Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

I just clicked on that link. First time I've really seen a twitter account. That is hands down the stupidest invention in the history of man kind.

JR Smith is a moron.

Knicks are playing with fire with him and Melo being option 1 and option 1A as I've been saying all long. Live by the jump shot...die by the jump shot.

Melo is just hard to root for.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

defense won the game last night...shot selection and lack if ball movement is still an issue.

Agreed. Knicks had something like 11 assists. Felton's return will help alleviate that.

Yes, he took too many shots before, but the problem with that is that he was missing too many layups. With his injured hand he was averaging something like 5 missed rim shots a game. But we with that he was good for 7 assists per game.

Chandler will mainly benefit from Felton's return which will open up the court.

Agreed. Knicks had something like 11 assists. Felton's return will help alleviate that.

Yes, he took too many shots before, but the problem with that is that he was missing too many layups. With his injured hand he was averaging something like 5 missed rim shots a game. But we with that he was good for 7 assists per game.

Chandler will mainly benefit from Felton's return which will open up the court.

We'll see. Its good to see them beat a good team while not having their A game. Actually far from it...

We'll see. Its good to see them beat a good team while not having their A game. Actually far from it...

Shump's D in the last 2 minutes was outstanding. Rondo could do nothing with him on him and that caused the last 2 turnovers to seal the victory.

Shump's D in the last 2 minutes was outstanding. Rondo could do nothing with him on him and that caused the last 2 turnovers to seal the victory.

Yep.

I agree with Matt, great to see them win not playing good ball. Especially on the road.

Most encouraging thing on the night - STAT rebounding and playing physical (by his standards).

STAT had arguably his best game since being back; that tip-in during the last minute of regulation was a huge play. If Woodson is going to close games out with Melo, STAT and Chandler on the floor, Amare is going to have to win those one on one battles like he was doing at boston to make up for the lack of floor spacing without the three point shooters on the floor. It's very easy for teams to sink down and bottle up the Knicks when they're spacing is lacking with those three guys, but if Amare can consistently play like that, he can very well remain on the floor to close out games. However, I think come playoff time you're going to possibly see Sheed or Camby out their instead.

Speaking of sheed, the rumors are that this he only has so many games left on that leg of his and the team is basically going to rest him until the playoffs, or just before. This will probably be his last season due to the stress reaction, but I was definitely more than impressed with how he was performing prior to the injury.

I'm eager to see how our defense looks with shumpert and felton on the court at the same time and able to finally check both teams opposing guards; as much as I love kidd, he just can't gaurd the elite ones and twos any more.

Build around Carmelo Anthony and JR Smith.....

Lol, would have bet dollars to pennies you'd be the first to post after that game. Melo and JR were absolutely awful, no denying it, but the entire team, except Amare, had their worst night shooting as a whole. I know Pop would have taken these guys out, but I'm of the belief you do not bench a shooter for being in a slump, let them finish the game out and hopefully shoot out of it. With the news of Rondo's possible torn ACL, it seems that it'll remain between us and brooklyn for the division. It was a disgusting game on both ends of the court, but we knew a lul of .500 basketball was going to happen, which is what made the beginning of the season so important. Let's see how Woody tries to fix it.

Love the MSG broadcasts that have these constant 'the Knicks are going to get healthy when x comes back'. This is an old team by design. These guys getting hurt is a given and everyone associated with this bunch oif geriatrics knew it on day 1. And they did it becaause they figure if they can milk the last decent days of Kidd and Camby they could steal a title.

Melo with a typical Melo play. At some point youd think he'd grow up.

LOL, you never stop

He carried the team and won the game and all you do is bitch. It's pathetic. Of all things to post about after last night's game.

It's Matt39 troll time!!!

LOL, you never stop

He carried the team and won the game and all you do is bitch. It's pathetic. Of all things to post about after last night's game.

It's Matt39 troll time!!!

Youre right. Forget reality, Knicks will shoot 60% from behind the arc for the rest of the season!

Knicks won by two in a game they didnt miss from three. Their defense has been terrible recently and their offense is heavy iso/stand around. Its a cause for concern.

If they draw Indiana or CHicago early in the playoffs they arent beating them playing like that.

Youre right. Forget reality, Knicks will shoot 60% from behind the arc for the rest of the season!

Knicks won by two in a game they didnt miss from three. Their defense has been terrible recently and their offense is heavy iso/stand around. Its a cause for concern.

If they draw Indiana or CHicago early in the playoffs they arent beating them playing like that.

What am I right about? That you're a trolling jackass that alienates everyone in this dread with your anti-Knick drivel?

I didn't mention the Knicks porous D (which MUST improve). I also didn't mention their hot shooting from behind the arc.

So, what are you agreeing with me about?

I simply pointed out that you chose to make a post about Melo's tech (which will likely get rescinded, BTW), in the midst of him tying a franchise record on 3s and consecutive games of 20+ points, and carrying the team to victory when no one of the team could play D. The fact that you would make that your single post on the game is telling.

What am I right about? That you're a trolling jackass that alienates everyone in this dread with your anti-Knick drivel?

I didn't mention the Knicks porous D (which MUST improve). I also didn't mention their hot shooting from behind the arc.

So, what are you agreeing with me about?

I simply pointed out that you chose to make a post about Melo's tech (which will likely get rescinded, BTW), in the midst of him tying a franchise record on 3s and consecutive games of 20+ points, and carrying the team to victory when no one of the team could play D. The fact that you would make that your single post on the game is telling.

You guys are so sensitive. Knicks havent won a playoff series in 12 years, have the same bad habits they've had the past two seaons, and Im trolling. Ok.

Melo's tech was pathetic. Close game, gets poked in the eye and slams the ball down? Really? You're defending that? You were probably cheering on Dolan putting the boom mics on the floor so opponents would be nicer to Carmelo. It could have easily cost them the game.

You guys are so sensitive. Knicks havent won a playoff series in 12 years, have the same bad habits they've had the past two seaons, and Im trolling. Ok.

Melo's tech was pathetic. Close game, gets poked in the eye and slams the ball down? Really? You're defending that? You were probably cheering on Dolan putting the boom mics on the floor so opponents would be nicer to Carmelo. It could have easily cost them the game.

Your extrapolation efforts are absurd.

You're trolling because the Knicks could do 9 things right, 1 thing perceived wrong, and all your posts focus on that 1 thing. That's classic trolling. It has nothing to do with being senstitive and everything with you being a Knicks thread black hole in which all light gets sucked in and there is nothing left but darkness.

As to the tech, it was a bad call by the refs and, like I said, likely be rescinded like other techs have been. I have no idea if you read basketball sites in general, rather then focus your vitriol only at the Knicks, but there is a big issue with officiating throughout the league. The NBA is concerned with its aging veteran officiating crews so they are trying to bring in younger refs to work with crews. These younger refs are calling more fouls and more techs than the vets and, as such, the NBA has to rescind many of them. They also have to bring in veteran officials in key games because the new ones are so bad.

Also on the D woes, some of it has to be attributed to STAT's increased playing time. He's awful on D, but has been getting better. He is often clueless out there on the defensive end and many of the points in the paint given up is when he is on the floor.

He says he's working hard on it and we have seen some improvement, but it has yet to be seen if it will be significant.

If STAT improves and Shump's minutes increase, then the D will get better as well.

Yeah, the Bucs always give the Knicks problems.

Hopefully the team adhere's to Woodson's perimeter defense insistance and they get the job done.

If the Knicks win tonight they'll hit a season high watermark of 14 games over .500. The Knicks have a chance to increase their division cushion leading up to the All-Star break.

M-V-P

I would go as far as saying that he's just as important to this team's chances of winning a championship as Melo is. Apparently Woody sat him down a few games ago and said he didn't think he was practicing or giving it his all the last few weeks, be it in practice or games. Chandler responded with 21 points on 11 shots, 7 boards and 5 assists and followed it up with his 9 pts on 6 shots, 20 rebounds (8 offensives) and 2 blocks. The dude is an absolute beast.

*I also have to give Amare his props, as he's taken his bench role better than any previous superstar in recent memory. He realizes he's closing games out and a valuable cog in this rotation. I'll look for the numbers too and even though they are a small sample-size, he's posted up something like 30% of the time, taken a tenth of the isos and is more efficient in every category compared to last year. If extrapolated it was said Amare would be the 10th most efficient post-up scorer in the league. Yes, a very small sample size, but he's been playing off of the ball and posting-up a lot more than ever and I just feel he should be commended for it. Not to mention you can see noticeable differences in his defense; the short minutes he's been on the court this year, the defense is actually giving up less pts per possession than when he's off and scoring at a much higher clip per possession as well.

30-15, 18-6 at home, top 10 in offensive and defensive scoring, first in division and tied for first in conference.

First time in over 10 yrs the Knicks are at least 15 games over .500. Great first half of the season.

I would go as far as saying that he's just as important to this team's chances of winning a championship as Melo is. Apparently Woody sat him down a few games ago and said he didn't think he was practicing or giving it his all the last few weeks, be it in practice or games. Chandler responded with 21 points on 11 shots, 7 boards and 5 assists and followed it up with his 9 pts on 6 shots, 20 rebounds (8 offensives) and 2 blocks. The dude is an absolute beast.

*I also have to give Amare his props, as he's taken his bench role better than any previous superstar in recent memory. He realizes he's closing games out and a valuable cog in this rotation. I'll look for the numbers too and even though they are a small sample-size, he's posted up something like 30% of the time, taken a tenth of the isos and is more efficient in every category compared to last year. If extrapolated it was said Amare would be the 10th most efficient post-up scorer in the league. Yes, a very small sample size, but he's been playing off of the ball and posting-up a lot more than ever and I just feel he should be commended for it. Not to mention you can see noticeable differences in his defense; the short minutes he's been on the court this year, the defense is actually giving up less pts per possession than when he's off and scoring at a much higher clip per possession as well.

Good post.

also

I have to offer a mea culpa to yourself and SMC. I went to a Knicks game last night for the first time and years, and wow, I forgot how awesome MSG was. The renovations are tremendous. I had fun rooting for the Knicks for the first time in forever.

Good post.

also

I have to offer a mea culpa to yourself and SMC. I went to a Knicks game last night for the first time and years, and wow, I forgot how awesome MSG was. The renovations are tremendous. I had fun rooting for the Knicks for the first time in forever.

That's a good sign. :D

The Garden experience is great when the team is winning. They're up by 40+ and the arena is still packed and they're cheering loudly in the 4th quarter. Even Breem and Clyde were mentioning it. When the Knicks are good the Garden is like a 3 hr party.

Archived