have the highest average, non-premium ticket price in the league at $117.94, according to Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index, which was released Thursday afternoon.

The Jets topped the Patriots, who have sold out every game since 1994, by 10 cents ($117.84).

In its annual survey, Team Marketing Report found that the average NFL ticket, purchased from a team, will cost $78.38 this season, up 2.5 percent from last year. The average cost to bring a family to the game and buy four regular tickets (not suite or club), two beers, four hot dogs, parking, program and two adult size hats is $443.93, up 3.9 percent from last year.

Besides the Jets and Patriots, three other teams have non-suite tickets that are selling for more than $100: New York Giants ($111.69), Chicago Bears ($110.91) and Dallas Cowboys ($110.20).

The teams with the cheapest average tickets: Cleveland Browns ($54.20), Buffalo Bills ($58.36) and Jacksonville Jaguars ($59.54).

TMR says 10 teams raised ticket prices by at least one percent this year, up from the nine that dared to make increases coming into the lockout last season. The largest increase? The Chicago Bears at 9.3 percent. The average cost of a beer at a game is up 15 cents from last year to $7.28, the study found.

its pathetic to hear jets season tix commercials every 15 minutes on WFAN....this is Jaguar and Buccaneer territory.....PATHETIC!!

if i paid a psl and heard that they were selling season tix for $50 bucks a game i would probably go "Falling Down" on my ticket rep but thats just me.

i feel full of shame when they come on the radio

Thank God this will be offset by the championship Tebow will lead us to.

That and the perennial playoff games, as well the annual hosting the AFC title game. PSLs-a GREAT DEAL!

Leon Hess never ahd to advertise and the stadium from the lale 1970s on was sold out. Wonder who in the Jets' "braintrust" grovels to theNFL office to avoid a blackout. Hope it's one of the douchebags who told Mr. Robert Woody Johnson IV that PSLs wee a good idea. Good work, Woody!

Highest ticket price.

Not sold out for home opener.

LOL.

At least we're not Tampa where they are blacked out yet again....

We're not Tampa- yet. It doesn't hurt that the NFL office does not want to blackout either of the NY teams.

Listened to a bit of The Radio Veal. He went rather flaccid on the Jints and was harder on their fans for booing the Giants at halftime. If the Jets did something similar, he would've ripped the crap out fo them. What is lost on the media when it comes to both these teams is that the expense and pain in the ass of going to the game means neither fanbase has a lot of patience for crappy football. If you're going to charge people that much and pratically torture them on the way in and on the way out, don't be shocked that they won't react politely to a losing team.

As an aside-the security to get ito the lot and into the stadium borders on a Kafka novel. It has NOTHING to do with real security.Treat your customers like garbage and you can expect they won't rush back.

Archived