Tomlinson: Rex once said "I'm gonna punch [Belichick] in the face"

Jetsfan80

It is because of Rex, that it is difficult to enjoy the Jets right now. First time in 40 years of fandom I have been forced to say that. 

My light at the end of the tunnel is knowing that he will be gone after this season, and my prayer is that he does not retard any development for the future while he is still here.

As far as enjoying this week's victory, I was at a baseball tournament watching my son play, so I only saw the game via DVR on Monday. Thankfully, my son has a number of tournaments left this year, so I will not have to be forced to watch much of the tragic comedy.

So since you won't be watching them play, how about doing us all a favor and take a few months off from the site?  If you're not even going to be watching the games, what point is there for you to comment.  Just take the season off.  Please, and spare us your drivel.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hands down the best season I've ever experienced as a Jets fan. Hard Knocks definitely added to the excitement of the season (btw - how terrible is that show now without Rex?) and that team was just fun to watch. So many exciting games and then Rex put on one of the best 3 games in a row, on the road, defensive game plans to shut down 3 SB winning Qb's that this league has ever seen.

Really was am amazing year...

"Now let's go eat a ******* snack!!!"

Fans don't want results, they want entertainment and blather.

it's all entertainment. Don't ever forget that. The NFL isn't war. It's more like the opera. You buy a season ticket and hope it's good this year.

as for Rex he's a master motivator and the most creative defensive mind in football today. Let's fire him. 

So since you won't be watching them play, how about doing us all a favor and take a few months off from the site?  If you're not even going to be watching the games, what point is there for you to comment.  Just take the season off.  Please, and spare us your drivel.

Since you did not read what I posted, I did watch the game, and will be watching the game. I just won't be able to do it "live".

Pretty sure that I am allowed an opinion. Sorry that it differs from yours. 

Since you did not read what I posted, I did watch the game, and will be watching the game. I just won't be able to do it "live".

Pretty sure that I am allowed an opinion. Sorry that it differs from yours. 

Again, if you hate the coach and team that much, just take a break.  You can have an opinion, sure, but what you post isn't based on your opinion, it's just pure hatred.  There is nothing Rex can do that you're satisfied with, so why bother posting, because we all know you're just going to criticize every little thing Rex does.  It's gotten comical at this point.

Again, if you hate the coach and team that much, just take a break.  You can have an opinion, sure, but what you post isn't based on your opinion, it's just pure hatred.  There is nothing Rex can do that you're satisfied with, so why bother posting, because we all know you're just going to criticize every little thing Rex does.  It's gotten comical at this point.

I actually said that the defense played with better pursuit and tackling than I had seen in a number of games.

If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore.

It is because of Rex, that it is difficult to enjoy the Jets right now. First time in 40 years of fandom I have been forced to say that. 

My light at the end of the tunnel is knowing that he will be gone after this season, and my prayer is that he does not retard any development for the future while he is still here.

As far as enjoying this week's victory, I was at a baseball tournament watching my son play, so I only saw the game via DVR on Monday. Thankfully, my son has a number of tournaments left this year, so I will not have to be forced to watch much of the tragic comedy.

I know right?  I hate being 1-0 with a whole season ahead of us.  Damn that Rex Ryan and his winning ways.

Did people not watch the video? LT wasn't saying this to attack Rex or throw him under the bus...it was meant to be funny.  I do not understand the negative reactions here.

It's because LT knows full well how this is going to be picked up and spun by the media and he also knows that this type of "locker room" talk is meant to stay in there. It's bush league no matter what light he paints it in.

I have no problem with LT telling the story nor do I have a problem with Rex saying that.  It's entertaining if nothing else.

Exactly - every response in this thread before this post clearly didn't read the whole article. LT says he loved that Rex said it, and used this anecdote to make the case that Rex is a "master motivator", and the author (media) acknowledged it as a tenet of what made the rivalry fun, instead of spinning it as "circus". 

Bullsh*t.

Rex and all the ups-and-downs of the current Jets >>>>> Kotite and pretty much every other coach not named Weeb or Parcells.

I tell ya what, if this team keeps on winning, that light at the end of the tunnel is going to be getting progressively darker.  I hope your son is young, because it's gonna be pretty awful avoiding this team with nothing else to do on sundays.

The effective handcuffs that Idzik have placed on Rex say otherwise.

What handcuffs? he's adjusting to a new boss, just like any one of us would have to do in our jobs. If Rex keeps winning Idzik is gonna have a hard time finding a reason to fire him and you'll continue to be the miserable person you seem to be.

The effective handcuffs that Idzik have placed on Rex say otherwise.

A head coach, playing with a rookie QB will not be fired should he produce a winning record, just not going to happen.  You guys can continue with this rhetoric that he's being undercut or hamstrung, but if this team finishes 8-8 or better, I'm sorry to tell ya that Rex is here to stay, and deservedly so.

Forgive me if I don't take your word on its own merits

Bruce Arians – no

Mike Smith – no

John Harbaugh - no

Doug Marrone – no

Ron Rivera – no

Marc Trestman – no

Marvin Lewis – no

Rob Chudzinski – no

Jason Garrett – no

John Fox – no

Jim Schwartz – no