Karate Kid Mafia - Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy

Pac

It's got nothing to do with controlled emotions and using emo against people. That's fair game.

There was ZERO evidence to support that it was Wombat, and that is the only thing I'm chiding you about.

You, of ALL people, should be able to see where I'm coming from.  Logical deduction.

1st -- If someone cannot control their emotions to the degree that they almost get a modkill, are we really supposed to believe they're perfectly cool and calm in thread?

2nd -- Look at the remaining players.  I eliminated you based off you immediate comment about this place becoming DM.  Kudos to you if it was BS. 

Crusher wouldn't do that.  I know he got MK'd once in the Star Wars game (I think it was him?) but that was because of character hinting I believe -- nothing like this.

Dan has never once melted down the entire time she's been here.  She wouldn't do that. 

JVoR is barely around.  Could he melt down? I'm sure...but he's not overly invested in this game.  He took the position as a fill in, to help us all (Pac in particular) out. 

Was Nolder even awake? Most days he comes in at 2 or 3 pm asking what happened because he doesn't want to read lol

Smash is vetted town.  Plus, after my screw up last game and him being chill -- I don't think I could expect him to flip out.

That leaves Hess and Wom.  Logical deduction says it was Wombat, since he hadn't posted in the thread until well after.  You even noticed it yourself.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's got nothing to do with controlled emotions and using emo against people. That's fair game.

There was ZERO evidence to support that it was Wombat, and that is the only thing I'm chiding you about.

I apologize, btw.  I retract earlier "**** you for calling me a poor sport."

"Please. Rule 14." post remains in play, however.

I'm not making this decision based on who may or may not have melted down. Period. Not sure why you are pursuing this "case" for lack of a better term.

******* emo could have been anyone in the game, it could have been a dead teammate of someone in the game, it could have been you - because maybe you have some role you don't think you should have gotten caught on. I don't know. Too many possibilities, and not the way I'd like to land on making this decision. Drop it, because I'm contemplating voting you because I don't like your angle.

AVM what r u? Role wise

edit:  Didn't answer the first time, answered the Ape then posted:

Paranoid townie.

I'm not making this decision based on who may or may not have melted down. Period. Not sure why you are pursuing this "case" for lack of a better term.

******* emo could have been anyone in the game, it could have been a dead teammate of someone in the game, it could have been you - because maybe you have some role you don't think you should have gotten caught on. I don't know. Too many possibilities, and not the way I'd like to land on making this decision. Drop it, because I'm contemplating voting you because I don't like your angle.

I have made plenty a stable case outside of that.  You guys are the ones to dense to vote someone who has conveniently twice given you exactly what you wanted when he was on the verge of being lynched.

BTW, Ape, you just changed your story (and not because I think you're scum, because you don't want to deal with the meltdown -- which is fine).

First it was that I had no evidence, so NATURALLY I'm going to make a post like that?  Why wouldn't I?

Don't tell me to drop it after you pushed me towards posting something like that.  If you want it dropped, just say drop it -- not "you don't have any evidence" when obviously I have plenty of logical reasoning behind what I'm saying.

FWIW, if I'm wrong -- I apologize sincerely, and will give a much bigger one after the game is over.  Wom is a good guy, and I'm not trying to insinuate otherwise.

My apologies for damaging the game in any way, if it is viewed as such.  Certainly not my intentions.

With that, I'm done with that as per Ape's request.  It's fair enough.

The fact that Wom has given town the one thing it wants twice to save himself should be proof enough to lynch him.

Normally I don't need an excuse to vote Verbal since I always want him dead, but considering he was on paternity leave late last week and into the weekend I don't think we can look at his lack of voting in this instance as scummy.

The late CTM voters are an interesting pool and of those I'd go Wbat.  IIRC, he went after Ape first when the voting was neck and neck and then when the tide turned against CTM, he voted him.  I also believe he did the "I think both are town but ..." as a sort of vote hedger. 

Vote: WWWombat

Looking back at some of D1, what I see:

SMC says he'd kill both Ape and CTM. Then votes CTM with no explanation other than to remind us that he voted CTM before.

Leelou votes CTM, tying him with Ape, with no elucidaton other than saying she hates Gladiator challenges.

Hess says Ape is scummier than CTM but he doesn't feel good leaving a claimed miller alive. Says he is tempted to just lynch Ape.

Leelou expresses a desire to lynch Ape for the Gladiator challenge. Still offers no explanation of her vote. Her statement of CTM being a claimed miller might have been one if she hadn't already argued with Darthe about whether lynching miller claims was optimal.

Hess responds to Ape saying his vote will stay on CTM.

Dan votes CTM. Says she thinks both are town so the miller claim breaks the tie.

Hess unvotes CTM

Hess says he thinks both might be town.

Smash votes Ape with a post that is extremely scummy but which I will ignore for now given 80's result.

Hess votes CTM. Momentum changing perhaps.

Hess says he is sure Smash is scum. Still says he thinks both Ape and CTM are town.

JiF votes CTM. No explanation. Either baller town play or retarded scum play. Very JiF-like.

80 votes CTM.

80 proclaims that it's L - 2. Pretty clear at this point that CTM is going down imo.

Crusher votes CTM. Implies he thinks both Ape and CTM are town.

I unvote Ape and hammer CTM and tell vig/SK to shoot Ape.

Darthe comes in with an emphatic late vote on CTM. At least he showed conviction.

Coroner Report

Reads:

Scum: SMC, Leelou

Town: Dan, Hess, Sharrow

FYI, for those of you who are interested, I never said I thought Ape was town.  In fact, I was pretty adamant about killing the Ape even while hammering CTM.  SMC could have easily check this by searching the thread for "WWWWombat" and delving through the pleothora of results or by doing a partial reread (which I was able to do on a 10 year old computer), but apparently, he is more interested in making insinuations that won't stick to him than in actually scumhunting.

Vote: SMC

Off the top of my head, I could see doing it as a tactic to draw out the doc by luring him him into pressuring you.

Was Hess trying to set up D2's lynch?

What would scum benefit to bluffing that he was the one shot at by the vig/sk?

Lol how did I "hop around"?  I've seen you, SMC, and Leelou all push this perception with no evidence whatsoever.

Here are the facts:

I voted the Ape saying I thought he was scum.

I subsequently reiterated my read on him.

I hammered CTM and asked the Vig/SK to shoot the Ape.

How exaclty is that hopping around?

Did some re-reading. SMC was trying to set up a case on Wombat WAY before the supposed gambit between the two of them. BG also accused Wombat of "hopping around" to push a train on him.

Wombat, despite not signing up, was one of the few people I felt was genuinely scum hunting in this game. I think I want to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

His explanations and logic has all made much more sense to me, and yeah, when you hunt scum (like I do) you end up looking scummy in hindsight. Dan didn't lift a finger to scum hunt and only surfaced to save her ass, in actuality.

BTW, Ape, you just changed your story (and not because I think you're scum, because you don't want to deal with the meltdown -- which is fine).

First it was that I had no evidence, so NATURALLY I'm going to make a post like that?  Why wouldn't I?

Don't tell me to drop it after you pushed me towards posting something like that.  If you want it dropped, just say drop it -- not "you don't have any evidence" when obviously I have plenty of logical reasoning behind what I'm saying.

It's not logical when it doesn't consider all possibilities. Now... drop it... because you seem to be getting emo about the emo.

FWIW, if I'm wrong -- I apologize sincerely, and will give a much bigger one after the game is over.  Wom is a good guy, and I'm not trying to insinuate otherwise.

My apologies for damaging the game in any way, if it is viewed as such.  Certainly not my intentions.

With that, I'm done with that as per Ape's request.  It's fair enough.

The fact that Wom has given town the one thing it wants twice to save himself should be proof enough to lynch him.

You don't have to apologize, just acknowledge you left out possible scenarios, just like you did earlier when I had to point out the potential bus situation.

You are making leaps of logic, and presenting it to us as though it's fool-proof.

I think final scum wombat and crusher.

I came into today convinced it was Wombat/Nolder or Dan/AVM. I said that, and then Wombat gave us the AVM guilty. Which felt obviously convenient.

LOL

This game has my head spinning right now. I just re-read a bunch and all the focus and clarity I had in the first couple days... want that back. 

I'm really bothered by Dan's complete lack of helping to solve anything. Her usual pragmatic ways never showed up at all. She basically created this her or wombat situation when she got heat finally, and spent her time pushing the JIF lynch and my plan that you hated. If she KNEW Wombat was scum, then why would she say one single positive thing to push that JIF lynch forward? I saw Wombat also say one thing to push JIF lynch, but it wasn't high volume like I felt Dan was doing. 

BG did the same, he voted CTM for the bus, but pushed my train. I feel like that's the best lens I can put on this mess.

What exactly is a paranoid townie? I've never heard of it.

I had to act paranoid throughout the game.  For example:

I talked about 80 and Leelou having to have PR's.  Kept saying over and over there was no way they didn't.

My insistence that Hess was a jester

Going after Dan/Sharrow simply because there's no way they'd survive that long as town.  They had to be scum.

What exactly is a paranoid townie? I've never heard of it.

It's a fake claim AVM made up when he saw Leelou flip "mouthy townie."

Modkill argument is incorrect and lame to boot. Smells like SMC's handiwork. Pretty stupid of Pac to open the door for it but that's par for the course for Pac I guess.

Going out. I'll try to check in a couple times throughout the night.

Modkill argument is incorrect and lame to boot. Smells like SMC's handiwork. Pretty stupid of Pac to open the door for it but that's par for the course for Pac I guess.

It's a Tuesday night you lush.

Wow...breadcrumbed for a role I didn't know I'd fake claim before I saw Leelou flip. 

I had to act paranoid throughout the game. For example:

I talked about 80 and Leelou having to have PR's. Kept saying over and over there was no way they didn't.

My insistence that Hess was a jester

Going after Dan/Sharrow simply because there's no way they'd survive that long as town. They had to be scum.

No paranoia about me being out front on 3 straight scum lynches? No gambit, busing paranoia for me?

No paranoia to follow each role claim? Did you say you believed CTM's miller claim? I need to check when home...

I came into today convinced it was Wombat/Nolder or Dan/AVM. I said that, and then Wombat gave us the AVM guilty. Which felt obviously convenient.

LOL

This game has my head spinning right now. I just re-read a bunch and all the focus and clarity I had in the first couple days... want that back.

I'm really bothered by Dan's complete lack of helping to solve anything. Her usual pragmatic ways never showed up at all. She basically created this her or wombat situation when she got heat finally, and spent her time pushing the JIF lynch and my plan that you hated. If she KNEW Wombat was scum, then why would she say one single positive thing to push that JIF lynch forward? I saw Wombat also say one thing to push JIF lynch, but it wasn't high volume like I felt Dan was doing.

BG did the same, he voted CTM for the bus, but pushed my train. I feel like that's the best lens I can put on this mess.

I thought the JiF lynch made sense once I calmed down and looked at it from your perspective. I was also suspicious of his story, as were most people at the time.

Pretty sure you would have spun this either way because you really want to believe Wombat is town, which is fine, lol. Town needs to just make a decision at this point. Wombat is pretending to have handed you two scum on a platter (really convenient NA there, lol), so from your POV lynching wrong on him isn't even the end of the world.

Just as convenient that you did all the right things to catch wombat when your ass was on the line, fyi.

JiF's ass was on the line at the time, lol. I came right out as soon as I had useful information, which is more than Wombat supposedly did.

No paranoia about me being out front on 3 straight scum lynches? No gambit, busing paranoia for me?

No paranoia to follow each role claim? Did you say you believed CTM's miller claim? I need to check when home...

Huh?  Why would I do half of those?  I had to show paranoia each day, not jump at every little thing that moved.

The only one of all of those I've even commented on was CTM, at least I think I did.  I had been considering claiming miller next time I got run up as scum, to see if it stuck.  Thought that up when creating my game I originally had Greg McElroy as a miller.  I know I thought about saying something, not sure if I did for sure to be honest.

No need to spend time looking, I didn't do a single one of those.

Archived