'Ask Bitonti': JetNations resident Draft Guru

SouthernJet

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

calling me a draft expert isn't gonna end well. I prefer draft enthusiast. or super fan maybe.

first off Duke actually wasn't sh*tty this year. They were a great bet getting points many weeks. 

RE: renfree he's a real interesting sleeper in an unpredictable QB class. . He's got arm strength and he's got a chance. A team could take him and find a gem.  More likely a clipboard holder but worth a shot on day 3.

Vernon ran a linebacker number at 4.68.  I guess he could be a slot guy but he's not gonna get a whole lot of chances. 

What's the proper percentage of body fat a defensive tackle needs in order to be considered a once-in-a-generation prospect?

You are a once in a generation message board poster. And i don't need to break out the calipers for that statement.

How far will Damontre Moore fall?

great question. late 2/early 3. and that's being generous. He could be one of those guys who is at the top of Kipers big board for an uncomfortably long time. There's just not alot of call for defensive ends who run 4.94 and put up 12 reps (now 19 after pro day)

side note on Moore i asked a Texas A&M guy how the Moore/Joeckel battles were like in practice and he said Joeckel always won and it wasn't close. Moore has kinda been exposed as a not elite athlete. and every time a guy runs some sick time somewhere, he gets leapfrogged. 

Who do you man crush on more? Kiper or McShay?

Kiper. Duh. the Hair helmet is one of the wonders of the hair world. It's like don king's tower or michael richard's kramer-fro. It's a first ballot HOF Hairdoo. I also enjoy when Kiper and McShay are on the same segments how they seem to loathe each other. 

How far will Damontre Moore fall?

Good question. I'm hoping to Los Yets in the second, but can the most productive pass rusher in the draft fall that far because of a 40 time?

BIT, with all the focus on Warmack/Cooper, who are some of the other OL options that we should all be aware of? I'll start with Brian Winters and Larry Warford.

Who has the higher ceiling: Cordarelle Patterson or Keenan Allen?

Im worried about Keenan Allen. He went to see Dr James Andrews about his lingering knee situation and that's never good. If he doesn't work out well in April he might not go in rd 1. Patterson is obviously the better athlete but Allen is the better player. If both pan out Patterson is AJ Green, Allen is Miles Austin. Patterson doesn't have AJ Green's natural hands but he is a playmaker. Allen is a possession yac guy with natural hands. 

BIT, with all the focus on Warmack/Cooper, who are some of the other OL options that we should all be aware of? I'll start with Brian Winters and Larry Warford.

Im gonna go back to Warmack Cooper for a second. I thought the Jets would pass on these guys.. but all this talk about Idzik wanting the 13 pick from tampa bay... got me thinking why? Why would he want that pick? If he didn't have a plan, 2014 1 pick would be fine. Probably not to trade up.

If the guards are on the Jets board the Jets could go OG at 9 and DE/OLB at 13 (or whatever) and feel like there's a reasonable chance of getting a good player at both position.  A month ago no way the Jets get Warmack or cooper. Now... with Moore and Slauson free agents (and neither being signed), i think they are looking at these guys as safe picks at positions of need. 

Call it a flip flop but My thinking on the guards are evolving.

As for Winters he's a tough guy try hard guy with great technique. I like him as a younger (better) version of Danny Watkins (or what Watkins was projected to be). easy top 100 pick (rd 3). A team could fall in love and go rd 2. I think that's reachy but he's got a high floor (unlikely to bust) Warford I think is gonna fall to round 5 or below for weight and balance reasons. I don't think he's a possible RT, altho some have him graded out that way. 

How does getting rid of Dewayne Robertson make the Jets better?

I don't know about that  .... but getting rid of Kerry Rhodes did not make us a better team according to The Master ... so I guess the Cardinals are in a world of sh*t ...

great question. late 2/early 3. and that's being generous. He could be one of those guys who is at the top of Kipers big board for an uncomfortably long time. There's just not alot of call for defensive ends who run 4.94 and put up 12 reps (now 19 after pro day)

side note on Moore i asked a Texas A&M guy how the Moore/Joeckel battles were like in practice and he said Joeckel always won and it wasn't close. Moore has kinda been exposed as a not elite athlete. and every time a guy runs some sick time somewhere, he gets leapfrogged. 

I am not surprised that LJ owned Moore in practice, but I think a lot of that has to do with effort.  Moore always showed up on gameday.  That said, I don't really have an interest in players with poor work ethic.  Moore was great for A&M, but I think he might be JAG in the NFL.  He and Christine Michael have really disappointed me and the rest of AggieNation.

Im gonna go back to Warmack Cooper for a second. I thought the Jets would pass on these guys.. but all this talk about Idzik wanting the 13 pick from tampa bay... got me thinking why? Why would he want that pick? If he didn't have a plan, 2014 1 pick would be fine. Probably not to trade up.

Thought the same thing. All I thought about when Tampa's 1st was rumored was that this is the perfect opportunity to grab Cooper AND a pass rusher. I really like Cooper. I think he's a stah/playmaker in offensive guard form.  

You've gotta get one QB ready to compete with in two years to save your job, and your choices are Ryan Nassib and EJ Manuel. Who you taking?

THIS is a good question. Manuel has alot of likeable traits but there's something I don't like about how he passes the ball. Not enough NFL caliber throws. The thing about him is that he's tall, physically gifted, and will interview really well...like really well. Nassib, to me, is a better QB type athlete (though Manuel is a better athlete in general) with average to above average skills and tools across the board.

I lean Nassib thinking what I currently think, but Manuel can put up a great case on paper. I am interested to see how bit answers this.

You've gotta get one QB ready to compete with in two years to save your job, and your choices are Ryan Nassib and EJ Manuel. Who you taking?

the short time window makes me lean Manuel and install a spread of some kind. Nassib might take years, if at all. There's a case to be made that Manuel is a better player period (Manuel certainly produced more in the senior bowl game).

BIT, how do you scout the DE/OLB prospects this year? 

Jarvis Jones is my guy but he's not a tweener (DE converting) so not on this list.  

1. Mingo

2. Jordan

3. Ansah 

4. Werner 

5. Lemonier 

all with rd 1 grades. 

after that.. Tank Carridine and Alex Okafor i guess. Then demontre.

There's actually a good amount of mid/late round sleepers at this position. 

Archived