Practice report: Quinn Arrives, Sanchez Sits

flgreen

Practice report: Quinn arrives, Sanchez sits

September, 2, 2013

Sep 2

1:55

PM ET

By  Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets' always-fascinating quarterback carousel was spinning at full speed Monday.

SanchezNewly signed Brady Quinn, who worked out for the team in the morning, participated in practice, wearing No. 9. As Quinn went through the paces with his new team, embattled incumbent Mark Sanchez was off in the distance, riding a stationary bike. Sanchez is out with a bruised joint in his throwing shoulder and is not expected to be ready for the season opener.

Coach Rex Ryan is scheduled to address the media after practice. It's unknown whether he will announce the starting quarterback, although it's clear that rookie Geno Smith will be the choice.

In other practice news, cornerbacks Antonio Cromartie (hip) and Dee Milliner (calf) worked with the trainers during the 30-minute window open to the media. The early sense is that both will be ready for the Bucs, although there's still some question about Milliner.

Nose tackle Kenrick Ellis (back), who missed the last three preseason games, also didn't participate in the early portion of practice. His status for the opener is up in the air. It looks as if Damon Harrison could get the start.

bc_normal.jpg

Sanchez talked for 10 minutes without saying anything. Mum on injury status #NYJ
18m
Beat Writer / Columnist

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpg
Mark Sanchez doesn't reveal whether he's started throwing yet. "I'm not going to get into the rehab process...just know it's getting better"
18m
Beat Writer / Columnist

cimini_rich_55_normal.jpg
Sanchez won't divulge anything regarding injury except to say he's getting better every day. #Jets
19m
Beat Writer / Columnist

0a55ab99202d64c3b64435a0f316f609_normal.

RT @sportswatch: So @Mark_Sanchez said his shoulder feels better every day but he was adamant about saying NOTHING much beyond that.
16m
Beat Writer / Columnist

47105_151430494879213_100000367915239_33
Only thing Sanchez will say about his injury "day to day" #jets #nyj twitter.com
17m
TV / Radio Personality

No. The cap ramifications of a trade make him hard to move.

Hard, not impossible.

I think it's less likely because Sparano works for Oakland now, and Sanchez is partly why he got fired. I doubt he's endorsing a trade for Mark and Mark's silly ass contract.

That would be so amazing. Its time to move on... two years ago.

can you imagine the mehta/cimini sh*t storm of conspiracy thoeries if they cut him with an injury settlement after putting him in the 4th quarter of a game with peterman in the game ?  the same peterman who got qb's killed with detroit ?

yikes

I wonder if they are looking to do some sort of injury settlement with him... I don't know what the ground rules are for that, but it would be hella opportunistic.

His contract is guaranteed for both injury, and skill  he ain't taking no settlement

He shouldn't have a say , all he is,is a OL coach.

Yeah, you are right - I'm sure the Raiders wouldn't bother asking a coach on their staff, who previously served as the OC for Mark Sanchez, about whether or not he hypothetically should be acquired via trade and given $8million this year.

Pffft... duh.

Archived