1. 1. Who do you want for 2013 JetNation Captain

• gEYno
    • flgreen
    • BleedinGreen
    • JetsRule128

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would actually seem most people in this thread, excluding yourself, are indeed mandating it.  He even has the support of the reigning captain, so that should just about settle that.  Perhaps I'll just pass my "C" along to him and be done with it.

That should effectively kill his candidacy. 

That reset button is just what this team needed.  Idzik and gEYno are on the same page.  Together, a brighter future for all Jets fans!  Real and Fake alike!

May the Odds be Ever in Our Favor.

Wait a second, are you kicking off a Jets' Hunger Games?  That sure could be fun.  Especially if there was a QB-only one (excluding Geno of course).

Try not to worry about the bitter jealousy you are bound to encounter during your reign.  It's going to happen a lot over the coming year.  Some people are just too petty and shallow to be able to appreciate the success of others.

Here, a gift for you, you've earned it:

NEW-YORK-JETS-CAPTAIN-C-patch.jpg

Now you're defining 6-10 and a buttfumble as "success?"

:akf:

Not for nothin' pal but the Jets didn't have a losing record on my watch and they certainly weren't the circus they were during your reign. 

You flat out sucked as captain. 

You inherited an AFC Championship team who completely fell apart and became a complete joke on your watch, to the point of having fights in the huddle in the middle of a game.  I inherited a team that was already spiraling out of control, and had Tim freakin' Tebow on its roster.  Talk about being dealt a crappy hand.

You inherited an AFC Championship team who completely fell apart and became a complete joke on your watch, to the point of having fights in the huddle in the middle of a game.  I inherited a team that was already spiraling out of control, and had Tim freakin' Tebow on its roster.  Talk about being dealt a crappy hand.

Get over yourself. 

My team was at least respectable. Under your watch nothing ever went right. 

BG's captaincy was an unmitigated disaster. 

Tom Shane for Captain!!!!

Get over yourself. 

My team was at least respectable. Under your watch nothing ever went right. 

BG's captaincy was an unmitigated disaster. 

Tom Shane for Captain!!!!

No, it really wasn't.  Actually, it was the complete antithesis of respectable.  There could be no more perfect example of a complete failure of captaincy than the last game of yours.  There was even a running theme throughout the Jets' entire 2011 season about what a complete joke their captain situation was.

My team was at least respectable.

Hardly.

Your team finished 8-8 but was the beginning of the end and the need for the rebuilding process.

It was also the year that Sanchez was supposed to take a step forward, instead, he regressed.

Make no mistake, BG's year was a terrible year for all Jets fans.  But it was your year that was responsible for it.

I'm here now, through my own mandate, to right the ship.  The reset has begun, and is nearly complete.  I cannot promise a super bowl, but I will leave the next captain in better shape than what I inherited.  Hardly something you can claim.

Failure and Irrelevancy seem to hurt #UMad?

Failure obviously hurts but I'm used to irrelevancy. 

I can not in good conscience allow you to simply claim the captainship for your own. 

BG's sycophantic support in no way qualifies you to be the guy responsible for righting this ship.

With that in mind, I officially withdraw my nomination of Tom Shane. 

We need a captain who knows what championship football is all about. 

PATRIOTREIGN37 FOR 2013 JN CAPTAIN!!!

After a special session of the JN Captain's Committee, we have chosen a captain for the 2013 season.

That captain is...EY.

Congratulations. Don't suck.

Slow your role. This is a democracy, the people of Jet Nation will vote for their captain. 

The popular vote is a proven failure. We've gone straight oligarchy up in this piece. EY is captain. JetsFan80 is screwed over again.

80 isnt even a choice. i just want to make sure the masses have who they feel will lead the board. If gEYno wins that fine, but if someone else wins that fine too. 

Archived