Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game

Lily

Wow. Did you really get all this from reading his post. Now you look like your trying a little too hard boy. Not a good sign for you. Damn monkey.

Dumb way to interpret it.

Yes. I did get that all from his post, and trying to hard is a signature of my town play. I usually show my ass as scum when I take what the game gives me and spin it, but when I'm working this hard to flesh out the possible underlying motives behind some of these posts by JIF and AVM, no, not my scum way of playing at all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumb way to interpret it.

Yes. I did get that all from his post, and trying to hard is a signature of my town play. I usually show my ass as scum when I take what the game gives me and spin it, but when I'm working this hard to flesh out the possible underlying motives behind some of these posts by JIF and AVM, no, not my scum way of playing at all.

Read post 594 fur for brains.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Haha, every time I'v nailed you as scum - this has been your most successful counter, pretending you don't get what I'm saying and sitting back while I try to re-explained it 50 times.

GFY.

Here is the problem I (and several others) have with your play, ape. Not that you care.

You are one of the better scum hunters. You also swing and miss badly at times. But you put SO much effort into making sure you can't be called out for it (or called scum MVP as Crush indicated), that you try to make sure there are umpteen dozen excuses as to why it's someone elses fault when you're wrong.

When I flip town, you won't have been wrong. It was that I was playing bad, or I couldn't see things straightly because in YOUR opinion I let my feelings get hurt (lol...it's a game), or whatever other reason bet sticks. If JiF flips town it won't be that you were just wrong...it'll be that JiF is an idiot, or playing bad, or scum MVP.

So given the option of making you look dumb with your if SMC is scum AVM is scum comment...of course I'm going to jump at it. I enjoy watching you squirm trying to come up with a reason why you weren't wrong, it was my fault.

And btw...if I'm just an idiot and just "can't see," then stop responding to me. You wont, though. Because you're playing the game with every response to me just as I am with every response to you.

Heh.

Done waffling I see. I hope it's not lost on anyone that you waited for an Ape train to be popular opinion before making a move. Coward.

As opposed to casting doubt on half the game so you can make a "serious" case? Then if it backfires, call it a trap? LOL

What people? he is the only one voting you. LOL

You said something first, then I voted. I'm pretty sure JiF voted him before I did, too.

Still that makes 3. Quite a stretch to call it the "popular" thing to do, though.

As opposed to casting doubt on half the game so you can make a "serious" case? Then if it backfires, call it a trap? LOL

You said something first, then I voted. I'm pretty sure JiF voted him before I did, too.

Still that makes 3. Quite a stretch to call it the "popular" thing to do, though.

I never voted him. I just unvoted. LOL

I never voted him. I just unvoted. LOL

I know, lol. That's why I only said that you "said" something, not that you voted for him. Only three people were even entertaining the idea of ape as scum. JiF voted first, you said something to which I responded and voted for him.

I'm going to buy SMC's claim for now, moving onto my next suspect Crusher. Seems like he is just trying to get someone lynched yet not get his hands dirty and play both sides. Can't post too much right now though, but vote Crusher.

I put SMC at L2 and forced his claim. Bought his claim for now and unvoted. See ya later.

I28 (4) – Cindy, Basel, JiF, AVM

Sakaea (3) – Leelou, Verbal, 80

SMC (1) – Sakaea

Basel (1) – Ishy

Hatter (1) – SMC

JiF (1) – I28

Crusher (1) - Hatter

Not voting - Crusher

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline Tuesday 5PM MST/7PM EST

What people? he is the only one voting you. LOL

Votes don't matter. Right after you and a couple others started discussing me as suddenly having made a statement that is scummy, he dropped a voted. He waited for the appearance of willingness to vote me by a crowd, then made a move. Also something you see scum do all the time, direct the conversation to a target, then when there is conversational momentum, lay up a vote because it's safe in the midst of a swarming group, and it could perhaps trigger a swing to a new target.

Votes don't matter. Right after you and a couple others started discussing me as suddenly having made a statement that is scummy, he dropped a voted. He waited for the appearance of willingness to vote me by a crowd, then made a move. Also something you see scum do all the time, direct the conversation to a target, then when there is conversational momentum, lay up a vote because it's safe in the midst of a swarming group, and it could perhaps trigger a swing to a new target.

what is the advantage to that?

teach me, please, and i'll do this better next time.

Here is the problem I (and several others) have with your play, ape. Not that you care.

You are one of the better scum hunters. You also swing and miss badly at times. But you put SO much effort into making sure you can't be called out for it (or called scum MVP as Crush indicated), that you try to make sure there are umpteen dozen excuses as to why it's someone elses fault when you're wrong.

When I flip town, you won't have been wrong. It was that I was playing bad, or I couldn't see things straightly because in YOUR opinion I let my feelings get hurt (lol...it's a game), or whatever other reason bet sticks. If JiF flips town it won't be that you were just wrong...it'll be that JiF is an idiot, or playing bad, or scum MVP.

So given the option of making you look dumb with your if SMC is scum AVM is scum comment...of course I'm going to jump at it. I enjoy watching you squirm trying to come up with a reason why you weren't wrong, it was my fault.

And btw...if I'm just an idiot and just "can't see," then stop responding to me. You wont, though. Because you're playing the game with every response to me just as I am with every response to you.

At this point you aren't even discussing things in this game, you are side-track poking my points about what you've been possibly doing in the game with critique of my play in general, which you know stands a good chance of evoking debate, which in turn derails my case.

You have an awful lot to say about my game play, and "having problems with me", and how I usually read you well.... But nothing you are saying really pertains to defending your statements/actions in this game.regarding these accusations, they are full of sh*t.

When I'm wrong I typically apologize and feel like an ass about it. You know that to be far more true than what you just said, CTM, PAC, and others are far more likely to blame others for "playing it wrong" when they are wrong themselves.

You, verbal and SMC have all mis- characterized my tells and typical behaviors this game. Not that it's an indictment, it's just lame and ironic. Especially considering how much I'm being accused of relying on meta.

What is the advantage of scum directing votes and pressure away from themselves and towards a townie in a subtle manner? Gee, I don't know.

i meant what was the advantage in them directing it at one target, and then redirecting it at another...

did i misunderstand what you said?

Everyone have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

this to everyone.

I put SMC at L2 and forced his claim. Bought his claim for now and unvoted. See ya later.

Lets assume SMC is town. You could definitely be mafia who tried to finish his lynch, then saw him claim, and then unvoted to be safe. You're not going anywhere.

No offense Lily, but this game is quickly approaching not fun.

8 people not saying sh*t.

Me trying to get it going.

3 people lecturing me about how I play, and not even getting their facts straight.

This is part of why I stopped playing this summer, I've listened to people tell me how I do this and do that for 2 years. Like I don't have any idea of wha I'm doing? Despite having proven more often than not it works. I'm the only one actually trying to play this game, the rest of you are babbling about nothingness and a few have chosen that being FOS'ed by me is suddenly this unbearable thing that warrants telling me how I should be playing the game. Suspicion, interrogation, threats and manipulation are all part of,this game. I suggest some of you stop acting like first timers and play.

We can talk about technique after the game. I'm always open to constructive criticism then, for now I have to assume my D1 reads are somewhat on point or there wouldn't be such an effort to lie about my playstyle tendencies to discredit me.

So with that said, if you guys want to lynch me for context go for it. You'll see I Am TOWN and then be able to trust the observations I've been making.

3 people lecturing me about how I play, and not even getting their facts straight.

This is part of why I stopped playing this summer, I've listened to people tell me how I do this and do that for 2 years. Like I don't have any idea of wha I'm doing? Despite having proven more often than not it works. I'm the only one actually trying to play this game, the rest of you are babbling about nothingness and a few have chosen that being FOS'ed by me is suddenly this unbearable thing that warrants telling me how I should be playing the game. Suspicion, interrogation, threats and manipulation are all part of,this game. I suggest some of you stop acting like first timers and play.

We can talk about technique after the game. I'm always open to constructive criticism then, for now I have to assume my D1 reads are somewhat on point or there wouldn't be such an effort to lie about my playstyle tendencies to discredit me.

So with that said, if you guys want to lynch me for context go for it. You'll see I Am TOWN and then be able to trust the observations I've been making.

everyone else has a life.

they are gone for the ****ing holiday.

i assume you have one and will shortly disappear.

but the people you want to play with are ****ing well on their way to their beloved families right the **** now and will be the **** away for the next four moth ****ing days.

so you can try to pull rage out of your ass at your self, at those non present, or you can either interact with me on whatever abusive level you choose or ignore me entirely.

i really don't ****ing care anymore.

happy ****ing holiday to you and yours.

Maybe not one but 7 would suck.

So to get this straight who is scum in this scenario. Me, JVM or both of us? Honestly your only about 4 players away from naming the entire game scum Day 1 LOL One of the things that make you essential to mafia. LOVE

Hey ass Im playing too. Now come over and I'll rub your belly.

Archived