woul you trade a 2nd rd pick for Josh Gordon?

eboozer

19 members have voted

1. 1. Trade a 2nd rd. pick for Josh Gordon?

• Trade a 5th for Kenny Britt?
    • Stay with what we have?

Depends how much of a jackass he is. He can certainly play though and he can beat press coverage.

Reminds me of Cruz a bit.

Josh Gordon has 3 inches and 25 pounds on Cruz.  Aside from that, their draft status, and penchant for getting suspensions....they are pretty much the same player. 

No way in hell I would trade for Britt, another head case who can't stay healthy and fails to produce at those times when he needs to shine. Gordon is also too high a risk, sure he can play great football when he wants to, but his priorities aren't always on his team and we don't need any more questionable character guys. 

I do agree with getting rid of Gates and moving forward with Kerley, Hill and Holmes as our starters. Geno doesn't need to have too many options right now. Just enough to take advantage of match ups and for him to form some sort of relationship with the receivers he has. 

No way in hell I would trade for Britt, another head case who can't stay healthy and fails to produce at those times when he needs to shine. Gordon is also too high a risk, sure he can play great football when he wants to, but his priorities aren't always on his team and we don't need any more questionable character guys. 

I do agree with getting rid of Gates and moving forward with Kerley, Hill and Holmes as our starters. Geno doesn't need to have too many options right now. Just enough to take advantage of match ups and for him to form some sort of relationship with the receivers he has. 

Gordon is 22.  Perfect age to pair with a young, developing QB, and has All-pro talent. 

Josh Gordon has 3 inches and 25 pounds on Cruz. Aside from that, their draft status, and penchant for getting suspensions....they are pretty much the same player.

Have you watched Gordon play? I'm assuming not. Size of a player doesn't necessarily mean they can't hve similar games/skillsets.

Have you watched Gordon play? I'm assuming not. Size of a player doesn't necessarily mean they can't hve similar games/skillsets.

Worst assumer ever.  

Gordon and all of his games/skillsets has made his way to every one of my FF teams.  The kid is special.  

In fact, I thought Cruz was 5'10 by the way he plays...I was surprised to see he's as tall and heavy as he is given the way he plays. 

on edit: Cruz always struck me as a slot type.  Gordon is a legit big-boy receiver who can out-muscle for the ball. 

I found it humorous that the answers to the poll aren't at all in reference to the question, but I digress.  There's no way in hell I would trade a 2nd round pick for someone who's one infraction away from being gone for a year: although he certainly has the talent and two years on a rookie deal left.  Start talking 5th round or lower and then you may be onto something.

Something tells me the Browns aren't going to let go of Gordon--regardless of the substance abuse suspension. They've got him under contract for another three years at a pretty cheap price. They gave Richardson the boot and now have the ammo to get a franchise QB (if there's one to be had) and some more pieces in the 2014 draft. AFC North champs 2016?

Worst assumer ever.

Gordon and all of his games/skillsets has made his way to every one of my FF teams. The kid is special.

In fact, I thought Cruz was 5'10 by the way he plays...I was surprised to see he's as tall and heavy as he is given the way he plays.

on edit: Cruz always struck me as a slot type. Gordon is a legit big-boy receiver who can out-muscle for the ball.

I guess you haven't seen much of Cruz then.

wrong again.

Have you seen either play?

Plenty. You decided you wanted to be the wise guy because you couldn't consider players who aren't similar in size having similar skillsets.

Both line up everywhere, both are beat you over the top players with the ability to make people miss in space. The Giants line Cruz up all ie the field.

Plenty. You decided you wanted to be the wise guy because you couldn't consider players who aren't similar in size having similar skillsets.

Both line up everywhere, both are beat you over the top players with the ability to make people miss in space. The Giants line Cruz up all ie the field.

Gordon is strictly an outside guy.  So you comparing them despite their different skill-set, has less to do with my competence, and more to do with your inability to see how a 6'0, 200 lb speedy slot guy, is not the same as a true #1 in the 6'3, 225, receiver in the Andre Johnson mold.

or have you never seen him play? 

(I can be a dick/wise guy, but at least call me out when it's warranted.  this is not the case)

Archived