Lets discuss the bad and ugly.

joewilly12

Cut Walls,Green,Obamanu,Gates immediately. 

Hill is not the answer at WR its time to bring back Braylon Edwards and possibly Terrell Owens or trade for someone.

Cedrick Benson would have got us that 1 yard that Alex Green couldn't.

The OL is terrible work to be done.

Discuss.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hill is not the answer at WR its time to bring back Braylon Edwards and possibly Terrell Owens or trade for someone.

Discuss.

Gates has got to go. god I hate that guy. O Line is coaching, it has talent.

Discuss.

First of all there was no good to speak of which is obvious. I would say the call was worse than the player on the Green loss. Why not use your basic trigonometry which says the shortest distance between two points is a straight line and run the QB sneak? I mean that call showed that the Jets were brain dead getting off the bus. Geno was NOT going to rally the team on this day anyhow so what does it really matter? What boggles my mind is that after fumbling ONCE Geno ran AGAIN holding the ball out there two more times with the last being ButtFumble II.

Discuss.

the Turnovers is the bad and ugly, its what opens up the can of worms that leads to ........... LETS SEE ....... a points. all 4 turnovers led to points

Discuss.

I think I'll wait for a more reactionary post than this one to start discussing.

I think I'll wait for a more reactionary post than this one to start ediscussing.

1st props to Tennessee, it's a shame what happened to Locker because this team is very good on both sides of the ball, best team the Jets played this year by far!

2nd the Jets need to decide if this is a throw away year, or they want to try, and sneak in the playoffs this year, can't sneak in turning the ball over as many times as Geno does, so if they want to TRY, and sneak in you have to give Simms the shot earlier than if Geno doesn't progress around week 10, and then give Simms a try, you need to go to Simms next week if Geno is making the same poor throws (all coach able stuff, but not in the line of fire if your trying to win), if Simms looks worse, or no better you then realize no matter what you do it's a throw away year, and put Geno back in the following week, and call it a learning lesson why he got benched, fair, or not Simms doesn't get more than 1 shot, so if he even gets that 1 shot he better make it count.

1st props to Tennessee, it's a shame what happened to Locker because this team is very good on both sides of the ball, best team the Jets played this year by far!

2nd the Jets need to decide if this is a throw away year, or they want to try, and sneak in the playoffs this year, can't sneak in turning the ball over as many times as Geno does, so if they want to TRY, and sneak in you have to give Simms the shot earlier than if Geno doesn't progress around week 10, and then give Simms a try, you need to go to Simms next week if Geno is making the same poor throws (all coach able stuff, but not in the line of fire if your trying to win), if Simms looks worse, or no better you then realize no matter what you do it's a throw away year, and put Geno back in the following week, and call it a learning lesson why he got benched, fair, or not Simms doesn't get more than 1 shot, so if he even gets that 1 shot he better make it count.

i agree with this. The d, although pretty damn good, will never be able to keep up with this kinda of turnover game. We need to establish if this is the geno taking his lump year and act accordingly or try to figure out what we have in Simms.

The offense continues to stink.  Even if you discount some of the turnovers, the Jets just can't score.  And half these stats come in garbage time, so I'm not going to look at it like "well they did put up ...so and so yards."  I hate when fans and the media do that.   Garbage time stats mean nothing except to fans who don't pay attention or except to players who want to brag about it.

Geno is a turnover machine.  Yes he's a rookie and yes he will make mistakes.  But he makes way too many bad decisions and half his passes seem to be thrown to wide open receivers.  Makes sense considering the defenses he played while at WVU.  And he holds onto the ball for far too long and makes no attempt to run or throw it away.  The almost safety, the fumble, a ton of other plays.   I'm not sure what that is. That's not really a rookie mistake because there are plenty of rookies or young QBs who get killed for throwing stupid passes or running around to escape pressure.   He just holds onto the ball and does nothing.   

What concerns me is that this team can't score.  It's one thing to throw 2 INTs, fumble it a couple of times, it's another where you do that and still cant' score.  Rookie QBs make mistakes.  But good Rookie QBs with potential also seem to throw TDs.    A 15 TD 15 INT and a bunch of fumbles season would be a good thing to me. It shows he can improve.  
A 7 TD and 15 INT and a bunch of fumbles kind of season shows me he might just not be a good QB.  Who knows.

The rest of the stuff,  I wasn't sold on them last week.  Marty and the offense haven't shown a damn thing for most of the season.  This team seems to be a 10 point kind of team.  Most teams without turnovers and penalties can't win those games.   Add that crap to the mix and it'll always be a struggle.   The Jets got lucky so far for most of the season because other teams didn't capitalize.   Today the Titans turned those TDs into a ton of points.   Tampa, NE, & Buffalo struggled to do that.  Part of that is on the defense making stops, part of it is that Bucs offense sucks, the Pats are still figuring themselves out, and EJ Manual is a rookie QB who was sacked 8 times.   You can't count on that every week.   

What I don't get is the penalties.  Rex's teams were never the goody two shoes kind of teams, but they were never the make dumb mistakes, take dumb penalties, and get called for 10-20 penalties a game.   I'm not sure what that is about.   That is on the coaching staff and players.   It's one thing if we just saw it last week, but it's starting to become a joke on how many penalties will the team wind up with this week. 

I hope geno improves, but I really don't know.  I wasn't impressed with him for most of this season, but I wasn't disgusted with his play either.  Today he just sucked.  So 1/4 into the season, he's never really had a wow game, but he's had a couple of bad games.     Who knows.  So far he hasn't looked like a kid who will wind up some star QB.   Can he change that?  I hope.   The offense has no real running back,  no real OL, even though this team has drafted or signed a ton of them guys over the years.  The Defense plays well and they have a pass rush.   But then again half this game was against Fitzpatrick.  They weren't exactly making Jake Locker look bad.

Discuss.

Sign Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.  Look out!!!!

Discuss.

Cut Walls?  Are you kidding?  He was our best DB.  Yes he allowed EZ TD but there was nothing he can do about it because the location of the ball.  I think he has been the only consistent DB all year. 

#1 - Warmack was the right pick at #9, I said it then I'll say it again now.  

#2 - This is a rebuilding year plain and simple.   The 2-1 start raised expectations but didn't change the reality that it's a rebuilding year geared toward figuring out who stays / goes and clearing out the salary cap.   

The Jets need to figure out if Geno is the man for 2014 or if they need to use their top 10 pick on a QB.    Right now I'd say Geno gets an incomplete.    He needs to cut the turnovers but you can't give up on a rookie 4 games in.   

The offense continues to stink.  Even if you discount some of the turnovers, the Jets just can't score.  And half these stats come in garbage time, so I'm not going to look at it like "well they did put up ...so and so yards."  I hate when fans and the media do that.   Garbage time stats mean nothing except to fans who don't pay attention or except to players who want to brag about it.

Geno is a turnover machine.  Yes he's a rookie and yes he will make mistakes.  But he makes way too many bad decisions and half his passes seem to be thrown to wide open receivers.  Makes sense considering the defenses he played while at WVU.  And he holds onto the ball for far too long and makes no attempt to run or throw it away.  The almost safety, the fumble, a ton of other plays.   I'm not sure what that is. That's not really a rookie mistake because there are plenty of rookies or young QBs who get killed for throwing stupid passes or running around to escape pressure.   He just holds onto the ball and does nothing.   

What concerns me is that this team can't score.  It's one thing to throw 2 INTs, fumble it a couple of times, it's another where you do that and still cant' score.  Rookie QBs make mistakes.  But good Rookie QBs with potential also seem to throw TDs.    A 15 TD 15 INT and a bunch of fumbles season would be a good thing to me. It shows he can improve.  

A 7 TD and 15 INT and a bunch of fumbles kind of season shows me he might just not be a good QB.  Who knows.

The rest of the stuff,  I wasn't sold on them last week.  Marty and the offense haven't shown a damn thing for most of the season.  This team seems to be a 10 point kind of team.  Most teams without turnovers and penalties can't win those games.   Add that crap to the mix and it'll always be a struggle.   The Jets got lucky so far for most of the season because other teams didn't capitalize.   Today the Titans turned those TDs into a ton of points.   Tampa, NE, & Buffalo struggled to do that.  Part of that is on the defense making stops, part of it is that Bucs offense sucks, the Pats are still figuring themselves out, and EJ Manual is a rookie QB who was sacked 8 times.   You can't count on that every week.   

What I don't get is the penalties.  Rex's teams were never the goody two shoes kind of teams, but they were never the make dumb mistakes, take dumb penalties, and get called for 10-20 penalties a game.   I'm not sure what that is about.   That is on the coaching staff and players.   It's one thing if we just saw it last week, but it's starting to become a joke on how many penalties will the team wind up with this week. 

I hope geno improves, but I really don't know.  I wasn't impressed with him for most of this season, but I wasn't disgusted with his play either.  Today he just sucked.  So 1/4 into the season, he's never really had a wow game, but he's had a couple of bad games.     Who knows.  So far he hasn't looked like a kid who will wind up some star QB.   Can he change that?  I hope.   The offense has no real running back,  no real OL, even though this team has drafted or signed a ton of them guys over the years.  The Defense plays well and they have a pass rush.   But then again half this game was against Fitzpatrick.  They weren't exactly making Jake Locker look bad.

The one positive I take from the offense is that they are moving the ball something that they didn't do last year.  Most of the penalties are rally killer.  Most of the time that the offense move the chain it has been called back because of a stupid penalty.  If Geno fix his TO problem and the penalties, LOOK OUT.

The Titans just creamed the Jets. How are they not the better team?

The Jets are a better football team they just didn't show it today.

No he doesn't. You're a terrible evaluator of all things. Walls played better than Cro today. Think about that.

No im not watch the tape Walls is a terrible tackler and he cant cover anyone always a step behind and he cant jump.

The Jets are a better football team they just didn't show it today.

No im not watch the tape Walls is a terrible tackler and he cant cover anyone always a step behind and he cant jump.

The Jets are not better than the Titans. Especially on offense.

Walls played fine in his first start. Lest we not forget you wanted to cut Miliner after his first start. You're just a hater to be a hater for some reason. Locker was on today and putting the ball where only his receiver could get it. Walls was victim to that a few times but mostly his coverage was right on. Even Dierdorf said so.

Watch the tapes is all im gonna say. He was terrible today.

I did, he was on top of the receiver when the receiver made an incredible catch.   That is idiotic and I don't thin any other Jets fan agree with your assertion that Walls played terrible.   This guy have been playing great all season.  I think you need watch the game not listen to them over the radio.  

Walls played fine in his first start. Lest we not forget you wanted to cut Miliner after his first start. You're just a hater to be a hater for some reason. Locker was on today and putting the ball where only his receiver could get it. Walls was victim to that a few times but mostly his coverage was right on. Even Dierdorf said so.

This is false why in the world would I want to cut Milliner. Show me the post or you are a liar. This will prove you have 0 credibility here.

Dierdorf LMFAO you believe him?

Agreed.  Of all our DB he is the only one playing tight coverage.   I think the problem with Joewilie is that he is listening instead of watching the game.

Agreed.  Of all our DB he is the only one playing tight coverage.   I think the problem with Joewilie is that he is listening instead of watching the game.

Please are you guys nuts?  I urge you to watch the tape on Walls he was beaten badly today over and over and missed many tackles.

This is false why in the world would I want to cut Milliner. Show me the post or you are a liar. This will prove you have 0 credibility here.

Dierdorf LMFAO you believe him?

You said Miliner was another bust. I just figured you would want him cut since you deemed him worthless almost immediately.

And yes, I believe Dierdorf in this instance because I saw the same things he was talking about.

You're just plain wrong here, which is to the surprise of no one.

You said Miliner was another bust. I just figured you would want him cut since you deemed him worthless almost immediately.

And yes, I believe Dierdorf in this instance because I saw the same things he was talking about.

You're just plain wrong here, which is to the surprise of no one.

You said I said to cut him. You sir have lost any and all credibility you ever had with me or this board. You LIED!

Archived