Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Felton needs surgery this is a tremendous opportunity. Obviously you'd prefer it be through good coaching decisions rather than injury, but our lineup just replaced its least productive player with increased minutes for Kidd, Prigioni, and Brewer. As soon as some combination of Amare's return, Copeland's continued emergence, and a little more run for Thomas puts an end to this Carmelo at the 4 horsesh*t, this team is going to be lethal.

If Felton needs surgery this is a tremendous opportunity. Obviously you'd prefer it be through good coaching decisions rather than injury, but our lineup just replaced its least productive player with increased minutes for Kidd, Prigioni, and Brewer. As soon as some combination of Amare's return, Copeland's continued emergence, and a little more run for Thomas puts an end to this Carmelo at the 4 horsesh*t, this team is going to be lethal.

kid-from-kid-n-play-high-top-fade-530x422.jpg?w=300&h=238

The Knicks really caught a much deserved break with the injury bug this time around. Minor stuff during what's an easy month, and Melo out during a week-long stretch against crappy teams. I'd like to see Camby get some extended minutes tonight. Didn't catch the Phoenix game but his stat line was solid for limited time and I actually thought he looked better against LA than he did before he was deactivated again in Nov. And if there's a team to try Camby and Chandler on the court together against, it's the Kings. If he can actually rebound from what's been a really dissapointing start that's going to be huge for the Knicks. IMO he's going to need to play himself back into shape and this is a great time to do it with the schedule being what it is. I still say the guy can ball, there's simply no way a guy falls off this badly within the course of a year and IMO it had to be the foot.

Knicks just threw that game away. Sickening loss. Turned the ball over late and missed a ton of free throws.

Third game this season the team wouldve won if Melo played.

Camby looked awesome at least. And Copeland, again. That's what I'm taking away from that.

God dammit that would have been a classic. sh*t.

Camby looked awesome at least. And Copeland, again. That's what I'm taking away from that.

God dammit that would have been a classic. sh*t.

I agree. Camby and Copeland are adding quality depth.

I just hate giving games away with Melo out because they need these games for seeding

I agree. Camby and Copeland are adding quality depth.

I just hate giving games away with Melo out because they need these games for seeding

Team's been playing like crap lately, no doubt. They haven't put together a consistent 4 quarters since the Brooklyn game. The good news is they have off till next Tuesday and Melo should hopefully be 100% by then. If anything the past couple weeks have shown just how damn valuable Melo is to this team. Night and day when he's out. I wasn't sure about it before but after watching the change in everything I think he really might be worthy of the MVP discussion. Don't know what you got 'till it's gone I guess.

yeah but like 6-4 the last 10 right ? when is shumpert coming back ? melo ?

Early problems with perimeter D with Felton out. Looked like they finally figured stuff out against the Kings during the second half though, so cross your fingers. Melo is back on Tues. Shump is supposed to start practicing with the team soon which means late Jan at the earliest. Amare's probably back within two weeks.

Melo practiced today, but said he doesn't have the same lift on his jumper because of his left knee. Says he has 24hrs, but doesn't sound like he'll play tomorrow. Crap. Hope they can win tomorrow without him.

I want him completely healthy, but they can't keep giving games away like the Kings and Rockets at home because he's out.

Also, JR has been the Knicks best offensive player with Melo out which is scary because we can't count on JR to bring it every night. He can go 2-13 on Tuesday and kill the team.

Early problems with perimeter D with Felton out. Looked like they finally figured stuff out against the Kings during the second half though, so cross your fingers. Melo is back on Tues. Shump is supposed to start practicing with the team soon which means late Jan at the earliest. Amare's probably back within two weeks.

cool thanks

It is time to be concerned. The D has taken a big step back.

Odds are this is a 3 game losing streak with Spurs coming to town on Thursday.

Meh, we were all expecting a skid around this time of the year. Go back in this thread and you'll see that the whole lot of us were predicting a rough patch around Jan/Feb. I don't think it's time to worry just yet, the Felton injury has leveled the defense on the perimeter and now they have some kinks to work out with Amare. They'll be fine, this is how seasons work with good teams. The time to worry isn't when they start playing poorly, it's when they go for more than 15-20 games without figuring anything out or if it happens right before the playoffs.

Meh, we were all expecting a skid around this time of the year. Go back in this thread and you'll see that the whole lot of us were predicting a rough patch around Jan/Feb. I don't think it's time to worry just yet, the Felton injury has leveled the defense on the perimeter and now they have some kinks to work out with Amare. They'll be fine, this is how seasons work with good teams. The time to worry isn't when they start playing poorly, it's when they go for more than 15-20 games without figuring anything out or if it happens right before the playoffs.

Oh, I agree. That's why I used the word "concerned" rather than worried.

They are in a 3-5 stretch in the last 8. I'd would be a positive step to be .500 in this down stretch, which they can be with 2 more wins, which is possible. They have to play better D.

Ultimately, I'm not worried. I'd just hate for this bad 8 game stretch to balloon into something more, which would be your 15-20 games scenario. This is a crossroads. Generally, good teams had "bad" stretches where they're .500 over a 10 to 16 game period and then put together a winning streak to build themselves up again. Hopefully the Knicks will do that.

Oh, I agree. That's why I used the word "concerned" rather than worried.

They are in a 3-5 stretch in the last 8. I'd would be a positive step to be .500 in this down stretch, which they can be with 2 more wins, which is possible. They have to play better D.

Ultimately, I'm not worried. I'd just hate for this bad 8 game stretch to balloon into something more, which would be your 15-20 games scenario. This is a crossroads. Generally, good teams had "bad" stretches where they're .500 over a 10 to 16 game period and then put together a winning streak to build themselves up again. Hopefully the Knicks will do that.

It's why those early season wins are so important. Gives you a ton of leeway to figure stuff out when you hit patches like this. I'll start to worry if they haven't figured out some of these interior defensive problems by Feb. The perimeter problems had to be expected once Smith's role got changed and Prigs had to take on a larger role. From what I've seen so far the problems stem from spacing right now, which may have to do with the injuries and extended minutes for guys who normally wouldn't get them, but it also may be a product of game film building up on the team. I think it's more the former than the latter because miscommunication on the court has been the reason for the skid more so than what other teams are doing. The Sacramento game was pretty clear on that, the Kings came out red hot and were shooting 70% from the arc for the entire first half. When a team gets that hot from 3 you have to start pressing them hard on the perimeter and it looked like Woodson was calling for that but nobody knew where they were supposed to be.

That's the rub though, in the 2nd half they really started to figure things out but that winds up all for naught because tonight Melo and Amare come back in the same game after they just were already trying to get Camby extended time for the past couple games, ditto for Copeland. So just when some of these guys started to click, you're starting all over again. It's going to be like this for the next month or two with Felton and Shump also. Woodson is a good coach and I suspect with Kidd in the locker room they should be able to remain calm throughout everything, so in theory they should be able to play their way out of this once they weather the storm.

Archived