Rex is finished

Jetfan13

They did?  I recall them scoring on the opening drive, shutting down Eli (sans one missed tackle) but Sanchez played one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life after that opening drive.

Good point on those others tough.  The team was over it by then and they did quit.  I take it back.  Rex Ryan totally lost the team once they were mathematically eliminated playing meaningless games of Football.  

You guys are right, the team quit on him, so much so that Woody decided to keep him around.

The problem with that theory is other teams were eliminated and still bothered to show up. Hell some teams already had playoff seeds lined up and still showed up.    Rex has done a lot of good things,  but the players have given up on him the past two years.   

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said they quit due to Sanchez.  In 2011 the team went from 8-5 to 8-8 and lost to the Eagles and Gaints and just sucked.  Did they quit? WHo knows.  They sure didn't show up.

This season, they didnt show up against the Chargers or Bills.    

Call it quitting or not showing up, it still means the team didn't bother to play.  And that is on Rex.

See Dierking.  

Apparently Rex was calling the plays.  You know, the ones that got the OC fired. They quit because they tried to pass when they were down.  McElroy was sacked four times on the last two drives.  Three in a row to end the game.  They had like 70 yards on 25 carries - they should have run!  Why did they quit?!?!

See Dierking.  

Apparently Rex was calling the plays.  You know, the ones that got the OC fired. They quit because they tried to pass when they were down.  McElroy was sacked four times on the last two drives.  Three in a row to end the game.  They had like 70 yards on 25 carries - they should have run!  Why did they quit?!?!

that doesn't explain getting blown out by the Bills.  Or being beat down by the Eagles in a game that they were still in the playoff hunt.

The problem with that theory is other teams were eliminated and still bothered to show up. Hell some teams already had playoff seeds lined up and still showed up.    Rex has done a lot of good things,  but the players have given up on him the past two years.   

I agreed with you bro.  The team quit once they were mathematically eliminated both years.  You made good points and I've changed my stance.  I still think they were fighting to the death before those final elimination games though and I'll take that.  I cant blame them for quitting once the season is over.

Besides, if they won those games, we'd all be bitching about how we won meaningless games and lost draft positioning.  :)

See Dierking.  

Really good things happen to Jets-Rex is wonderful and gorgeous

Really bad things happen to the Jets-Damn Tannenbaum and those assistants

Really good things happen to Jets-Rex is wonderful and gorgeous

Really bad things happen to the Jets-Damn Tannenbaum and those assistants

8-8 isn't really bad.  Two of everybody's pet coaches made the playoffs with that record or worse.  This past year was pretty bad and I can accept that Rex shoulders a huge portion of the blame.  You can't accept that maybe the guy is a good coach.  Good coaches have done much worse.  In fact, they have done much worse with more.  He may deserve to get fired, but I don't believe it's a foregone conclusion and most of the rumblings I heard were pro-Rex.  

You said who didnt - I said everyone who suited up.  That's a direct answer.  You've still failed give me this list of players who quit.

But you guys win.  Pedro made a good point that you're not capable of providing. 

I made my point with the initial post that you tried and failed to challenge. I saw no point in toiling over whether or not you got your head around it after that, it's more fun to break you chops as your dumb brains catch up to the rest of the herd.

I agreed with you bro.  The team quit once they were mathematically eliminated both years.  You made good points and I've changed my stance.  I still think they were fighting to the death before those final elimination games though and I'll take that.  I cant blame them for quitting once the season is over.

Besides, if they won those games, we'd all be bitching about how we won meaningless games and lost draft positioning.   :)

"fighting to the death"

What a naive little twink.

When you consistently call a scumbag quitter like Holmes "the best player on the field" and make him a captain, why is it any surprise guys gave less than 100% at seasons end?

That's not great coaching?

Two AFCC games!

Don't ever forget it!

I made my point with the initial post that you tried and failed to challenge. I saw no point in toiling over whether or not you got your head around it after that, it's more fun to break you chops as your dumb brains catch up to the rest of the herd.

Nice list, bro.

Nice list, bro.

List would have been unquantifiable. Watching the games with a shred of awareness was all I needed. Even if I gave you a list, you would have pointed out that there's now way of knowing if I'm right. Which is true. Which makes you and your list... stupid.

List would have been unquantifiable. Watching the games with a shred of awareness was all I needed. Even if I gave you a list, you would have pointed out that there's now way of knowing if I'm right. Which is true. Which makes you and your list... stupid.

My list >>>>> the list you never provided 

Why the Fuck can't a Jets fan call the fan and actually be prepared to talk to this fat slob lol!!?

I always think the same thing.  Jets fans here know their stuff.  I went to a sports trade show and when I gave people JN cards so many fans were just spewing serious Jets knowledge.  Like hardcore fans.  Yet the ones that call FAN seem to get beat up all the time.

I always think the same thing.  Jets fans here know their stuff.  I went to a sports trade show and when I gave people JN cards so many fans were just spewing serious Jets knowledge.  Like hardcore fans.  Yet the ones that call FAN seem to get beat up all the time.

Cause they screen the callers and that fat ****er doesn't like to look stupid.

Cause they screen the callers and that fat ****er doesn't like to look stupid.

Calling these shows is tough. The better hosts know all the tricks of debate, and you have to be ready with your responses immediately or you get rolled. It's like playing speed-chess--a lot of dudes are good at chess, but are terrible when you rush them.

8-8 isn't really bad.  Two of everybody's pet coaches made the playoffs with that record or worse.  This past year was pretty bad and I can accept that Rex shoulders a huge portion of the blame.  You can't accept that maybe the guy is a good coach.  Good coaches have done much worse.  In fact, they have done much worse with more.  He may deserve to get fired, but I don't believe it's a foregone conclusion and most of the rumblings I heard were pro-Rex.  

8-8 is avg, but bad when you go from 8-5 to 8-8 and two of those losses just look bad.   But I do agree Rex has his talents.  Even this past season with some injuries and no Revis, the defense didn't really take a step back  If Sanchez doesn't turn the ball over so much, they might've actually been a 9-7 team.    

I think the biggest problem with Rex and the Jets was that first season.  They weren't really that good of a team, Sanchez wasn't a good QB, but they snuck into the playoffs, had great match ups, and made a great run.   But then everybody got huge egos, including Rex.  They went out and signed the Jason Taylor's and LT and so on.   They were on reality tv and Revis became a head case.    None of that matters, but it all does in the long run.

There were great moments in 2010, but there were a lot of those  wtf games.    The issue was more the jets thought they were better then they actually were, didn't exactly improve, and are where they are now because of it.    Part of it is Rex. Part is Tanny. Part the players. Part Woody.

Maybe Rex reached 'bottom' and will become a much better coach because of this.  Who knows.  His father really never got over his arrogance or ego.  The guy was throwing punches well into his 60's. And there lies the other issue.  Buddy was loud and brash.  Take that away and you might take away all that passion and fire.   Same could be said for Rex.  Only time will tell.  

I think Rex can be a good coach, great coach if he finds a good OC,  but if the Jets go 4-12, would anybody hire him again as a HC?  It's not like he got tons of chances before the Jets.  Hell, his brother is still waiting.  His father was chased out of the league and it took him forever to become HC.  A lot of people in NFL circles don't like the Ryan's.  They like them for their knowledge and love them for defense, but to run a team, it seems the Ryan's dont exactly get many chances.

Not bad at all -- in Guatemala. 

Rex was finished when his team no-showed against the Titans and Dolphins last year. The rest is paperwork.

Rex was finished when he had the team at 8-5 and had no clue no answer etc....that was 2011.....

Archived