Rex deserves to be fired today for not putting in Tebow at QB

Blackout

why is Sanchez's dumbass still in there right now?

Rex deserves to be fired and I never thought I'd say that. I am a huge believer in the man's defense but his offensive decisions and co-signs are HORRIBLE. We have no red zone target now that Plax is gone but maybe that's okay because this Jets team will never see the red zone anyway.

No. He really doesn't.

He does have his issues though...The first four games of the season they have allowed 20+ points in every game. And teams are killing him against the run.

i'm not saying I EXPECT rex to be fired but seriously, we have ZERO FREAKING CHANCE with Sanchez

why is there just a problem with trying TEBOW when we were down 17-0? he could have lead us to a score to keep us in the game but noooo Rex has to start his boy toy Sanchez.

Rex must love Mark's feet.

edit: made a typo

i'm not saying I EXPECT rex to be fired but seriously, we have ZERO FREAKING CHANCE with Sanchez

why is there just a problem with trying Sanchez when we were down 17-0? he could have lead us to a score to keep us in the game but noooo Rex has to start his boy toy Sanchez.

Rex must love Mark's feet.

Because Tim Tebow is literally incapable of throwing? The guy went like 4 or 5 games last year completing under 10 passes.

Tebow is not an NFL QB. Sanchez is not an NFL QB. Start McElroy and see if he is an NFL QB. If none of the three are NFL QBs then you need to Fire Tannenbaum and draft a couple of QBs.

at least tebow can lead his team to wins though

Sanchez? he peaked in 09 sadly

So Rex's response to this game is that the players won't come to the facility Monday and Tuesday so they can do some soul searching. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! You give them two days off after this bullsh*t?! MAKE THEM WORK EARLY TOMORROW!

agreed. make them come in at 8 am and leave at 11 pm!!

Anytime in the last quarter there was no reason whatsoever not to let Tebow get some practice.

Are we saving him for best? When's that gonna be?

Why are we paying him a wage if we have no faith in him?

A merchandise money maker and nothing more.

agreed sir! i agree 100%

So Rex's response to this game is that the players won't come to the facility Monday and Tuesday so they can do some soul searching. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! You give them two days off after this bullsh*t?! MAKE THEM WORK EARLY TOMORROW!

Yes, that pissed me off too. Like that's going to fix anything. What's most disturbing is Rex "I dont know". He doesn't know what's wrong with this team and why they aren't executing?

What he's saying is that Tebow is an even worse QB. They all need to be fired/released from this team and someone who is interested in winning football games should buy this team from Woody.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Unfortunately this team has never had that kind of ownership, and I doubt Woody is seling anytime soon.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Unfortunately this team has never had that kind of ownership, and I doubt Woody is seling anytime soon.

Some friends and I have unfortunately purchased some tickets already. The only thing im looking foward to is tailgating. This team is the f'ing worst on every possible level and im no longer interested in supporting an organization that is only about turning a profit. I now understand why Joe Namath is so important to this organization. He represents a time in which the jets were about winning

WHat would have Tebow done. His one throw looked like it barely made it. If he had hit Epps in his stride it would have been a big gainer!

Since we are at a point where the top 2 WR's are out of the game and Keller cannot play I would like to see a lot more Wilcat and throwing from Tebow in that formation. Whats the worse we can do ? Get shutout at home ?

Some friends and I have unfortunately purchased some tickets already. The only thing im looking foward to is tailgating. This team is the f'ing worst on every possible level and im no longer interested in supporting an organization that is only about turning a profit. I now understand why Joe Namath is so important to this organization. He represents a time in which the jets were about winning

Yes that's the other part of it $. If everyone stopped going to the games, buying merchandise, $10 beers and all the other rip off food, $50 to park (or whatever it is now) things would change in a hurry. But unfortunately that will never happen in New York. The only other recourse is to publicly humiliate and bsh Woody. The press itself will have a lot of that covered, but now the fans really need to do something. Everyone with bags over their heads is a start. Boycott Johnson & Johnson products, etc. But I doubt any of that happens.

Has anyone seen Tebow play QB this year??? Does he have negative yards? lol But I actually wish they would just start Tebow, so that I can officially write this season off.....a la the Brooks Bollinger year...and spare myself this circus that's starting to bring back memories of the Kotite era.......no, not even the Coslett era....that was the f---ing Kotite era today!!

When teams are up or down by 25-35 halfway through the 4th quarter they pull the starting QB even if there is NO controversy. If Rex truly believes in Sanchez then it's inexcusable to leave him in there for meaningless snaps. If there is a chance, in his mind, that Tebow may have to take over at some point then it's inexcusable to not give him some live reps. So there is no defending Rex for keeping Sanchez in for the whole game.

The only possible reason I can come up with is he's worried about Mark's feelings, and the horror situation of facing the prospect of someone else not doing nearly as horribly (or even worse, seeing the whole team come to life when Mopey Mark is out of the huddle). He's afraid of creating a controversy if someone else outplays Mark, so the only way of guaranteeing 100% that doesn't happen is to never play anyone else.

Would anyone take Drew Hanson right now? lol I swear that Tim Tebow move HAS to be on the all-time idiocy list on so many f---in levels. Now THAT is a reason to be canned.....except for the fact that it was never supposed to be a good football move. It was Woody saying 'get him' we'll worry about it later. When I started to lose my respect for Rex (and what just poured another layer of cement on my disrespect for the accountant) is when he tried to tell us that he was all for that move. Because he was either pissing on our leg and blaming the weather or he is a flat-out imbecile.....and while I believe he is a chip off the old 'good DC/sh*tty coach' block, I don't think he is that dumb. Neither are we. Come on, Denver dressed him up and put him in the window and the ONLY TWO teams that even stopped to look were us and Jax???!! lmao and I don't think Jax had football on the brain either....in fact, I dont even think it was the team management that contacted Elway, I think it was the marketing team....the guys that book the Village People to do half time so for God's sake they could get a few people in the stands.

WHen you think about it, it was pretty much a dick move for Woody Allen to pull on poor Jax. This douche get the highest price tickets in the league, sells out all the time and he cant throw them a f---in bone??? Reason # (lost count) why that was the worst sports move of the Century so far.

Tebow is not an NFL QB. Sanchez is not an NFL QB. Start McElroy and see if he is an NFL QB. If none of the three are NFL QBs then you need to Fire Tannenbaum and draft a couple of QBs.

Well said, totally agree. Tebow had his glory days last year with a much better Denver team. He doesnt scare anyone anymore, yesterdays news. Sanchez is just a little paper mache QB who will never amount to anything. A 4yr. veteran and his best days are behind him, unbelievable. Put in McElroy, why not? The offense is putrid whats the difference at this point?

Well said, totally agree. Tebow had his glory days last year with a much better Denver team. He doesnt scare anyone anymore, yesterdays news. Sanchez is just a little paper mache QB who will never amount to anything. A 4yr. veteran and his best days are behind him, unbelievable. Put in McElroy, why not? The offense is putrid whats the difference at this point?

I'm not a follower of Tebowism, but last year Denver's WRs dropped the ball more than the 2012 Jets receivers. It had a major impact on his completion percentage. The rest, of course, was due to his limited ability to throw a football straight.

Archived