What Happens if the Jets Are on the Plus Side for Wins

Jet27

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's got a point you know.  We already have one Gato, and that's one too many.  No need for you to transform yourself into a second.  This whole shtick has been tired and completely unamusing for over 5 years now.

If everyone on the board said the same thing it would be a pretty dull place. 

If everyone on the board said the same thing it would be a pretty dull place. 

Fair point, I'll certainly give you that.  However, it's also pretty dull when a poster says essentially the same thing in nearly every single post, and feels the need to do it in every thread to boot.

He's got a point you know.  We already have one Gato, and that's one too many.  No need for you to transform yourself into a second.  This whole shtick has been tired and completely unamusing for over 5 years now.

LOL

C'mon BG, JiF isn't Gato.  JiF gets it.  It’s all about fun.

He’s the guy that walks into the monkey section, drags a stick along all the cages, causes a riot, then leaves.

Comes back later on the other side of the zoo.  Very effective and a lot of fun.  

Our job stops at rooting for wins dude, we are fans.

The rest of your post is for the people that work for the Jets to worry about. All we can do is hope their management = wins. Fans that fret over all this stuff they have no control over are kind of delusional. "We need to do this, we need to do that".

Who is "we". I'm not cashing a pay check from the Jets. I buy a new t-shirt or ball cap every few years with their ugly logo on it, that's about it.

"They" need to do a LOT of things, but from where I sit... it's mostly win.

If you truly believed this to the letter, you'd really only post on Sundays.  We all care about what the team does because we want it to lead to the ultimate prize of winning a super bowl, or at least building a legitimate contender.  I've been thinking rebuild for a long time now, and am glad to see it happen.  That doesn't mean I want the team to tank this season, but I am very pleased to see that we are not throwing bad money into the future at the hopes of being a little more competitive this year.  That strategy, combined with some bad draft picks, is why we are in this mess right now.  This year, unless this team somehow catches fire, which seems unlikely, I'll be rooting for improvement of the young talent.  Guys like Wilkerson, Coples, Ellis, on defense and Hill and, well not much else at present on offense.  If those guys improve, this season will be a success, regardless of a 5-11 finish.

LOL

C'mon BG, JiF isn't Gato.  JiF gets it.  It’s all about fun.

He’s the guy that walks into the monkey section, drags a stick along all the cages, causes a riot, then leaves.

Comes back later on the other side of the zoo.  Very effective and a lot of fun.  

I know, but it's JiF so I have to bust his chops.  I can't imagine he's taking any flack from me particularly seriously.  Besides, having to open up yet another thread that immediately featured Gato's tiresome old routine, I figured I might as well go two-for-one with that one.

I really don't care as long as we play respectable football and show promise.  I'm tired of the crap we've seen the past two seasons.  PLAY LIKE A JET meant something for two years and now it means nothing.  I'd like to see that change in 2013.

The central component of JN's success, and what accounts for 86% of its content, is not the alleged whining about the team, it's the group of posters who complain about whining that never really happens. It's a lovely vehicle by which one complains about the Jets vis a vis straw men, while still getting to feel like a superior "fan."

Right, because being completely irrational and bashing the team for every little aspect isnt repetitive or whiny.  

Who's actually doing this?

I've only started reading the board again a few days ago, for the first time in a couple months, so that's a serious question.  I haven't seen it.

I've only started reading the board again a few days ago, for the first time in a couple months, so that's a serious question.  I haven't seen it.

You havent seen it?  How's that possible?

It would easier to say who isnt doing it because there's maybe 4 posters being rational about the Jets situation.  Those people are now considered repetitive whiny bitches.  

The central component of JN's success, and what accounts for 86% of its content, is not the alleged whining about the team, it's the group of posters who complain about whining that never really happens. It's a lovely vehicle by which one complains about the Jets vis a vis straw men, while still getting to feel like a superior "fan."

Whining-217x300.jpg

I've only started reading the board again a few days ago, for the first time in a couple months, so that's a serious question. I haven't seen it.

Shane has recruited a little army of avatar less, relatively newish posters. They get their numbers from him. Quick ask Pedro what the 2013 with Revis record is locked in at, if you haven't heard yet. It's also in the majority of threads but very popular in Revis ones.

You havent seen it? How's that possible?

It would easier to say who isnt doing it because there's maybe 4 posters being rational about the Jets situation. Those people are now considered repetitive whiny bitches.

Find one "rational" post asserting that the 2013 Jets are poised to compete, please. All I've seen is a few posters saying "Just you wait," to which we ask "wait for what?," which gets no response. "Just you wait" isn't rational, unless you're at a bus stop.

Shane has recruited a little army of avatar less, relatively newish posters. They get their numbers from him. Quick ask Pedro what the 2013 with Revis record is locked in at, if you haven't heard yet. It's also in the majority of threads but very popular in Revis ones.

Yes. I'm a cult leader who makes up statistics. Pedro and I guessed that the Jets have a 4-12 team going into next year, so he's under my spell. I also have Ray Lucas and Mike Francesa under my spell, too. The Cult of Shane. We're so Manson Family.

The idea that this is not the Jets year isn't exactly an irrational proposition.  And Shane, who in my short time back, you've essentially been following around making hyperbolic claims about, seems to think that what the Jets are doing right now is actually all good things.  That, with the understanding that these moves are being made for the future, not for 2013.  And sorry, but saying we're not going to be competitors in 2013 is not synonymous with "forfeit the season", despite the rhetoric.

Yes. I'm a cult leader who makes up statistics. Pedro and I guessed that the Jets have a 4-12 team going into next year, so he's under my spell. I also have Ray Lucas and Mike Francesa under my spell, too. The Cult of Shane. We're so Manson Family.

You caused me to riot, and got me banned yo!

#teamslats

You havent seen it?  How's that possible?

It would easier to say who isnt doing it because there's maybe 4 posters being rational about the Jets situation.  Those people are now considered repetitive whiny bitches.  

The only real irrational complaint I've seen is Jetfan13's attack of Idzik.  Otherwise, seems like most people are on board with the plan, and accept that it's about the future.  I wish I thought 2013 was going to be better, but there's nothing "rational" to suggest it will be.  I am however, quite pleased with the overarching direction of the team.

The feel I've gotten recently, is that people express that 2013 will probably be a bad year, and then are responded to with excessive hyperbole like your list in this very thread.

You missed the golden era of Shane.  He has only recently come back down to earth.

Mike Francesa and Ray Lucas?  Who are two people that will say anything for a reaction?  I will take JiF and Gato over those two numbnuts.

Right, because being completely irrational and bashing the team for every little aspect isnt repetitive or whiny.  

So essentially you're saying that, by some people, in expressing their opinions, being what you would consider "irrational", that justifies others making everyone on the board (including those countless posters who have nothing to do with those who you deem to be irrational) have to deal with those others intentionally being completely obnoxious?  That's an interesting theory.

Guess...insist...same thing.

You missed the golden era of Shane. He has only recently come back down to earth.

The great thing about the Internet is that the evidence exists forever in the ether. Find one of these allegedly hysterical posts you're referencing here, please.

Mike Francesa and Ray Lucas? Who are two people that will say anything for a reaction? I will take JiF and Gato over those two numbnuts.

No one would want JiF and Gato for any purpose, unless you're talking about Mayan ritual sacrifice.

So essentially you're saying that, by some people, in expressing their opinions, being what you would consider "irrational", that justifies others making everyone on the board (including those countless posters who have nothing to do with those who you deem to be irrational) have to deal with those others intentionally being completely obnoxious? That's an interesting theory.

There's nothing obnoxious about insisting on titling Idzik's Plan (which only DEY KNOW) a rebuild, insisting that the Jets have nothing to build on, insisting that 2013 is 4-12 if they keep Revis, insisting that it's some kind of waste to sign cheap veterans because that would go against The Plan to fire Ryan despite needing to fill out a roster at some point, and all these other things being insisted in multiple threads err day is not obnoxious? Let me guess - because you happen to agree with it?

Sheeple maaaaaan.

Archived