Cromartie restructures. (MERGED)

pointman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was being facetious. If Woody were in fact cheap, he would be holding hjs money, rather than converting it into cash he must now pay up front, in order to spend new money.

Some have been saying that the Revis move is driven by a cheap owner, rather than basic football logic.

I think keeping Rex had a lot to do with money. But who cares who the coach next year is anyway...

What does " Woody is cheap" mean? Francesa was saying this yesterday. And it's mind boggling. There's a salary cap. We all know this already.

I don't know why Francesa thinks they had to choose between rebuilding and keeping Rex. Who cares who the coach is during a rebuilding year?

I don't know why Francesa thinks they had to choose between rebuilding and keeping Rex. Who cares who the coach is during a rebuilding year?

Given druthers, it would have been the best scenario to have the coach here in year 1 of rebuild, who will actually be coaching them in the future. 

It is what it is and Rex is here one more year and we will deal with it.

Garrard at $1 million per year is worth it to me.   If he's healthy and is just good enough to be a backup, it's cheap.

Better than the $3 million per year a chase daniel reported to get.

Yeah, at $1M I can't see how anyone could possibly complain about the Garrard signing now.  Outside of the mid-to-late rounds of the draft, it's impossible to get a QB for that cheap and, health permitting, Garrard has a chance to be a solid, if unspectacular, veteran option for them.

Garrard at $1 million per year is worth it to me.   If he's healthy and is just good enough to be a backup, it's cheap.

Better than the $3 million per year a chase daniel reported to get.

Unless Sanchez has a major turn around from last season, which is possible, but not probable, Garrard will be the starter..  if he's healthy that is not a bad thing.

Given druthers, it would have been the best scenario to have the coach here in year 1 of rebuild, who will actually be coaching them in the future. 

It is what it is and Rex is here one more year and we will deal with it.

I wasn't in love with any one of the coachs who got jobs this offseason with the exception of Chip Kelly who Woody wasn't paying. 

I join the Francesa hate as much as anyone on the board but, bottom line, I still listen to the guy as I switch between stations a lot. That said, even as I restrain all emotion from listening and truly look at it with complete objectivity, Francesa, is like, the biggest Jets troll of all time. I don't care what he says, how much he wants to try and refute it. The guy seriously has this strange agenda with the Jets organization. 

True story, so yesterday, as I was flipping through channels and caught him in mid sentence I knew, I MEAN I KNEW, just by the tone of his voice, he was talking about the Jets. I had no idea what he was even saying but the fact that he was practically yelling about it,  I knew it was about the Jets, lol.

I join the Francesa hate as much as anyone on the board but, bottom line, I still listen to the guy as I switch between stations a lot. That said, even as I restrain all emotion from listening and truly look at it with complete objectivity, Francesa, is like, the biggest Jets troll of all time. I don't care what he says, how much he wants to try and refute it. The guy seriously has this strange agenda with the Jets organization. 

True story, so yesterday, as I was flipping through channels and caught him in mid sentence I knew, I MEAN I KNEW, just by the tone of his voice, he was talking about the Jets. I had no idea what he was even saying but the fact that he was practically yelling about it,  I knew it was about the Jets, lol.

Yeah well since the Jets stopped going on his show he's been trolling them. 

You just don't get to move him before the 2015 season, which you wouldn't do anyway. He'll be 31-32. A good gamble.

More of a good, fully hatched calculated risk.  Tanny might have gotten the same result, but would have extended Cro for 5 years to get there.  It's early, but I am liking what I am seeing from Idzik so far.

Cro has been nothing but solid since he's been a Jet, and went to probowl status when Revis went down making Revis basically expendable giving his asking price. Why is there still this "but" approach when speaking about Cro? Dude has been doing his thing

I would agree. He has played like a Pro Bowler. But only for the last 14 games!

He was solid before that but not a Pro Bowler!

I guess this is more proof that Woody is cheap?

This also tells me that Cromartie will be on this team for a few more years, which may mean some other cb may not.

You guys can crucify me, but I think I'd rather have Cro here than Revis.  Revis is better (and after watching Cro the past few seasons, it's not by THAT much) but Cro is vocal and you can tell he's a leader.  Revis seems more quiet and maybe even a little "above" everyone else.  Plus Revis holds out every goddamn year.

I would agree. He has played like a Pro Bowler. But only for the last 14 games!

He was solid before that but not a Pro Bowler!

Solid is damn good when the guy opposite of you is Revis, hence the reason why his play only looked "solid". The moment Revis was out of the picture he all of a sudden looked like a probowler. Some of that imo stemmed from the fact that Revis received so much of the recognition which kind of watered down Cro's overall performance in our eyes since being a Jet. 

Many have said it themselves that we practically had 2 #1 corners on our team, Cro proved that to be true the last 14 games when it was all on him. No way in the world I can remotely hate on that, especially when he goes one further by restructuring his contract to help rebuild. Definitely glad we didnt get Aso, even if things would have worked out in philly. 

Solid is damn good when the guy opposite of you is Revis, hence the reason why his play only looked "solid". The moment Revis was out of the picture he all of a sudden looked like a probowler. Some of that imo stemmed from the fact that Revis received so much of the recognition which kind of watered down Cro's overall performance in our eyes since being a Jet. 

Many have said it themselves that we practically had 2 #1 corners on our team, Cro proved that to be true the last 14 games when it was all on him. No way in the world I can remotely hate on that, especially when he goes one further by restructuring his contract to help rebuild. Definitely glad we didnt get Aso, even if things would have worked out in philly. 

No he was not solid by comparison. Just solid.

He will get the same money. Infact sooner in his bank account than before the restructure.

Archived