Star Ledger says Idzik was at Cooper's Pro Day

SenorGato

Other tidbits I've seen today:

--The Knicks crowd booed Mark Sanchez on the Jumbotron, to which Sanchez just laughed. The dude has to be praying he gets released.

--Daniel Jeremiah ranked Mingo #22 on his top 100 list because he "lacks functional strength."

--Most NFL types still consider the Revis trade inevitable, though Florio posted some mind-numbing piece that stated the "window is closing." Thanks, Mike. The draft is next week. Good article, Mike.

--Tank Carradine dominated his Pro Day and might be a top 15 pick now blah blah blah.

--DeAndre Hopkins' hotel room at the Combine had sh*t and piss all over the walls and was trashed with garbage and food all over the place. Hopkins denies any involvement, as does his roommate (some )6th round WR). Perhaps a mystery sh*t-smearer broke in while they slept?

I could see Cooper being a better fit for the Marty Morn ZBS than Chance. Also Chance could be gone by 9. 

Mingo lacking functional strength is a legit concern. The closer we get to the draft the less likely the Jets are to pick Mingo. They are going offense somehow. 

Until next year.

#Oghobaase

some people learn from their mistakes. it's kinda rude to bring them up all the time as a crude debate tactic. Fact is Jon Cooper has a higher grade than most of the players you want the Jets to draft instead of him. and that has nothing to do with Vincent Gambini Ogobasse 

some people learn from their mistakes. it's kinda rude to bring them up all the time as a crude debate tactic. Fact is Jon Cooper has a higher grade than most of the players you want the Jets to draft instead of him. and that has nothing to do with Vincent Gambini Ogobasse

Gato deserves what he gets. The fact that that cock spent all spring pimping a player who never stepped foot on an NFL field warms the cockles of my bitter little heart.

You're up in the Megadraft, btw.

Gato deserves what he gets. The fact that that cock spent all spring pimping a player who never stepped foot on an NFL field warms the cockles of my bitter little heart.

You're up in the Megadraft, btw.

I wonder how many superlatives were typed in front of cock before the backspace button came into play. 

I could see Cooper being a better fit for the Marty Morn ZBS than Chance. Also Chance could be gone by 9. 

Mingo lacking functional strength is a legit concern. The closer we get to the draft the less likely the Jets are to pick Mingo. They are going offense somehow. 

So the proximity to the draft is now the deciding factor?  "Gee Rex, I'd love to go Mingo or Jones here, but we're within our 7 day window and you know what that means....Offense!!"

So the proximity to the draft is now the deciding factor?  "Gee Rex, I'd love to go Mingo or Jones here, but we're within our 7 day window and you know what that means....Offense!!"

They just re-signed Pace would Mingo be the 4th OLB? How long would it take before he was a real starter at OLB? they would use him (or a Dion Jordan) as a DPR type. at least at first. Meanwhile they need a starting G, starting WR and starting TE. guys who will be drafted and instantly start. 

They just re-signed Pace would Mingo be the 4th OLB? How long would it take before he was a real starter at OLB? they would use him (or a Dion Jordan) as a DPR type. at least at first. Meanwhile they need a starting G, starting WR and starting TE. guys who will be drafted and instantly start.

Completely agree now do your mock pick.

Bit - if Lane Johnson is there at 9 is he a possibility as a RT for the Jets?   

what is the possibility of trading within the division and making a deal with MIA to move ahead of SD to get Johnson?  

Bit - if Lane Johnson is there at 9 is he a possibility as a RT for the Jets?   

what is the possibility of trading within the division and making a deal with MIA to move ahead of SD to get Johnson?  

Miami should trade for Brandon Albert in the next few days. Seriously that deal is just about done. Lane Johnson might not even make it to 7 where the Cards would want him. I don't think he'll be there at 9. He's not really a right tackle.  

The Jets should not pass up a potential star pass rusher for a potential starting guard or TE at #9, and I don't think they will. The WRs are probably the same year away from being effective starters as the pass rushers, but I'd still take a chance on them, because that's what the draft is supposed to be about - building not just for this year, but for the future. You draft upside early. 

Jets could take Eifert at #13, Ertz in the second, or a TE in the fourth round who could start. Starting guards can be found throughout the draft. 

Just because he was at Cooper's pro day doesn't necessarily mean he's interested in Cooper at #9 (or even #13).  It just means he's interested (or at a minimum wants to look like he's interested, but I doubt he'd go through that trouble).

A GM who just cleared a bunch of future cap space should realize that even the highest paid first team all pro guard doesn't make $10M/year. A young, top-5-ish OG gets $7-8M and ones hovering around 10th-ranked get maybe $6M at most (and that assumes they're not on their cheap rookie contracts). 

Then look what it took Seattle to get Percy Harvin.  And what it cost them to get Rice before him.  Or what Washington paid Pierre Garcon.  And what it cost us to re-sign Santonio Holmes.  None of these guys are top 10 WRs and they all make as much or more than any of the NFL's premiere guards.  Freaking Josh Morgan and Robert Meachem get $5-6M/year as free agents.  For another $2M you get an all-world guard in his prime.  Want a near top-10 WR in free agency and you're looking at north of $11M/year now (or maybe have to pay high picks for the privilege of offering that contract).  For players probably no one would take at #9 even in a re-draft with the benefit of hindsight.

If we drop from #9 to #15-17 and one of the 2 guards is there I could deal with it because it means we picked up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder and with that we could get a free shot at getting lucky on a QB; one with good upside but who you'd be crazy to draft at the bottom of round 1 or even the top of round 2.  If both Cooper and Warmack are gone by the mid-teens, so be it.  With the cap space we'll have cleared by next year, if we want a good-or-better sure thing at guard (even without Cooper/Warmack's considerable upside), we can get a good one whenever we want in FA.  Hell, with the way no one's offered him anything yet, we could probably get Brandon Moore back for $2M/year until then.

SLats and Spermy just wanted to let you know I'm starting to agree with your positions on drafting skill positions over guards.  now that the Jets have 2 first round picks im thinking both will be offense. maybe one will be a guard (cause that's still a mess) but an Austin/Eifert combo could revitalize the offense. 

Archived