More Rules set to ruin the NFL

HessStation

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2013/3/20/4127788/nfl-rule-changes-running-backs-helmet-tuck-rule

Players can no longer lead with the crown of helmet outside the tackle box = more opportunities for a referee to use a subjective opinion potentially leading to an outcome of a game.

I seriously am getting really close to not wanting to watch the sport anymore. I know a lot of fans complain and say stuff like this but I really am getting to that point. 

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2013/3/20/4127788/nfl-rule-changes-running-backs-helmet-tuck-rule

Players can no longer lead with the crown of helmet outside the tackle box = more opportunities for a referee to use a subjective opinion potentially leading to an outcome of a game.

I seriously am getting really close to not wanting to watch the sport anymore. I know a lot of fans complain and say stuff like this but I really am getting to that point. 

I’m not far behind ya Hess.  This is getting stupid

This is official?   

So what's your thoughts on the lame rule change? 

My first thought is they are going to need more refs on the field than players soon.  The subjectivity of this rule will result in a lot of games being decided by the ref or they will never call it.  In short...  SUCKS BALLS

This time with Bulls and boxers too.

nah

just bring back the XFL and raid the NFL for b-list players who can become stars in the XFL (ie Tommy Maddux)

my excitement for the NFL cannot be any less this upcoming year...and this is not JUST because the Jets will suck ass but because of the rule changes.

nah

just bring back the XFL and raid the NFL for b-list players who can become stars in the XFL (ie Tommy Maddux)

my excitement for the NFL cannot be any less this upcoming year...and this is not JUST because the Jets will suck ass but because of the rule changes.

Truth is I don't really remember the XFL except players talking with cheerleaders during the game?  If this pussification persist we may see the day another league comes in and over takes the NFL. 

yeah. Listening to Jeff Fisher trying to explain it is only making it worse...imo.

Holy sh*t. You've got to be kidding me. I thought for sure this would never get passed.

Horrible. Why even have a RB? The entire game is being tailored for passing, these guys now arent allowed to blow back? Unreal. What kid wants to be a RB nowadays? How does this change the draft stock of a player like Lacy who is this type of runner?

The NFL is turning into the WWF.

Truth is I don't really remember the XFL except players talking with cheerleaders during the game?  If this pussification persist we may see the day another league comes in and over takes the NFL. 

the XFL had some great rules

i.e. the punting team can recover a punt if it travels 25 yards from LOS 

and overtime was great....say team A scores on 5 possessions then team B gets 5 possessions or less to  score

for all the people who hate this rule (and I don't like it either), the other side is you'd crap if you saw the slate of litigation directed at the NFL right now.

this league is honestly, no exaggeration, at risk of being sued out of existence.  

The league has to make moves now that the science is apparent. It's a risky activity and they have to either make it safer or close up shop. Continuing with status quo is not an option. Alot of this comes down as "oh screw that Goodell" but it's way bigger than 1 person. 

for all the people who hate this rule (and I don't like it either), the other side is you'd crap if you saw the slate of litigation directed at the NFL right now.

this league is honestly, no exaggeration, at risk of being sued out of existence.  

The league has to make moves now that the science is apparent. It's a risky activity and they have to either make it safer or close up shop. Continuing with status quo is not an option. Alot of this comes down as "oh screw that Goodell" but it's way bigger than 1 person. 

why don't they invest in better helmets?

and i think the NFL makes too much money to be on the verge of not existing

it's just a few extremist pussies out there who cry concussions

why don't they invest in better helmets?

and i think the NFL makes too much money to be on the verge of not existing

it's just a few extremist pussies out there who cry concussions

ok so where are these better helmets? It's a hope but it's not clear that technology will save this game. 

I don't think we can say extremist pussies in the light of Junior Seau and Dave Duerson type tragedies. guys are literally dying. 

Archived