Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the rub though, in the 2nd half they really started to figure things out but that winds up all for naught because tonight Melo and Amare come back in the same game after they just were already trying to get Camby extended time for the past couple games, ditto for Copeland. So just when some of these guys started to click, you're starting all over again. It's going to be like this for the next month or two with Felton and Shump also. Woodson is a good coach and I suspect with Kidd in the locker room they should be able to remain calm throughout everything, so in theory they should be able to play their way out of this once they weather the storm.

I can't find the article, but if you look at Synergy it has the Knicks ranked in the bottom 5 teams defensively for the first half, 8th best in the second half and they jump up to the 3rd best defense overall in the 4th quarter. I think it's time Woodson starts giving pre-game half-time speeches, as it's not a talent issue.

Amare stating today that up until Woodson he'd never even been taught defense. Too funny. But yeah, Melo and effort was the problem under D'A.

He's said this a few times throughout his career and mentioned that he was never taught defense in high school or the pros, but this was the first time he's really talked up a defensive coach and somewhat slighted D'An. This late in his career I'm not asking for any miracles as the guy literally has no defensive instincts, but if he can just learn to not be a detriment to the team on the defensive end, it'll make his minutes and offensive game that much more valuable.

FYI: I can't tell if it was the 10 day long break from anything school related or completely ignoring the football forum on this site, but I noticed a drastic increase in my happiness and a noticeable downtick in my snarkiness.

wow

didn't see that coming

spurs rested their studs, but duncan was a -2 in 24 minutes so even when they played the NYK shut them down

Duncan most likely was going to rest more, but Pop said in the post-game that he knew it just wasn't their night early on and decided to rest the guys before he usually would.

I hope last night's win is a true sign they righted the ship because January & February are going to be the cushion months where the Knicks can pad their record.

March is going to be brutal with 18 games (most of any month this season), 10 road games, a killing 5 road games in 8 days, and 6 back-to-backs.

That's when they need everyone healthy so they can survive that and get ready for the playoffs with only 10 games in April.

Knicks have an interesting record breakdown thus far. They are 8-3 against would-be playoff teams in the Eastern Conference and 4-3 against would-be playoff teams in the West.

They are 5-0 against nonplayoff Teams in the East and 5-4 against nonplayoff teams in the West.

I got tickets to the game against the Pacers next week and if all stays well I'll be going. We're gonna try to get inside ASAP and I'll see if I can get some pictures to post in here. My brother is dead set on attempting to talk to Shump. We're 13 rows up so I'm not sure how feasible that will be.

In any case, I'll be the guy in the Jets stocking cap and the white Novak shirt if you want to look for me on TV. If I get a camera on me, I'm gonna do this:

laker_fan_dudes.gif

Good win tonight. Need to accumulate these type of wins. Magic came to play and Nelaon was nuts out there. But Melo was Melo and scored 16 points in 4th while Magic scored 17.

And like I mentioned, 5-5 in their "bad" 10 game stretch which is a good thing. Now time to get 15 over .500.

Good win tonight. Need to accumulate these type of wins. Magic came to play and Nelaon was nuts out there. But Melo was Melo and scored 16 points in 4th while Magic scored 17.

And like I mentioned, 5-5 in their "bad" 10 game stretch which is a good thing. Now time to get 15 over .500.

Every other quarter was like watching an entirely different game lol; 1st and 3rd quarters we were outscored 70-49 and the 3rd and 4th quarter we outscored them 65-36.

Melo was melo, STAT seems to be improving each time he's out there, Camby is night and day different from when he had the foot issue during the first few games of the season and Kidd was fantastic again. Really excited for Shump to come back so he can check guys like Nelson who are abusing our guards with Felton out. All in all, not that bad of a record in this 10 game stretch, even though they totally gave the two games against Sacramento and Portland away.

Basketball geeks, maybe you guys can figure out why for us ...

Breem brought up something interesting in the broadcast the other night. Ten years ago in the 2002-03 season, there were 25 players averaging 20+ ppg. Five seasons ago (2007-08) there were 27 players averaging 20+ ppg,

This season? Only 9.

Any ideas why?

Miserable loss at home to a bad team. They were bullied tonight. Every time you buy into the knicks they have a game like this...

Yes, bad loss, but if this caused you not to believe in them, then you didn't believe to begin with.

It's 1 game out of 4 and the Knicks still have a 6 game lead in the division.

Melo and JR shot poorly and that's why they lost. They both missed a ton around the basket. They'll have to fix that.

Damn. Sounds like Garnett narrowly avoided a Mardy Collins-like poke-and-run from hardcore Melo.

If it wasn't for the 40 people in between them it would have been a straight gangsta slap fight. Garnett's a 2 guard masquerading as a 4 who's perceived toughness is right up there with the Bigfoot myth, though jury's still out on Bigfoot and Melo is Charmin soft. Would have been epic

If it wasn't for the 40 people in between them it would have been a straight gangsta slap fight. Garnett's a 2 guard masquerading as a 4 who's perceived toughness is right up there with the Bigfoot myth, though jury's still out on Bigfoot and Melo is Charmin soft. Would have been epic

It would have been thirty seconds of two dudes reciting the fight scene from New Jack City at each other.

Archived