Please check the board before starting a new topic

JoeC36

I know were all excited for the start of training camp and there are a lot of articles and such. 

But please check the board before posting new articles. This time of year there tends to be lots of duplicates and the board gets cluttered. 

Please just run a quick check before starting a new topic. 

THANKS! 

GO JETS

Well, so much for the hippie love thread Phil started earlier ... back to reality!!

Max and Crusher are the good cops, the rest of us are the bad cops - except for GOB, who's the really bad cop.

Joe,

Would it be possible during TC to put all such articles, questions, comments (all except tweets) regarding camp pictures, interviews, reports, etc., in one thread daily?  I exclude tweets because I don't tweet, don't read them, just think they're an unnecessary waste of bandwidth and airspace, and because they can be so many, I think they would make a TC thread too big and unwieldy.  For those who like the tweets, they could still be in a separate thread, but I think it would perhaps help if everything else went into one big thread daily if so many different threads are a problem.

Joe,

Would it be possible during TC to put all such articles, questions, comments (all except tweets) regarding camp pictures, interviews, reports, etc., in one thread daily?  I exclude tweets because I don't tweet, don't read them, just think they're an unnecessary waste of bandwidth and airspace, and because they can be so many, I think they would make a TC thread too big and unwieldy.  For those who like the tweets, they could still be in a separate thread, but I think it would perhaps help if everything else went into one big thread daily if so many different threads are a problem.

That was a consideration, but for people that are only on the board once a day to have to filter through 20-30 pages to possibly find things that are interesting to them is a burden. Separate threads make it easy for people to read what they want and ignore what they want. 

People who request to become mods are the same ones who spent their formative years in the backyard burning ants with a magnifying glass.

Ive never met someone who requested to become one. If they do they're idiots. 

People who request to become mods are the same ones who spent their formative years in the backyard burning ants with a magnifying glass.

It is all part of the training course you have to go through.

That was a consideration, but for people that are only on the board once a day to have to filter through 20-30 pages to possibly find things that are interesting to them is a burden. Separate threads make it easy for people to read what they want and ignore what they want. 

I agree.  I prefer separate threads, but since the issue was raised by a moderator of their being too many threads, it was just a suggestion to try to help.  Thanks!

I agree.  I prefer separate threads, but since the issue was raised by a moderator of their being too many threads, it was just a suggestion to try to help.  Thanks!

its not that there are too many, just multiple threads on the same subject. chris ivory's hamstring for example had 2 or 3 threads started about it

its not that there are too many, just multiple threads on the same subject. chris ivory's hamstring for example had 2 or 3 threads started about it

Ah, ok.  Yeah, that's definitely a problem.  Having posted on many Jets boards over the last 15 years, I always check first.

I accidentally created a double the other day posting a TC report, but I did check the board before creating my post, and there wasn't a thread with it.  By the time I went to the source, copied and pasted it, read it, and added a few comments, someone had beaten me by a few minutes.  Sometimes they can't be helped.

Ah, ok.  Yeah, that's definitely a problem.  Having posted on many Jets boards over the last 15 years, I always check first.

I accidentally created a double the other day posting a TC report, but I did check the board before creating my post, and there wasn't a thread with it.  By the time I went to the source, copied and pasted it, read it, and added a few comments, someone had beaten me by a few minutes.  Sometimes they can't be helped.

Absolutely, its happened to all of us. it is the ones that are started 20 minutes apart that were trying to avoid. 

I know were all excited for the start of training camp and there are a lot of articles and such. 

But please check the board before posting new articles. This time of year there tends to be lots of duplicates and the board gets cluttered. 

Please just run a quick check before starting a new topic. 

THANKS! 

GO JETS

BAN HIM!

Get used to it.  Stop trying to change us.  Its too late.  You sound like my wife.  Pick up your underwear.  Put down the toilet seat. Throw your chicken bones in the trash. Stop bringing hookers home, stop snorting coke off the bible. stop picking your nose & eating it. stop dry humping me in the supermarket.  

for stuff like training camp is there any way to instead of posting other peoples tweets to retweet them on 1 account (jetnation) then post them.

Its kinda crazy when scrolling through the thread to see 6 different people tweet about the same thing 10 minutes apart. Also itd help when im on my phone and could just go to jetnation twitter to see everything

for stuff like training camp is there any way to instead of posting other peoples tweets to retweet them on 1 account (jetnation) then post them.

Its kinda crazy when scrolling through the thread to see 6 different people tweet about the same thing 10 minutes apart. Also itd help when im on my phone and could just go to jetnation twitter to see everything

I'll talk with max and find out. Thanks for the idea

Archived