Jets sign David Nelson WR

joewilly12

Why is there even a David Nelson bubble to be bursted?

Anytime you get a signing off the street, he's always going to be viewed as a potential savior by some. Not that it's anyone's job to temper other's expectations, I just figure it'd save us from having a "David Nelson didn't even play, but Obama and Gates still suck...another bust signing by Idzik" thread. I like to be proactive in my efforts.

Anytime you get a signing off the street, he's always going to be viewed as a potential savior by some. Not that it's anyone's job to temper other's expectations, I just figure it'd save us from having a "David Nelson didn't even play, but Obama and Gates still suck...another bust signing by Idzik" thread. I like to be proactive in my efforts.

Im not at all impressed by Idzik and his judgement in dealing with problems as they exist today. We knew going into pre season we had WR and RB issues he failed to properly address them.

Im not at all impressed by Idzik and his judgement in dealing with problems as they exist today. We knew going into pre season we had WR and RB issues he failed to properly address them.

RB: Bilal Powell leads the AFC in rushing.

WR: they brought in Braylon, what more could you possibly ask for?

we have holes in a whole lotta places....can't fix'em all in one season.

I figured if the Browns cut him.... considering their current wide receiver depth... he can't be any good any more.

But they also traded away trent richardson so maybe they're just clueless.

And you could be 100% correct.  Or maybe he just didn't have his sea legs yet after surgery and they didn't think they were desperate enough at the position to waste time investing in seeing if he ever would.  

I figured if the Browns cut him.... considering their current wide receiver depth... he can't be any good any more.

But they also traded away trent richardson so maybe they're just clueless.

The Browns have been a better team without Richardson.

The Browns have been a better team without Richardson.

Not because of Richardson's departure, though.  They can't run the ball for sh*t.  

The 2 wins might have something to do with the QB change and their only WR coming off suspension, plus then holding Cincy to 2 FGs on Sunday.  

McGahee & Rainey are not better than Richardson.

And you could be 100% correct.  Or maybe he just didn't have his sea legs yet after surgery and they didn't think they were desperate enough at the position to waste time investing in seeing if he ever would.  

I like this glass half full approach of yours

Powell is ok but we need another RB to handle some of the work load.

I wish Braylon Edwards was still on this team instead of Gates and Obamanu.

Goodson returns this week.

As for WR we were all set to draft Tavon Austin before the Rams moved up, using their 100's of draft picks from the RG3 deal, to take him instead.  Then again, who should we have brought in?  We already tried Braylon and he blows. 

Not to mention, our trio of Holmes-Hill-Kerley looked decent.  Granted, they did their best work against a bad, banged up Bills secondary, but they looked like an adequate group out there.  I think Idzik did the right thing by waiting until next offseason to address the position fully.  Holmes will probably be gone and we'll look to get a true WR1.

Not because of Richardson's departure, though.  They can't run the ball for sh*t.  

The 2 wins might have something to do with the QB change and their only WR coming off suspension, plus then holding Cincy to 2 FGs on Sunday.  

McGahee & Rainey are not better than Richardson.

Having the offense run through Richardson was the problem. He's done nothing on the Colts and was outplayed by Bradshaw the one game they played together.

Mcgahee and Rainey arent better, but Richardson isnt very good either. They're utilizing their best weapons now via the passing attack. Both Gordon and Cameron are studs. Richardson was extra luggage that they got a first round pick for.

Having the offense run through Richardson was the problem. He's done nothing on the Colts and was outplayed by Bradshaw the one game they played together.

Mcgahee and Rainey arent better, but Richardson isnt very good either. They're utilizing their best weapons now via the passing attack. Both Gordon and Cameron are studs. Richardson was extra luggage that they got a first round pick for.

He touched the ball 38 times combined in the first two games, hardly run through him Their problem was Weeden throwing 1 td to 3 interceptions on 50% passing combined through those first two games.

If you want to use that line of thinking; Indi is using him more than cleveland and they've won both games, coincidence? 

He touched the ball 38 times combined in the first two games, hardly run through him Their problem was Weeden throwing 1 td to 3 interceptions on 50% passing combined through those first two games.

If you want to use that line of thinking; Indi is using him more than cleveland and they've won both games, coincidence? 

He just isnt very good. He makes too many cuts going nowhere, average lateral quickness and has terrible vision(why he breaks so many tackles). His ypc wont improve much on the Colts. He is what he is.

Gordon wasn't playing the first 2 games.  He was suspended.  They had Richardson and a TE, with Weeden throwing.

I'd imagine the Jets passing game will be going TE early and often on Monday.  At this point, Cumberland and Winslow are easily more effective pass-catchers than any of the healthy WRs outside of Kerley.

Yeah, and this isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's probably a little more efficient and safer than working outside anyway, especially with a rookie QB. 

From what I have read, Nelson is kind of a weird fit.  He's a big goochie TE sized slot WR.  Most teams like little weasely Devin Hester types there.  I don't think he was such a great fit in Cleveland, but a tweener, no position type is often better than whatever classic scrap heap reject you can pick up at this point.  Cough cough, the usual suspects.

Archived